my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The last 44 seconds of Psychic Vacuum...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The last 44 seconds of Psychic Vacuum...
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted April 13, 2011 14:44     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...are the greatest 44 seconds of sounds ever recorded.

Yes, that includes Mo-zart, Teh Beatles and anything played by serious jazz students.

(*** QUALITY THREAD ***)

|  IP: Logged
Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted April 13, 2011 14:46     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 13, 2011 15:11     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
(****QUALITY FILM****) or whatever the hell that is.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted April 13, 2011 15:17     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not to forget the part starting with 1.20 left.

And pretty much everything else on that album.

Except Batman then maybe...

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 13, 2011 15:24     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For me it would be the 40 secs. before the last 40 secs of said song.... that's between 2:30 and 3:10 ... pure aural bliss

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 13, 2011 15:33     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Seems like we're talking about the exact same part Uffe.... so much awesomeness cannot be unnoticed.

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 13, 2011 21:04     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
W T F??

It looks like the mutant bastard offspring of Michael Caine & Andy Kaufman.

Concur 100% regarding PV.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted April 16, 2011 02:02     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well... to me,

02:28 - 03:06

changed my life.
I can not even explain what that is.
Have you guys ever tried to play bass to this?

I so wish a string quartet would interpret Dimension Hatröss passionately.
I'd pay Apocalyptica to do it, if I could.

--------------------

What the...?

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 20, 2011 13:03     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Stop arguing. The whole song is unbelievable.

I'd love to hear a piano lounge version of it.

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted April 20, 2011 16:03     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFfdRRiSuic

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted April 20, 2011 21:57     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gerfat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFfdRRiSuic

Holy shit man, hearing it that way it could totally have been composed by Béla Bartók!

Awesome find, thanks.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted April 21, 2011 16:55     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
Holy shit man, hearing it that way it could totally have been composed by Béla Bartók!

Awesome find, thanks.

I doubt it was exclusively on my behalf but years ago this bloke transcribed "cosmic drama" to youtube, so I messaged him begging to do "Psychic Vacuum" too(I Pretty much agreed with the op, even then!). He was kind enough to message back once he'd done it.

20-odd years ago and Voivod were channeling stuff that most 'metal' bands still have no idea even exists.

The more time passes, the more I think D.H.
exists on a plane of it's own. Truly transcendent stuff.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 21, 2011 19:37     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would agree with that as I think most people here would. The question I have is can Voivod 2011 now create a work that takes us to that same parallel universe like they were able to do on DH. I think the potential is definitely there.
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted April 21, 2011 21:01     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NightSod:

20-odd years ago and Voivod were channeling stuff that most 'metal' bands still have no idea even exists.

This single sentence says everything.

NightSod
VoivodFan
Member # 133

posted April 22, 2011 02:07     Profile for NightSod   Email NightSod     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
I would agree with that as I think most people here would. The question I have is can Voivod 2011 now create a work that takes us to that same parallel universe like they were able to do on DH. I think the potential is definitely there.

I certainly hope so too. Given the amazing vibe the band seem to have live, the chemistry(astrochemistry!), I'm at the stage where I'm eager to hear WHATEVER they might release. However good.

To think that I felt disappointed when I first readhere that they were carrying on with Dan...
but it's all sounded so natural and been handled so gracefully that I'm actually more excited about this latest phase of VOIVOD, than about the sans-snake years.(and I liked them.)
No cynicism, all art.
Witness the Judas Priest camp and KK for the polar opposite on how to do things.

Rev. Joel
VoivodFan
Member # 1024

posted April 22, 2011 18:04     Profile for Rev. Joel   Email Rev. Joel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For me, it's "Experiment," from the 5:45 mark until the end. Sometimes I dream about the end of that song.

I Voivod!

--------------------

"Wow, a superpowers drug you can just rub into your skin? You'd think it'd be something you'd have to freebase."
- Philip J. Fry

kwolf68
VoivodFan
Member # 1336

posted August 05, 2011 14:45     Profile for kwolf68   Email kwolf68     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dimension Hatross is a ridiculously great album. Brain Scan is my current favorite song off the album...every two or three months that changes.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan