my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Roadburn 2011 pass seeks Voivod fan!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Roadburn 2011 pass seeks Voivod fan!
VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 12, 2011 02:56     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi everyone,

I am sorry this is so last minute, but I have a Roadburn 2011 festival pass that I would like to give away to a Voivod fan, and what better place than here to find that person?

I do not want money for it. I work for the festival and one of the nice benefits is that I can invite a "plus one." If you are interested, please send an email to: vandale0507 [at] vegemail [dot] com.

Let me know if you need suggestions about where to stay or help with travel logistics and I will do what I can.

Unfortunately, I just found out that my long-time Roadburn companion (and huge Voivod fan) cannot travel to Holland this year due to family circumstances. Fortunately, Voivod has two gigs scheduled for Switzerland, so hopefully that will work out. The next chaosmonger on my list who joined me at Waldrock for Voivod back in ’09 likewise cannot make it. Everyone else I know who loves Voivod either already has a ticket (or works for the festival).

Even though I have only been a lurker up until now, I have a long history with this site. I found it back in 2005 after I learned that Piggy had died and I did not have anyone nearby to feel sad with and reminisce about The Good Old Days. With the advent of the Good New Days, I have stopped by regularly to catch up on gig reports and pictures & all. So thanks for all of that!

I even had the chance to meet DBC and Paulussie in Helmond last year (hello again & cheers DBC for posting the link to my account of the evening in question. It is happening--they are coming to Roadburn! Not once, but twice!).

Let me know as soon as possible if you can make it to Roadburn this weekend. Of course I would like to invite everyone here to come along but I only have one guest pass, so I apologize if it's already snapped up by the time you reply.

FWIW there are numerous people selling tickets on the foreverdoomed.com site in the official Roadburn festival forum section.

Yesterday I caught a glimpse of the artwork that will be used as a backdrop during the gigs, it's gorgeous! Hope to meet lots of Voivodians this weekend!

-Leslie

|  IP: Logged
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted April 12, 2011 04:12     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Leslie - that's very cool of you, man. I'd be all over this if I didn't have a ticket already.
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 12, 2011 08:07     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Leslie,

that's a really nice thought. Like H I have a ticket. Hope you can make somebody happy with it!

Maybe you can answer a question for me. I would like to make some pics for de VV boards, but I'm not sure if I can bring my slr camera, or only cell phones and small camreas are allowed?

Maybe we can have a chat again and have a drink

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 12, 2011 08:09     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow man, that's so, so cool from you ... I hope I was somewhere nearby Holland right now, but I'm sure you'll find someone able to make it to the festival in this Voivod-freaks-nest.

To all my VVF comrades attending: have a great time!!! (it's pretty obvious that you'll do)

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 12, 2011 10:04     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Definitely check out Ludicra..........
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 12, 2011 10:17     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Heej, Leslie.

problem is I do not have a ticket and I would be dying to go. If possible, please please please gimme that thing.

I make it up to you.

I live in Holland, so best to send it fast.

thanks in advance, my email asdress is:

voivodian@hotmail.com

x1000

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 12, 2011 11:34     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hee Paul -- it's yours!

Ik ga je straks ff mailen; dan kunnen wij of iets afspreken of kan ik wellicht zelfs een pdf bestand naar je toesturen (tegenwoordig gaat alles via ticketservice, inclusief gastkaartjes).

Thanks for the warm replies everyone!

If you are at Roadburn and see a Korgrrrl in a die kreuzen hoodie, come up & say hello!

Looking forward to seeing you again, DBC! Ready for a game of Voivod t-shirt poker?

For details see http://www.roadburn.com/2011/04/an-unofficial-guide-to-things-to-do-in-noord-brabant-in-between-roadburn-shows/
and scroll down to the end...

Cheers,
Leslie

PS: Mezcalhead, yes! I am looking forward to Ludicra, first time seeing them live...

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 12, 2011 11:56     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congrats Paul!

I'm so glad for you and for the whole situation that it even surpasses how jealous I feel.

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 12, 2011 12:49     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GOING TO ROADBURN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WEEHAAAAAAAAAA.....

THANKS, LESLIE, ALREADY MAILED YOU!!!

I WILL LOOK YOU UP FOR A GOOD BEER AND ALL!!!

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 12, 2011 12:51     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yo, Robert!

ik zie ja daar voor een biertje. Blijven jullie daar overnachten?

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 12, 2011 15:01     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
Yo, Robert!

ik zie ja daar voor een biertje. Blijven jullie daar overnachten?

Nope, wij rijden om de beurt, want Venlo is net een uurtje rijden. Ga jij ook de donderdag?

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted April 12, 2011 15:04     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBC:
Nope, wij rijden om de beurt, want Venlo is net een uurtje rijden. Ga jij ook de donderdag?

Nee, alleen de vrijdag. Gezinsperikelen noem het maar. Dit concert komt voor mij eigenlijk uit de lucht vallen.

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 12, 2011 15:08     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
Looking forward to seeing you again, DBC! Ready for a game of Voivod t-shirt poker?

I must have a 6 or 7 shirts, but doesn't my jacket (avatar) cover everything

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 12, 2011 15:11     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Nee, alleen de vrijdag. Gezinsperikelen noem het maar. Dit concert komt voor mij eigenlijk uit de lucht vallen.

We bellen wel en doen een biertje of wat. Wordt het toch nog Roadburnen voor jou, tof!

--------------------

VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted April 12, 2011 15:46     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rob, hmmm...you can be the house in the poker game against which everyone else has to play!

To answer your earlier question, I'm afraid your SLR camera qualifies as 'pro equipment' so you'll have to make do with an instamatic or a phone.

Paul, you've got mail!

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 12, 2011 15:54     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 317537:
Rob, hmmm...you can be the house in the poker game against which everyone else has to play!

Hmmm, I'm a real nono and a zero in poker. I even don't know the rules....

Shame about the slr, but understandable. I bring my tiny camera again and give it a shot

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 12, 2011 19:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya just gotta love the metal community. Very cool of you Leslie.

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 13, 2011 14:18     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice one! Have fun Paul! Wish I was going

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 13, 2011 15:09     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
GOING TO ROADBURN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Paul! And how cool of you Missus to find someone on this board to be the recipient of a Roadburn pass.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan