my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod shows in Italy, may 2011

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod shows in Italy, may 2011
Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted March 09, 2011 17:38     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be there

6 may - Rome
7 may - Novara

|  IP: Logged
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted March 10, 2011 11:58     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We may meet at Novara then...
Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted March 10, 2011 16:56     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
avoja!!!! ehmmmm...Sure
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted May 06, 2011 14:25     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Still planning to go at Novara?
Me and other 4 people are going for sure, if you are interested to meet I'm the one in this pictures ah ah... http://www.voivodfan.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=005051

Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted May 09, 2011 18:35     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
aaaaah helldriver!!! just reading now your message ((
yes, I was there. A long way: I'm from Chiavenna (so), then go to take my girlfriend after work and she lives near bassano Del Grappa... Then, road again to Riomagnano Sesia, see this AMAZING concert and back to Bassano. Now I'm again in Chiavenna.
Total: 1334 km (I'm not Joking!!!! )
Sad that I see your picture just now...next time we will drink something togheter
By the way, the gig was amazing as always. meet the band before and after the concert, cool as always. Nice performance of th support act too, Hellstorm.
The new song is simply the kind of voivod-sound I'm awaiting from the post-eric era. And I can't wait for a new album if this is only the beginning!
I have filmed the whole show. Video is very good, but the audio is bad, but I'll upload it on Dime in a few days anyway.
This is the trackilst for those who weren't there: as you can notice, we had an extra encore

Voivod
Rock 'n' Roll Arena, Romagnano Sesia, Italy
May 7, 2011

01.Intro - The Thing Theme (John Carpenter cover)
02.The Unknown Knows
03.The Prow
04.Ripping Headaches
05.Ravenous Medicine
06.Forlorn
07.Tribal Convictions
08.Global Warning
09.Brain Scan
10.Nothingface
11.Missing Sequences
12.Kaleidos
13.Tornado

14.Voivod
15.Nuclear War
16.Astronomy Domine (Pink Floyd cover)

17.Overreaction

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted May 10, 2011 14:31     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1334 Km? You are crazy! Aaahh it's amazing what men do for their womens... (and for Voivod also) Ah ah!
I live near Lecco, we are quite close, then it's ok for the beer at the next gig.

Well, let's talk about serious thing now, the place was full of people and the show was fantastic (as usual), there were some little inconveniences ( 2 or 3 times the songs started without one instrument) but they play very well over all (did I say that Chevy is fantastic?), they were joking much of the show on the stage (Blacky and Chevy most) and Dan seem more relaxed and confident now.

The sound was not very good in my ears, it was better the last year at Pinarella di Cervia, I liked very much the progression of the songs, in particular the last 5 (Tornado live was one of my greatest desire!!!) very well also the selection of Forlorn, the new song has to be listened from a media to be valutated correctly but it's promising very good.

I had only 2 hours of driving to go at my house so at 3 in the morning I were in bed very happy to have seen Voivod 2 times in 1 year.

Then I'm waiting to see your video eh eh!

Max1334
VoivodFan
Member # 202

posted May 13, 2011 19:36     Profile for Max1334   Email Max1334     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just can't understand how make a multicam dvd..... so as soon as possible, i'll edit my version, first send it to the band and then spread to the fans the quality is fine, but the audio is a little bit "blowered", hehehe If anyone have recorded it, maybe I can patch the new audio and make a better job
VoivodFan
Member # 1294

posted June 01, 2011 07:28     Profile for 317537   Email 317537     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Grazie! I was curious about these gigs, there were lots of happy Italians at Voivod's Roadburn shows.

Have you seen this clip of Astronomy Domine from Novara? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b9GR_VGkNo

I would be happy to drive around Italy in search of Voivod shows -- you have those amazing Autogrilli places. The first time I visited one I couldn't believe all the people standing up at little tables sipping espresso and enjoying slices of pinola. It was the nicest truckstop I had ever seen *lol*

That was during a roadtrip in the summer of '00; first stop in Italy was Milano to see Motorpsycho & we stayed with some nice psychonauts in...Lecco! They took us to this bakery that opened late at night, apparently it was a popular destination after the clubs closed. It was great, not just the food but the people-watching, too.

Hmm, I think I need to visit Italy again soon...Thanks again for your reports!

Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted June 07, 2011 14:01     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah ah Lecco, what a coincidence! It should has been the "Ghiottone" it was te last place open where eat or drink something at late night, if I remeber correctly at 3 or 4 it was still operative...
Nice to hear you had a good time in Italy, I see in your profile you are from Nederlands, my brother had a girlfriend from Holland when He was 18 and we made some travel too... Ah ah good times!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan