my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Guinness

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guinness
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 27, 2011 20:21     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just noticed a big difference by drinking one warm instead of cold. Wow....I'm guessing this is the way its supposed to be drunk?? Much smoother......
 |  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 27, 2011 21:33     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, slightly chilled, not ice cold is best for me. I tend to pour 'em cold, but notice the flavor comes out as the temperature evens out... if it actually sits that long before I'm pouring another, anyway.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 28, 2011 04:11     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You have a choice in the bars over here to have regular guinness or 'extra cold'. I find the extra cold has no flavour at all. Best served just below room temperature (I keep my stash in my garage).

That reminds me though.... just got back from 9 days in Europe and didn't have a pint of the black stuff all trip. I'll make up for that tonight!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted January 28, 2011 07:18     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for confirming this guys. Sometimes accidents lead to great discoveries.

Pulling out of fridge now....

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted January 28, 2011 11:37     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And here I thought a warmer Guinness was common knowledge amongst commom drinkers.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 28, 2011 23:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
You have a choice in the bars over here to have regular guinness or 'extra cold'. I find the extra cold has no flavour at all. Best served just below room temperature (I keep my stash in my garage).

That reminds me though.... just got back from 9 days in Europe and didn't have a pint of the black stuff all trip. I'll make up for that tonight!

THE MASTER SPEAKS!!!! I think H should be the poster boy for Guinness... hell they should at least sponsor a EOLB World Tour!!!

--------------------

yawn

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 01, 2011 05:40     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We also have two types* of canned Guinness here - regular old school version and one with a 'widget' in it, which makes it foamy like you'd get from a pump.

The problem is that if you don't chill the widget version for two hours it overfoams. In fact, I once carried a can in my pocket during a punk gig and opened it on the way home. So much sprayed out that there was only a bloody mouthful of tepid froth left! (insert disappointed/thirsty emoticon here).

*there is also extra strong Nigerian-issue Guinness in bottles at 7.5%. Extra tasty, but by fuck it gets to your head!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted February 01, 2011 17:16     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I love the widget cans.

7.5%! Most likely that one'd kill me dead. Well, not really, but close. I'm going to hell since I haven't had a beer in over 1 week.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan