my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » 25 years ago today: WORLD WAR III FESTIVAL

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 25 years ago today: WORLD WAR III FESTIVAL
Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted November 30, 2010 10:25     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today is the 25th anniversary of WW III Festival in Montreal! Hard to believe it was so long ago! To commemorate its anniversary I have written up a small feature today at Hellbound.ca:
http://www.hellbound.ca/2010/11/remembering-25-years-ago-today-world-war-iii-festival/

Blacky, any thoughts you can share with us about this killer show?

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 30, 2010 20:06     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW 25 years ago. It just means we're all getting old... but we can still thrash around, so at least we don't act old.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted December 01, 2010 10:11     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I can still jump around......my headbanging days are long gone though.....
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 01, 2010 13:16     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sean:
Today is the 25th anniversary of WW III Festival in Montreal! Hard to believe it was so long ago! To commemorate its anniversary I have written up a small feature today at Hellbound.ca:
[URL=http://www.hellbound.ca/2010/11/remembering-25-years-ago-today-world-war-iii-festival/]http://www.hellbound.ca/2010/11/remembering-25-years-ago-today-world-war-iii-festival/[/ URL]

Blacky, any thoughts you can share with us about this killer show?

OUTSTANDING READ, THANKS SEAN...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted December 03, 2010 10:33     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh man, thanks for reading it! It was a lot of fun to put together.

I would have loved to have been at that fest. So much cooler than most of the fests that happen these days!

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted December 03, 2010 13:58     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya, cool read, and props to this dude for remembering so much of it.

My first proper Voivod gig was No Speed Limit Week-End and I can't remember a lot apart my then roommate throwing people back into the pit : )

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 04, 2010 03:47     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
mmmm, my first Voivod gig was in Tilburg Holland at the Outer limits tour.
After that one came I think about 12 others half of them with Eric Forrest (2000 era) and the rest with Snake...

Good memories to all of the gigs, there wasn't a bad one between. Some were maybe a little short due to the fact Voivod played amongst 4 or 5 other bands.

--------------------

Ron McGregor
VoivodFan
Member # 1080

posted December 05, 2010 17:31     Profile for Ron McGregor   Email Ron McGregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great read - lots of souvenirs. As you were backstage and everything there, we probably cross each other.
Thanks !

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 08, 2010 14:22     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great read!

But holy cow, that pic:

Can it be more fucking METAL?
\m/ \m/

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted December 08, 2010 14:27     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
However:

quote:
I remember Musique Plus / Much Music interviewing all the bands.

Musique Plus was founded in 1986, the year after...

Could it have been only Much Music?

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted December 09, 2010 22:47     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It is due time all these bands re-unite as the "Small Five" for one of those mega-european-mega-metal festivals.

And then......film it for a DVD and then make a special collectors edition with guitar picks and such and oh.... I'm just dreaming again aren't I?

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 10, 2010 06:12     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mind Running Slow:
It is due time all these bands re-unite as the "Small Five" for one of those mega-european-mega-metal festivals.

And then......film it for a DVD and then make a special collectors edition with guitar picks and such and oh.... I'm just dreaming again aren't I?

u can forget about a cf reunion. but he,
a festival with

Voivod
Kreator
Destruction
Coroner
Tryptikon

would make me fucking drool.........
(and probably **** also...)
(*edited*)

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted December 10, 2010 08:29     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, Hellfest is not that far away from that lineup.

hellfest

They already have Kreator, Coroner and Tryptykon... neither Voivod nor Destruction did play in 2010, so I think there's a chance they could be added. *crossing fingers*

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted December 10, 2010 16:06     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
add sodom and Bolt Thrower ...thats some line up
iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted December 10, 2010 17:24     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Duh ... I just saw that the mighty Vod has a canadian gig scheduled for June 17 ... still crossing my fingers!!

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted December 11, 2010 01:36     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Are you going to Hellfest Igor? One week before there is the Rock Hard festival in Gelsenkirchen Germany, what is a 1 hour drive for me. Can't get enough days off, because we planned a 4 week trip for net year..

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted December 11, 2010 07:32     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bloodstock is looking rather good this year, it will shit all over the other UK fests from a great height! Coroner, Triptykon, Immortal and Morbid Angel

--------------------

String em up

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted December 13, 2010 06:53     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, Rob ... I haven't decided yet, but it's quite possible that I'll be attending some festival next summer. Hellfest looks good... I also loved how tidy and well organized Wacken was, and I'd love to go there again, but the bill is looking lame so far (w/ only 20 bands announced or so).

It also depends on who is attending where, as a big part of the fun was sharing with VVFs. Attending festivals alone, while still being a lot of fun, are not half as fun as fests with VVFs

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted December 13, 2010 06:59     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
FUCK ME ... I just saw the Rockhard fest site and the mighty ANACRUSIS will be playing ...

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted December 13, 2010 07:12     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggööörrr:
FUCK ME ... I just saw the Rockhard fest site and the mighty ANACRUSIS will be playing ...

Maybe we can do some beers at Rockhard

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

bob66
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 1289

posted April 10, 2011 04:28     Profile for bob66   Email bob66     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Official ticket!

I was there! What a show!

We got back in Quebec City at 8;30 am because
the bus driver was lost and drunk!

We were all drunk and stoned, so when we finaly arrived, people were going to work or school... We were walking, 50 guys, on the sidewalk, with our 1985 metal thrashing rage look...

Mike Amstadt
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 1229

posted June 25, 2011 16:51     Profile for Mike Amstadt   Email Mike Amstadt     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great article ! .
I was Voivod's sound engineer at that time and continued to work with them until the late 90 "s . Maurice Richard , the promoter and Voivod's manager did an amazing job organizing everything. He also booked Celtic Frost to play at " Le Moustache " that same week .

Ron McGregor
VoivodFan
Member # 1080

posted June 26, 2011 19:50     Profile for Ron McGregor   Email Ron McGregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And Mike produced RRROOOAAARRR !
Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted June 28, 2011 08:47     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ron McGregor:
And Mike produced RRROOOAAARRR !

So he's the guilty one!

\m/ \m/

Mike, any cool studio stories about the recording of RRROOOAAARRR? Give some to the recording geeks...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan