my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod to play two shows at Roadburn festival 2011 (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Voivod to play two shows at Roadburn festival 2011
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted November 10, 2010 07:45     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YEEHAW!!

quote:
Roadburn is also extremely happy to announce that the legendary Canadian avant-metal quartet Voivod will be performing two separate shows at Roadburn 2011 (one in the 013 venue, and one at the Midi Theater). The band have the core line-up of Away, Snake and Blacky, and guitarist Daniel Mongrain who has done an exceptional job filling in for the late, great Piggy. Both shows will be different, so that diehards can look forward to two full sets.

Formed in 1981 by KISS-worshipping French Canadian teenagers Denis “Piggy” D’Amour and Jean-Yves “Blacky” Thériault, Voivod soon transcended their humble origins and have been on the cutting edge of metal almost ever since – first on the extreme edge of raw, bestial thrash, then (astonishingly) just a few years later as technical, progressive metal masterminds, inhabiting a strange sci-fi universe based on the ideas and artwork of the band’s resident graphics genius and conceptual visionary, drummer Michel “Away” Langevin. Over the course of their nearly 30 year career, Voivod have never stopped venturing boldly into new sonic realms, brilliantly incorporating everything from industrial metal to alt-punk pop and of course Pink Floydian psychedelia into their unique sound…

But they should need no introduction at all to most metalheads, really – if you’re into metal, chances are you’re a Voivod fan, and mourned when founding guitarist Piggy tragically succumbed to cancer in 2005. In a perfect world, Piggy would still be with us, and also in a perfect world, Voivod would be a household name, rather than just mega cult heroes. It’s saying something though, that when Jason Newsted left Metallica, the band he decided to join was Voivod!

Roadburn is pleased to have the latest edition of Voivod but rather than Jason Newsted they’ll have original bassist Blacky the band, alongside original vocalist Denis “Snake” Bélanger, and touring guitarist Daniel Mongrain (Martyr, Gorguts, Cryptopsy) to perform exclusively material from when Blacky was in the band, from their 1984 debut War & Pain through to 1988′s Dimension Hatröss, which would also encompass such classic albums as Killing Technology (1987) and possibly their ultimate statement, Nothingface (1989).

http://www.roadburn.com/2010/11/voivod-to-play-two-shows-at-roadburn-festival-2011/

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

|  IP: Logged
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 10, 2010 08:57     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You gotta be fucking kidding!!!

No serious; Will be there for 10000%

Biertje?? Robert??

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 10, 2010 11:50     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome. Been to Roadburn every year for the past 5 years. Fingers x-ed I'll get there next year too. Warning - this will sell out FAST.

Hopefully see you all there!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted November 10, 2010 12:22     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmm

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted November 10, 2010 14:08     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
another "hmm" from me *doing the math*

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 11, 2010 15:47     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Easy math! Roadburn + Igor + Uffe = AWESOME!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 12, 2010 09:12     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh boy, you'll have to check out Ludrica as well:
http://www.roadburn.com/2010/11/more-bands-announced-for-roadburn-2011-master-musicians-of-bukkake-ludicra-and-imaad-wasif/

Kruliosis
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 1242

posted November 15, 2010 23:26     Profile for Kruliosis   Email Kruliosis     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shit, I need to move out of the states, all the good festivities are far from here.

I hope Voivod returns to the Bay Area again, last time I saw them was with Testament and Nuclear Assault at the Warfield.It's been a few minutes since I saw them last...I think I was 15? Sad isn't it?

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted November 16, 2010 06:44     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Easy math! Roadburn + Igor + Uffe = AWESOME!

Hahaha ... yep Harry, looks easy, but I'd have to take a chance between RB and the Summer Festivals.

Anyhow a very important part of the experience would be to meet again with some/hopefully all of you guys, so that is a big deciding factor ... difficult math there, dude!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 16, 2010 12:29     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggööörrr:
Hahaha ... yep Harry, looks easy, but I'd have to take a chance between RB and the Summer Festivals.

Anyhow a very important part of the experience would be to meet again with some/hopefully all of you guys, so that is a big deciding factor ... difficult math there, dude!

Okay then, who is going for "sure"

Me.....

--------------------

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 18, 2010 08:31     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Winter (yes... WINTER) have reformed to play Roadburn. The only way I'll miss this is due to death. Even then I'll climb out of hell to be there!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 26, 2010 14:29     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2010/11/roadburn-2011-get-tickets-before-they-sell-out/

The last one sold out in 30 minutes!!!! Holy shit you guys better be quick with your mouses.....

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted November 27, 2010 04:41     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn happy I just purchased one for three days!

Voivooooooooooooooooooooood!

quote:
Apparently Roadburn Festival 2011 sold out in approx. 15 to 20 minutes. As of now, there are about 10 x 4-days passes and about 21 x 3-day passes pending. Please keep trying as they might become available. There are still additional tickets for the Roadburn Afterburner, set for Sunday, April 17th at the 013 venue, Tilburg, Holland.

http://www.roadburn.com/2010/11/roadburn-2011-sold-out-in-about-15-to-20-minutes-some-tickets-pending-afterburner-tickets-still-available/

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted November 27, 2010 10:27     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Me and Meg are no go.
We're most likely off to Montana and other places for a month next summer. Planning a roadtrip so someone might get a visit

This festival is insane though. Voivod twice, Winter and then SunnO))) to send peoples poop into orbit...

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted November 27, 2010 11:47     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
fuck, didn't know this would sell out on such a short notice...

Maybe a ticket on the black market ??

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted November 27, 2010 13:18     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe you can try the next days once in a while, because every year there are some issues with online bookings what make some tickets available again via the official channels.

Good luck!

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 01, 2010 19:59     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What? Sold out? Just because my husband is ready and willing to go to Holland again, it freakin' sells out. Never even had a chance
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 02, 2010 11:35     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought of this and even pre-registered with NL Ticketmaster, but knew I'd never have a chance as I recalled last year's sold out on the day of sale too. Oh well. I'm SOL again. Maybe it's time for me to invest in a computer for the house...haha.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Thrashing Rager
VoivodFan
Member # 1288

posted February 26, 2011 17:09     Profile for Thrashing Rager   Email Thrashing Rager     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can't wait for Roadburn. It will be my 4th year in a row and I'm so happy Voivod will be doing 2 shows.

I just registered a 2nd time here because I can't remember my password and the email address they'd send the lost one too has been gone for years. Anybody know the contact email for the administrators. When I click on the contact button i just get an outlook express thing opening on my computer, which I don't use.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 15, 2011 09:26     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just booked my flight. One month to go...
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 15, 2011 17:06     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wish I was going to this, you lucky bastids!!

--------------------

String em up

Thrashing Rager
VoivodFan
Member # 1288

posted March 16, 2011 08:23     Profile for Thrashing Rager   Email Thrashing Rager     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They are getting and hour and 15 min. in the Midi Theater and the other set is 1 hour on the main stage. Can't wait. 30 days to go!!!
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 16, 2011 04:23     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Deaf tired and a sore neck..., but here are some pics of the first of two Roadburn shows.

They played a killer set and the complete venue had a real blast. They also played Forlon of Phobos and a brand new song. Damn they kicked ass last night. Met up with Paul, H and Leslie and had a drink. I had a great night and hope it will be as amazing tonight like last night.

I almost forgot to take some pictures, what was a god sign for sure

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 16, 2011 04:33     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And some more...

And some fanboys I don't know......

--------------------

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted April 17, 2011 00:32     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great photos Paul! Thanks for sharing! I am beyond jealous and happy for you guys that got too see this show! Soooo coool!

Shitting myself over the new song and beyond stoked that they are giving the E-Force era another look.

Commence Voivod boner.... now!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan