my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Dudes and Dudettes... (and Lee/ Mez too) (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: Dudes and Dudettes... (and Lee/ Mez too)
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted October 28, 2010 18:54     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your mom and the loss Mr Sawyer had of his uncle. What really hits close to home is the news of your daughters health. My own daughter is 9 years old, and she is the shining jewel of my life. Her and her brother bring me so much joy and during 2008, which was the worst year of my life (for much more insignificant reasons compared to yours), they brought me so much strength. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes thinking about the pain you must be going through and my heart goes out to you, your daughter and your family in this trying time. Us dads know how hard it is to see our children in pain and how tough it is to be that rock of strength that they look up to. Keep strong for her, keep the positivity up, it can only help. I'm not a religious man, but I will pray for her and for you.
 |  IP: Logged
Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 05, 2010 04:53     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, Nuc and everyone else. Thank you all for lending your hearts to strangers as you have.

She has passed 2 of 3 hurdles now. After 2 operations in 3 days, the AVM has been almost completely embolized, and thus, destroyed. This has been a brutal week for this brave young lady, and she has proven to be the true warrior we all knew she was.

Today (Friday Nov. 5th) is the big day where Dr. Nagib will remove Kenzie's Right Occipital Lobe, and the AVM along with it. She has compared this AVM to some of the bosses in her favorite Legend of Zelda videogames, and this MOFO is getting the deluxe Kenzie beatdown.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted November 05, 2010 08:32     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Again, all my good vibes in this big day

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted November 05, 2010 09:43     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
much strength and positive vibes will be sent out today. its great to hear that things are going good so far with everthing!
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 05, 2010 17:21     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm glad to hear that the start was good! We'll continue to keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 05, 2010 17:38     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
More enhanced positive vibes send your way.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted November 06, 2010 04:28     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe a bit late, but a bunch of good vibes from here too. I hope everything goes well for Kenzie!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 06, 2010 19:50     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
it was nice reading the good news about how things are going. what an incredible little girl you have. stay strong.

--------------------

yawn

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 07, 2010 09:56     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
11-7-2010 - 1:00 AM

AVM: defeated. Kenzie made it through the surgery yesterday, which our normally cool-headed Superhero Surgeon Dr. Nagib described as "very tough". The man looked utterly drained when he came out to the waiting room afterward. Kenzie required a full blood transfusion because of the bleeding. Not having slept for 2 days, I was an absolute train wreck yesterday... seeing her after the surgery was the most difficult thing I've ever experienced. As a father, my gnawing instinct is to DO SOMETHING to help her, and the feeling of powerlessness was unbearable.

I went home last night and slept for a very long stretch, and now I'm back here at the PICU, where she is doing very well. Her mother has not left her side. There is a quite a bit of discomfort at times for Kenzie, but she is getting plenty of rest and the facial swelling is almost completely gone already. (they had warned us that it would turn Rocky Balboa for 2 days, but it never did) Now the recovery is under way; not without serious risks, but those mostly decrease with the passage of time. Her eyesight, while still somewhat uncertain in terms of wholeness, is still here, and her personality appears to be all there. (so watch out, evildoers!)

The prayers, well-wishes, good vibes, support and goodwill have been getting through, and I feel that somehow my dear Mother is here with us and watching over our sweetheart.

Thank you so much everyone, your support has meant the world to Kenzie and all of us.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 07, 2010 10:03     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GREAT NEWS!!!!!
I am so happy for all of you.

--------------------

yawn

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted November 07, 2010 10:19     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yess! I'm so very very happy to hear this, thank God it all went as planned! Do you know when she can leave the hospital?

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 07, 2010 10:34     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes!!!! Great news! Glad everything went OK!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted November 08, 2010 22:44     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, everyone. Unless there is something of critical importance to post, I will let this thread drop out of sight. I felt extremely awkward injecting my personal tribulations into the main forum like I did, but I felt as though it was my job as a dad to go out and gather prayers & support for my daughter by any means available.

Thanks again to all of you -- whether you posted here or not -- for putting up with me, and supporting her.

--------------------

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted November 10, 2010 01:13     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
great news Tango... stay positive.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan