my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Moon

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moon
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 06, 2010 21:54     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twuScTcDP_Q
 |  IP: Logged
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted October 07, 2010 09:43     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
great flick... watched it when it came out.

hey I don't think we have a (movie you watched lately thread)

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 07, 2010 14:36     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cannot believe it. I watched this movie yesterday(well at least half of it because my little boy had to go up and needed help showering and all) it was on the television.

I thought it was great, I realy like sci-fi horror movies like: Aliens, ALiens, ALien3 Alien Resurrection, The Thing, The Muppet show.

Anyone else who know some good Sci-Fi horror titels??

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 07, 2010 16:23     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hmmm...these are not exactly horror, but very much sci-fi. Low budget but fairly entertaining if you have the right mindset:

Outlander
District 9
Pandorum

This one is definitely one of the most horrifying experiences available on the market:

Star Wars Prequel Trilogy :P

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted October 07, 2010 17:22     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I definitely recommend "Fire in the Sky" for those who haven't watched it yet: Abductions, slimy stuff, bad to the bone aliens, etc, etc. COOL!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 07, 2010 17:46     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pandorum looks bad ass. Just added it to the que. Personally I thought District 9 was kind of lame.

Hatross is right, we need a movie thread. I don't have anybody to talk with about films. The only reason I mentioned 'Moon' was because the theme of the movie was very VoiVodish in nature.

On a non-SciFi note...I'd highly recommend the movie 'Harry Brown'. Michael Caine is amazing in this thing. Check it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVOSfHFNlcI

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 07, 2010 19:51     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pandorum is great, not perfect, but they shot for the moon with the concept and I think they accomlished most of that. Far above average in concept and execution.

I'm a massive sci-fi fan, so watch anything that comes out, despite most of it being crap, haha.

Moon is a good one too. Enjoyed that one a bit. Has kind of a Solaris vide to it... the original 1972 Andrei Tarkovski version, to be sure, not the Clooney remake.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Bilibaldus
VoivodFan
Member # 798

posted October 09, 2010 08:50     Profile for Bilibaldus   Email Bilibaldus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I still wait Iron Sky... How long this will take??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KEueJnsu80
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted October 09, 2010 18:30     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bilibaldus:
I still wait Iron Sky... How long this will take??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KEueJnsu80

Haha, this looks awesome!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted October 10, 2010 08:09     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This one comes in November, the 2nd trailer its interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFmrVpJFQSQ

btw: It remembers me of a videogame called Crysis, wich i've never played

w*w.letmewatchthis.c*m all those mentioned above and lots more
enjoy

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 10, 2010 08:50     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another non-scifi pick:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izudtkH3rkU

Badass. Get this one.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 10, 2010 14:03     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nunoPT:
btw: It remembers me of a videogame called Crysis, wich i've never played

That looks like Independence Day on steroids. I guess I'll rent that and watch it with the wife who LOVES brainless scifi action

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 10, 2010 15:54     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just watched Moon. Pretty cool man. Cheers for the tip. Need to catch up on the rest of these suggestions. Keep 'em coming...
Bilibaldus
VoivodFan
Member # 798

posted October 12, 2010 00:18     Profile for Bilibaldus   Email Bilibaldus     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
That looks like Independence Day on steroids. I guess I'll rent that and watch it with the wife who LOVES brainless scifi action

Sounds like your wife has hangover...

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 12, 2010 16:11     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha! I know, nothing heals a hangover better than lying zombified on the sofa and watching stuff being blown up to pieces. The wife is incurable though, she seems to have an eternal hangover judging by the fact that she has no objections to watching re-re-re-reruns of classics like Godzilla, Independence Day or War of the Worlds (the yucky Cruise version)

I, of course, only concentrate on French and Soviet elite cinematomacomagraphy.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 12, 2010 22:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MOON looks cool, I'll have to hunt it down.
Pandorum actually bored me and it just seemed to so mundane; although maybe it was just me being in an antsy mood and not wanting to sit through this kind of a movie. I didn't even make it to the end before turning it off.

I love the Alien flicks especially #1... fuckin' legendary!!!
Even the first Alien vs Predator was wasn't bad, especially since my expectations were so low.
Other great movies I consider SiFi flicks:
Matrix trilogy (one of my favs)
The Abyss
Butterfly Effect 1 (2 was pretty stupid)
VideoDrome (total mindfuck of a movie)

--------------------

yawn

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted October 15, 2010 15:19     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice.

- SERENITY (great underrated flick - almost Matrix quality)

- EVENT HORIZON (sci-fi occultism I guess)

- EQUILIBRIUM (can you say 1984 - fascist future etc.)

- THE ISLAND (with Scarlett Johansson - a movie about harvested beings or clones. Underrated in my eyes)

--------------------

What the...?

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 30, 2010 18:41     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I thought this was quite good:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL8LI-h2WFc

It tended to drag towards the end but its a European picture so that just comes with the territory. Overall excellent film and well worth watching when you get a chance.

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted October 31, 2010 04:10     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ha! I saw the topic header and feared the return of VVF's greatest she-troll. My God she was entertainment.

Really liked Moon (the film) too.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted December 22, 2010 01:02     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So in turn, you fear entertainment? What kind of weirdo disease do you have!?

--------------------

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted December 22, 2010 20:40     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yes, Moon is a great film. In general, Sam Rockwell really should get more recognition than he does.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 19, 2011 21:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just finished watching MOON. I purchased the bluray on the recommendations from this thread.

Interesting movie indeed. I made the mistake of watching after working all day and was tired, so it took me a couple days to get through it because i just couldn't stay awake (pathetic, I know). I enjoyed the concept, and I'll have to watch it again at a later date when I can keep my eyes open for the entire hour and a half!!!

Another cool sci fi type flick I really enjoyed was INCEPTION. We saw it at the theater and I bought the bluray because there was so much happening I knew I probably missed a bit. Besides, my surround sound is WAY BETTER than the theater we saw it at, and the mix was killer.
Highly recommend this one... even if you don't like DeCaprio.

--------------------

yawn

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted February 20, 2011 17:19     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Inception was ok, great effects in particular. I didn't like the ending though. A happy one would have been exceptional, the one they chose I saw coming miles away

I saw "Silent Running" (1972) for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It was so silly I could not stop watching it...haha!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan