my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod Vinyl Availabe Nov.2! Pre-Order Now!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod Vinyl Availabe Nov.2! Pre-Order Now!
VoivodTN1
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 1225

posted September 29, 2010 14:57     Profile for VoivodTN1   Email VoivodTN1     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi everyone!

Voivod is releasing a special, limited edition 180 gram double vinyl on November 2!

The "Negatron & Phobos" vinyl will feature selections from both of those albums. Also, a free digital download card featuring all the tracks from the original CD's will be inside each package.

Follow this link to stream and/or pre-order:Negatron & Phobos

Act quickly though, because there will only be 500 pressings. Cheers!

--------------------

VoivodTN1

|  IP: Logged
X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted September 29, 2010 23:27     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Track listing appears to be:
Insect
Project X
Nanoman
Negatron
Planet Hell
Meteor
Cosmic Conspiracy
Rise
Mercury
Phobos
Bacteria
The Tower
Forlorn

I agree with Hex... Why do this at all if you aren't reissuing the full albums? Why not a double vinyl of Negatron w/Vortex, Drift, and Erosion as bonus tracks. Or Phobos with Ion as a bonus (double vinyl, of course)... I'd dish out some cash for those, but I can't see myself wanting to lay down any money on a weird partial release.

Good luck with that.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted September 30, 2010 01:49     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That sounds like a weird release to me.

I have to agree to the Hex and X-D's comments, because only the complete albums (+ some bonus stuff) make sense to me..

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted October 01, 2010 12:27     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is this an official release? Anyone know if the band are supporting this? I may have to pick up a copy just to keep my uber-geek status alive...
Ron McGregor
VoivodFan
Member # 1080

posted October 02, 2010 14:29     Profile for Ron McGregor   Email Ron McGregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At least, True North Records is well known.
dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted November 04, 2010 14:14     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
did anyone else get this? mine showed up today at the record shop i work at - just curious because i dont see the download card in there like the sticker states. its obviously not a big deal since i own both releases, but im wondering if this is a flaw on their part or mines just missing.

* i take this back. after me and 2 other people looked through everything multiple times, i FINALLY found the card wedged in the side of the gatefold. i dont even know how they possibly got the thing in there or how we all missed it. its not like we were even drinking....yet..

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 04, 2010 17:19     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Is this an official release? Anyone know if the band are supporting this?

I was wondering this exact thing. Does the band own the rights to their back catalog or is it like the Judas Priest thing with the first 2 records that were released on the Gull label where they have no control over what gets done with those songs.

I agree that it makes no sense to release these albums in an incomplete format.

--------------------

yawn

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted November 05, 2010 16:23     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I was wondering this exact thing. Does the band own the rights to their back catalog or is it like the Judas Priest thing with the first 2 records that were released on the Gull label where they have no control over what gets done with those songs.

I agree that it makes no sense to release these albums in an incomplete format.

From the other board ->

quote:
Selections from Negatron and Phobos released on double-vinyl:
http://www.truenorthrecords.com/Albums.php?album_id=702

100% legit! I helped with the selections, quite a difficult task...

Also, Snake, Blacky, Dan & I are still working on new material, which we are really psyched about.

We are trying to book a Euro-tour for April 2011 and would love to have a new album by then, but it will be difficult to achieve. We really want the next album to be perfect as we know expectations are high.

We do have a very good recording of the X-mas show we played in Montreal last year though...maybe a live album first?

We're also trying to find a way to restart the Iron Gang. With today's technology, it should be much easier to reach everybody.

I'll keep you posted.

Away

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 06, 2010 19:52     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well it's good to know that the band is getting their cut from this release, and even better to read all the killer stuff Away clued us in on.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan