my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod live in Pinarella di Cervia - 7th August 2010

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Voivod live in Pinarella di Cervia - 7th August 2010
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted August 09, 2010 16:31     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Saturday night I finally had the chance to see Voivod almost with all the members of their original formation, I have never seen Snake and Blacky live...
After a 3,5 hours ride with my car, we came to Pinarella di Cervia and at about 23 they walked in front of us like every normal metal guys(out of the local Rock Planet) and entered in the place.

I think we were about 300-400 people, the local was quite full and the sound was good just in front of the mixer (where I stayed for the most of the gig).

They began at full speed with Voivod, if I remember correctly the order of the songs was:
Voivod - The Unknown Knows - The Prow - Ripping Headaches - Nuclear War - Nothing Face - Global warning - Experiment - Tribal convictions - Brain Scan - Ravenous Medicine - Overreaction and the classic Astronomy Domine dedicated to Piggy!

They were all in brilliant shape, full of energy for all the show , and let me tell you this was an amazing performance, if any of you has the chance to catch them in this tour don't absolutely miss this great opportunity to see that fantastic show.

Finished the gig, they come out to stay with the fans, they signed my tickets (and the shirt of my girlfriend) and Blacky started to chat with me, when I said that I was the guy who did most of the artworks included in the remastered version of War and Pain he bring me in the private area to chat with Away and Snake (a dream come true!!!).
They were very humlbe and very kind with me, so I had the proof that beside they were great musicians they are also a very beautyfull people.

Thank you Voivod, you made happen the best concert of my life!

|  IP: Logged
Helldriver
VoivodFan
Member # 46

posted August 09, 2010 16:44     Profile for Helldriver   Email Helldriver     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh, I forgot to include some pictures, well crappy ones taken with my phone... but better than nothing.
And Blacky confirmed that they are working on new material with Dan!

My Girlfriend, Blacky and me.

With Dan

With Away

Me, Away and My girlfriend's son

With Snake in the private area (a little room... ah ah)

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted August 09, 2010 16:52     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great story. So glad you were able to have that opportunity. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted August 10, 2010 08:23     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great! Waiting anxiously September 12th!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted August 10, 2010 11:04     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, that is cool. Glad you had that experience with VOIVOD. Isn't this just a great time for us fans and for Voivod? Just too damn cool...can't express that enough!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 10, 2010 11:56     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Helldriver:
They were all in brilliant shape, full of energy for all the show , and let me tell you this was an amazing performance, if any of you has the chance to catch them in this tour don't absolutely miss this great opportunity to see that fantastic show.

Correct, sir!

Thanks for the report, sounds like you had a fantastic experience!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted August 10, 2010 13:45     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great! Thanx for sharing.

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted August 10, 2010 14:42     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah Cool, won't be long before I put My piccies on line here !!

thanks, looks like a killer time!!

I will be going with my wife also. (She is driving and I will enjoy my very first holiday evening !!!)

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted August 10, 2010 20:41     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
excellent story and photos! im really happy for you that you got to hang with the guys - thats fantastic!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan