my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » HARRIS JOHNS!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HARRIS JOHNS!!!
roman1972
VoivodFan
Member # 1187

posted August 07, 2010 16:42     Profile for roman1972   Email roman1972     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hi everybody, my name is roman, I'm from sankt pauli/hamburg/germany. I'm kind of a newbie to this forum, but hey, I've been into VOIVOD ever since 1985! I got my own band LIQUID GOD going and I'm crazy about music in general.

but enough of me,
HERE'S THE REAL STORY:
I just got home from WACKEN (the boys were totally awesome, one of the best VOD shows I've attended in ages! AND THEY PLAYED "EXPERIMENT"!!!) and guess who I ran into: HARRIS JOHNS (to those who don't know: he's the producer/engineer of DIMENSION HÄTROSS and KILLING TECHNOLOGY).
the thing is, he got the soundboard-tape of the WACKEN show and wants to know, if somebody from the forum has filmed the show, so that he could 'frankenstein' sound with footage! wouldn't that be awesome???
well, first he will ask the band for permission, of course!!!

I met h, HEAD VILLIAN and some others from the forum...did anybody film something???

VOIVOD 4 LIFE.......

|  IP: Logged
roman1972
VoivodFan
Member # 1187

posted August 07, 2010 17:29     Profile for roman1972   Email roman1972     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
let me get one thing straight:
nothing will happen if the band says "no"!!!
as far as I understood Harris, he absolutely wants to treat this with respect to the band, of course!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 07, 2010 17:48     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Roman, that sounds badass... im pretty sure Blacky will read this and get back to you.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 07, 2010 19:23     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, Harris Johns!! That's pretty wild. Would love to hear this recording/vid. Eagerly awaiting the Wacken report........
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted August 08, 2010 01:56     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
How could he not have access to the guys in the band to talk about this? If he had a SB recording, why didn't the FOH folks relay that to the band? That makes no sense given he had time to grab a recording of their set but not able to chat w/ them?

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted August 08, 2010 01:58     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lee, never did see your report of the Scion fest thing if you posted it.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 09, 2010 19:08     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gloomp:
Lee, never did see your report of the Scion fest thing if you posted it.

yeah, spill it!

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan