my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD Begins Writing New Material (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Author Topic: VOIVOD Begins Writing New Material
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 12, 2010 07:11     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Today on BBM:

Ken Kelly of The MusicNerd Chronicles recently conducted an interview with drummer Michel "Away" Langevin of Canadian metal innovators VOIVOD. A few excerpts from the chat follow below.

On remastering classic VOIVOD albums "Rrroooaaarrr", "Killing Technology" and "Dimension Hatross" for re-release, expanded to include a DVD which will feature material from the "Iron Gang Archives":

"I am actually in the process of finishing up the booklets and artwork for those albums. We had actually started the wheels turning on this back in 2006 but ran into some difficulty. . . It has only been in the last month that we were able to start the project again.

"I've been going through a lot of VHS tapes and cassette demos and converting that stuff to digital so that we can include it in this batch of remasters. It is a lot of work but very worth it."

On whether fans should anticipate new material from VOIVOD anytime soon:

"I don't think we've actually said this in public before, but we are writing new material as of last month. We want to give it a try and to see what we can do with this lineup and take it from there. We actually went into the studio, improvised what we were playing and recorded everything. We're picking bits and pieces that we like and will try to build a record from it. While it's going very well, I think it is too early to say whether it will turn into a full album for release."

On the possibility of a VOIVOD live record:

"Since reforming in 2008, we have recorded a lot of live material at European festivals we have played as well as the Christmas show we did in Montreal last year."

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 12, 2010 07:24     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here's a link to the original article:
http://musicnerd.ca/?p=1282

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 12, 2010 07:29     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That all sounds VERY PROMISING!!!

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 12, 2010 09:09     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hell yeah ! bring it !
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted July 12, 2010 10:00     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
GREAT NEWZ! I guess the new material includes Blacky on da blower bass, right???
Can't wait to get the re-releases too

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted July 12, 2010 11:07     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome!
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted July 12, 2010 14:03     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great news!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Mächina
VoivodFan
Member # 1095

posted July 12, 2010 15:17     Profile for Mächina   Email Mächina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
excelent news! I hope they regain that old school sound with some of the latest stuff

--------------------

Turn on the machine!!!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 12, 2010 16:53     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeaaaahh!!!!! Nice one lads.

--------------------

String em up

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted July 12, 2010 17:46     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That, sir, totally made my day

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted July 12, 2010 18:26     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that definately put a smile on my face!
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted July 12, 2010 18:51     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted July 12, 2010 19:37     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YEAH !!!!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 12, 2010 21:15     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted July 13, 2010 02:05     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggööörrr:
That, sir, totally made my day

Fuckin' a! You know damn right!

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 13, 2010 05:44     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I peeked in on Voivod.net just for fun and I xsee that Away himself posts this news there. Why does he not post here??

--------------------

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted July 13, 2010 09:35     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
I peeked in on Voivod.net just for fun and I xsee that Away himself posts this news there. Why does he not post here??

i've been trying to register there for some time now and it blocks all accounts that are free email services because of spammers. the email i try to send to yuri also never works which sucks! i was curious how many of the same people also post on that board.

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 13, 2010 09:51     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dotrot_thrash:
i've been trying to register there for some time now and it blocks all accounts that are free email services because of spammers. the email i try to send to yuri also never works which sucks! i was curious how many of the same people also post on that board.

I used to post there ages ago but somehow this community became favorite. On here the subjects vary much more.

I think...

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted July 13, 2010 10:04     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Same here... I used to post on Yuri's site.. I guess it was back in the Phobos era ... then I just moved over here. The .net forum seems kinda dead nowadays, as far as I've seen.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 13, 2010 16:27     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And that's because all of the cool vvfers are here.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted July 13, 2010 17:25     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gerfat:
Can't wait to get the re-releases too

YEAH, I've always thought that, as much as I worship it the way it is, "Killing Technology" could use a bit more low end, and that could be fixed with the remastering ... I mean, the mix sounds cool and raw, but I feel it lacks a little fatness in general ... that way the mighty blower bass would sound thunderous (it already has an awesome crunch, but it needs some more of da big booty).

RRROOOAAARRR maybe could get a bit clearer, and Dimension Hatross ... well... I wouldn't touch a damn thing of that album.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 13, 2010 19:14     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dotrot_thrash:

All us low number VVF know the real reason this forum is way better and why all the best fans are here. Skullhead created this place for a very good reason and we all appreciate his hard work, and also to the other VVF who lend a big hand in keeping this running.

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 13, 2010 19:27     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah I'll second that! Cool as fuck people on here.

--------------------

String em up

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted July 13, 2010 19:40     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
its really cool to see the love and enthusiasm you guys all share for this place.

i often feel lame for being the newbie here, but dammit - get used to it, cuz im not going anywhere.

Mächina
VoivodFan
Member # 1095

posted July 13, 2010 21:19     Profile for Mächina   Email Mächina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hehe yeah well, there's always someone who's more a newbie than you, and I felt great when I found this place, And almost inmediatly found really cool people... Dot_Rot, you for example

--------------------

Turn on the machine!!!

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan