my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOÏVOD to tour South America in September!!! (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: VOÏVOD to tour South America in September!!!
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted September 07, 2010 09:08     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dates are being re-scheduled, but rumours say it will be around Nov - Dec
Holy Fucking Crap!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

|  IP: Logged
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted September 07, 2010 12:06     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
More info [/URL]NEWZ, it's in spanish, so I can sum it up like this:
1.- Jacobo Zamudio & Jairo Izquierdo from Colombia cheated the tour agency by sending them fake vouchers.
2.- The tourdates got complicated, because it's planned as a whole, if one country it's in trouble, all the other countries get affected!
3.- New dates are being worked out, tentatively December 2010!

CHARGOLA PROD Y 20&20 PROD

So we'll just have to wait & see... sad news, hope they can finally make it... I've waited for more than 20 years, a couple of months will do no harm!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Mr Eddy
VoivodFan
Member # 302

posted September 09, 2010 18:33     Profile for Mr Eddy   Email Mr Eddy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What a drag!

I haven't posted anything around here in, errr, years... But now that the South American tour is officially cancelled I had to drop by and cry a river. Really.

I even had an interview scheduled with the band! Can you imagine?

There were just 48 hours to go and I got this goddamn call saying there would be no Voivod on Saturday.

What about you, Slaytanic? Did you survive the bad news?

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted September 09, 2010 21:09     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Eddy:
What about you, Slaytanic? Did you survive the bad news?

Hey Eddy, long time eh? Como estão as coisas?

Well, there's still the hope that the guys will come in December, so let's see. But it was indeed a bummer to learn just a week away from the show that the guys would no longer come.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted September 12, 2010 13:27     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That sucks big time boys and girls. I was stopping by to see the reviews and saw the horrible news.

Good luck for December

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted September 13, 2010 09:25     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks Hypergrrl!
We are all crossing our fingers over here. Rumours say that the gig will be rescheduled for december, and that Anihilator would be playing that gig as well ... maybe at the end it will be for the better.
*fingers crossed*

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted November 09, 2010 08:17     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
March 25th 2011!!! http://www.collapse.cl/eventos/conciertos/25-de-marzo-chargola-fuckingfest-internacional
http://www.rockaxis.cl/article_info_metal.php?articles_id=12986

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted November 09, 2010 11:23     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, I knew about this gig, but unless they are here, onstage, playing , I won't keep my hopes that high.

--------------------

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted March 15, 2011 08:31     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
JUST 10 DAYS AHEAD!!! COME ON FUCKERSSSSSS!!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted March 15, 2011 11:43     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm already there! ... and booked my flight a couple weeks ago to follow them through the desert to see them play in Antofagasta the day after as well. Yeah, I'm a groupie

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 15, 2011 15:53     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggööörrr:
I'm already there! ... and booked my flight a couple weeks ago to follow them through the desert to see them play in Antofagasta the day after as well. Yeah, I'm a groupie

So what?! Have fun and enjoy \m/

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 15, 2011 17:08     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent, Forbidden as well, have a great time!! \m/

--------------------

String em up

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted March 16, 2011 07:58     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Forbidden is like the cherry on top ... a dream gig ... though I'm not sure on how Russ Anderson is hitting those high notes nowadays and I still haven't listened to "The Omega Wave" ... maybe I should

--------------------

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted March 16, 2011 11:26     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great Igor! It's good to have all those bands playing, though I hope it doesn't affect the time VOIVOD will spend on stage!!! I want a full-long-great set list, nos just a half an hour set
¿Can we ask for some tracks to be played?

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted March 16, 2011 14:46     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's why I'm going to Antofagasta also ... less bands on the bill, smaller venue. Perfect!

--------------------

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted March 25, 2011 15:54     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD SOUNDCHECK FOR THE SHOW TONITE!!!!
Dan will have to play with Igor's pedal, everything sounded great to me, so there would be no problem!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted March 25, 2011 20:09     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aahaha! A pooptrucker to the rescue.
A pic with dan and that beautiful pedal, or it didn't happen. Like Harry said or something.

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted March 26, 2011 07:17     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm so happy....
VOIVOD IN CHILE

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted March 26, 2011 09:15     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome! Only 3 weeks til Roadburn. Can't wait!
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 26, 2011 10:10     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great!! Can't wait till Roadburn either Thanks for posting !

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted March 28, 2011 00:03     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Now I have some time to write a little more about the concert! Well, at noon I met with Away at the Hotel, 'cause he carried for me a copy of his book (what a privilege for me!!!) and I bought for him a couple of Chilean Art Books, I also had the chance to meet the other guys and accompany them to the soundcheck, ALMOST UNREAL FOR ME! They played The Prow & The Unknown Knows (video below!). The concert was INCREDIBLE, sadly very short, I don't know if this has to do with Chewy's pedal or not, but anyway they played the essentials! Ripping Headaches was a highlight for me! They guys seemed very pleased with the reaction of the crowd, 'cause chilean thrashers ARE WILD!!! HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN SOON!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAV4RUAg7aM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BcJz9HDMSs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl2JJ4Gt4Tk

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted March 28, 2011 00:05     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
More pics, hope you don't mind...

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted March 28, 2011 00:08     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last pics...

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted March 28, 2011 10:13     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What can I say? .... a couple coincidences and I ended up having the honour of working as Voivod's Roadie for their 2 chilean Gigs.

Dan used both my FX Pedalboard and Tube preamp, because his gear didn't arrive on time.

I also had to take them for an interview to a radio station ... funny considering I was not directly involved with the promoters... just had the willingness to help out my heroes while they were here on these distant lands.

Here are some pics taken by me (and that means: my pics suck )

Voivod at Radio Futuro:

Dan trying to make some money at Santiago's Main Square:

With Blacky, surely having some deep and important conversation:

Dan w/Hueso (my band's bassist who also roadied for VV in Santiago)... and some beverages at Oxido Bar

With the Vod's and some old school fan (Luchín) who brought his stuff to get it signed by the Boys:

Snake and KAZ, Voivod's sound-wizard /tour manager/ cool as hell guy (they sounded phenomenal both times)

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted March 28, 2011 10:16     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and YES HARRY AND UFFE, IT HAPPENED :-) (Dan Playing in Santiago through the AIGORMAN -my custom pedalboard-) :

Doing soundcheck in Antofagasta according to KT's backcover pic caption (that is, Blacky is Away and Away is Blacky):

That's it guys and gals ... a weekend I'll never forget.

MERCI BEAUCOUP VOIVOD!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan