my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOÏVOD to tour South America in September!!! (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Author Topic: VOÏVOD to tour South America in September!!!
Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 23, 2010 21:21     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A concert is being announced for September 11th in São Paulo, Brasil. Checking the voivod dot com site, there is mentioning of "soon to be anounced" South American dates.

At fukkin' last!!! AAAAAAAAAAAIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

|  IP: Logged
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted June 23, 2010 23:40     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've been informed that it's 90% certain that VOIVOD will play in CHILE, I'm so fucking HAPPY!!!
VOIVOD IN CHILE

Ah, by the way, I haven't posted in a looooong time, some of you may remember me, I traded with some of you my Iron Gang tapes(hi X-D!!!), but I'm back, and I hope I can make a big / great report about VOIVOD IN CHILE!!! Did I mention that I am happy???

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted June 23, 2010 23:49     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Last year, this made me happy:
VENOM

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 24, 2010 01:36     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, why not a month later, when I'm in Sao Paulo for starting traveling over there....

I guess Igor will go mad too

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted June 24, 2010 06:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Gerfat... are you happy?

--------------------

yawn

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted June 24, 2010 09:29     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha, we are actually friends with Gerfat... I used to see him at high school as "that older Voivod fan".

BTW, I'm seriously considering that Voivod in Chile and Southamerica has something to do with my serious loser-ism ... I mean, after all these years I finally decide to cross the pond to see them because I didn't think they would ever tour southamerica, and BAM!, southamerican dates pop up

However, I'm not complaining at all

... so ... you should thank ME, Slaytanic and Gerfat ...hahaha

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted June 24, 2010 09:52     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggööörrr:
Haha, we are actually friends with Gerfat... I used to see him at high school as "that older Voivod fan".

Yeah, and you also know my brother, Eloy! Greetings to you, Claudio and the great band Poema Arcanus! You made me feel like SHIT with the comment "that older Voivod fan", but I'll forgive you, just because you made this happen, hahaha!!!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 24, 2010 11:06     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggööörrr:

BTW, I'm seriously considering that Voivod in Chile and Southamerica has something to do with my serious loser-ism ... I mean, after all these years I finally decide to cross the pond to see them because I didn't think they would ever tour southamerica, and BAM!, southamerican dates pop up

However, I'm not complaining at all

... so ... you should thank ME, Slaytanic and Gerfat ...hahaha

Haha, Igor...that's hilarious! By the way, it's looking as if I can't make the trip myself...sucks! Beyond sucks!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted June 24, 2010 12:26     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
By the way, it's looking as if I can't make the trip myself...sucks! Beyond sucks!

On My Butthead impersonation:
"This Sucks more than anything that's ever sucked before"

--------------------

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 25, 2010 11:13     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

The poster for the São Paulo gig.

I'm happy, btw.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted June 25, 2010 11:24     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great news Slaytanic, it means that's even more certain that they'll come down here!!!
I was wondering if the band will carry some merchandising, including Away's book and nice t-shirts, that would be great!

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 25, 2010 11:57     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, that's cool as hell Slay! WOOHOO!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Mächina
VoivodFan
Member # 1095

posted June 25, 2010 19:35     Profile for Mächina   Email Mächina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh! I hope that they return to Mexico very soon.... by the way, I never posted a review of their show last year at Mexico City

--------------------

Turn on the machine!!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted June 26, 2010 11:30     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gerfat:
Great news Slaytanic, it means that's even more certain that they'll come down here!!!
I was wondering if the band will carry some merchandising, including Away's book and nice t-shirts, that would be great!

I was wondering the same, let's hope the promoter can work out the necessary visas and they can bring some goodies (t-shirts and the Away book would indeed be awesome!).

--------------------

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted June 27, 2010 20:20     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This thread should be titled, "The extreme lengths Voivod will go to in avoidance of ever playing anywhere near New Orleans ever again".

But I guess that's too wordy.

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted July 01, 2010 01:45     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Gerfat! Good to see you posting again man! And with pictures of yourself and Cronos no less! Cheers!

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted July 02, 2010 15:17     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey X-D, I'm back, and posting like there's no tomorrow, ha ha ha haaaaa!!!
http://www.myspace.com/voivodenchile

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted July 05, 2010 16:57     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
From www.voivod.com

This is the Voivod Web Site

Summer European dates announced, Wacken Festival and more!

September dates in Brazil, Chile, Columbia and Peru South to be announced soon

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted July 23, 2010 09:25     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Look what a little bird brought me:

YEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHH .... VOIVOD IN THE FUCKIN CRAPPY DISTANT ASS OF THE WORLD THAT IS CHILE ... AT LEAST !!!!!!!!!!!

And even more awesomeness considering that the venue has great acoustics (used to be a big TV set in the past), and that I will be a roadie for and one of the opening bands (Nuclear), so my Voivod stalking saga will have a third episode this year.

Damn, if it wasn't for that fucking earthquake, I could say that 2010 has been a great year for this little fat metalhead.

--------------------

Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted July 23, 2010 09:36     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
gggggrrrrrrreeeaaatttt!!!! I hope I can at least shake hands with "da boyz"

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted July 24, 2010 08:37     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
whoa, that poster is killer. sounds like you'll have a pretty decent chance at chillin' with the boys!
Gerfat
VoivodFan
Member # 45

posted July 25, 2010 12:29     Profile for Gerfat   Email Gerfat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dunno if this one is official, but looks cool...

--------------------

I AM THE WAY!!!

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 25, 2010 17:31     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted July 25, 2010 19:18     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool posters! The guys in Dorso might want to reconsider their logo, I thought it said either 'Norse' or, better yet, 'Nurse'...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted July 26, 2010 09:00     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The Poster Issue: as soon as the first poster was published, a friend-ex-bandmate of mine (also a big Voivod fan) who is a graphic designer started complaining about how un-voivodian the poster was (the original poster was done by other designer-tattoo artist who is a metalhead, but not a voivodian one).

So, he did this "other" version and offered to give it at no cost to the gig promoter, published it on facebook and received a big approval from the voivodians down here. The new poster was seen by the promoter and he agreed that this one was far better, so finally this is the one that's gonna be printed and stuck on the streets. COOL!

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan