my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » RIP Ronnie James Dio (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: RIP Ronnie James Dio
shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted May 16, 2010 15:20     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sad. He was a legend.

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

|  IP: Logged
Ron McGregor
VoivodFan
Member # 1080

posted May 16, 2010 15:37     Profile for Ron McGregor   Email Ron McGregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Rest in peace, Ron.
tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted May 16, 2010 15:40     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
great loss to the metal community.
Ron McGregor
VoivodFan
Member # 1080

posted May 16, 2010 15:41     Profile for Ron McGregor   Email Ron McGregor     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some web sites say he's alive...
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted May 16, 2010 15:43     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
One of my earliest favorites. Too bad he couldn't beat this dragon. A loss for all and he will be missed.

R.I.P. R.J. Dio...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted May 16, 2010 15:47     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Message from Wendy Dio
Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.

- Wendy Dio

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 16, 2010 17:01     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This sucks big time.

R.i.p. RJD!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 16, 2010 17:27     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
For me, Dio was one of those people whose existence I took for granted. Meaning, even though I knew the end was coming when I read he had cancer, I still find it hard to grasp the fact he's actually gone now. RIP Ronnie.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted May 16, 2010 20:07     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RIP RJD.

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 16, 2010 20:08     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Even when he tried to play off dropping his microphone when I saw him last year (the year before?) - he was still cool to watch perform. Sad news.
Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 16, 2010 20:47     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shitty news. He is my favorite singer and everyone in metal owes something to his legacy. Rest in peace.
dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted May 16, 2010 21:24     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
very sad news - his legacy will live on forever. RIP ronnie james dio
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 16, 2010 21:37     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
just returned from spending a wonderful day with my Dad for his birthday, only to read that the legend who had the voice that got me into hard rock rock & metal, and was my first concert, Ronnie James Dio has passed away. I am truly gutted by his passing but what he gave the world while he was here is priceless and will live on forever.
Thanks for all the magic Ronnie
Because of you WE ROCK

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 16, 2010 23:14     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
amazing that it was almost 25 years ago i was watching him sword fight giant robot dragons onstage in Shreveport, Louisiana. some things that will stick with you for the rest of your life.

R.I.P.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted May 17, 2010 00:06     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, sad news indeed.

Saw him last in 1994 at a small club in Seattle (I remeber standing in line behine Jerry Cantrell and Sean Kinney, haha), and his performance absolutely floored me! Years of never really being a big Dio fan changed that night and this 24 year old jaded/opinionated thrash dude was instantly, and permanantly, converted into a full fledged fan.

Some of my friends were able to meet him that night as well, and as you might expect, he was incredibly gracious and friendly, actually giving one of my buds some encouraging words about his own band.

A true gentleman and an unequaled performer still at the top of his game, he will be deeply missed.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted May 17, 2010 03:29     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow... very sad news.
What an overly kind and gentle man he was.
R.I.P.

--------------------

What the...?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 17, 2010 04:24     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Another genius escapes. RIP Ronnie.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 17, 2010 05:48     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RIP Ronnie, pretty gutted I never got to see him play

--------------------

String em up

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted May 17, 2010 09:12     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awful news, it's even more sad to think that he had originally scheduled playing gigs in 2010 ... I mean, he was willing to go back onstage no matter what, and at least for me that speaks of great integrity and love for his art.

The rock/metal scene is certainly full of douchebags, and we lose this true gentleman. Doesn't make any sense to me.

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted May 17, 2010 12:11     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was lucky enough to see him at Hellfest last year and his vocals were on top form. Awesome.

Played Stargazer the moment I heard (about 6pm yesterday) - still one of the finest heavy rock songs ever written.

RIP - a gap that will never be filled.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Mächina
VoivodFan
Member # 1095

posted May 17, 2010 12:51     Profile for Mächina   Email Mächina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yesterday, I was reaharsing with the band, and then we saw the note on a website. But we decided to keep on playing our songs in his honour.
Horns up to DIO!

--------------------

Turn on the machine!!!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 17, 2010 13:52     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RIP, RJD.

Can't believe it. Saw him several times.
I will crank some Dio Tunes tomorrow at work to do him honour.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 17, 2010 14:25     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A legend has passed; a monumental loss for the realm of true metal.

The king is dead, long live the king -- Thanks, Ronnie

R.I.P. RJD

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 17, 2010 17:31     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, was kinda looking forward to seeing him at Bloodstock, I was too slow eh!

--------------------

String em up

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted May 17, 2010 21:06     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dio passing away is just surreal. He always seemed immortal and *magical* It is a trip to think about how long this guy has been making music. Hopefully a tribute concert will come about.

But now I can't Jack Black's voice out of my head singing "Dee-o, time to go"

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan