my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Maryland Death Fest (Page 5)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Maryland Death Fest
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 27, 2011 12:50     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Coroner rehearsal footage .. \m/ \m/

C'mon c'mon who else is definately going, can't wait for this

--------------------

String em up

|  IP: Logged
consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted March 27, 2011 19:43     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm going for Saturday and Sunday. Gotta see Voivod and Coroner! Blows that Aura Noir isn't on one of those days but can't fork over the dough just for them on Friday which I otherwise don't have much interest in.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 28, 2011 10:01     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd still love to do this. If I can manage it work-wise I'll be there. Jury is still out on that one but we'll see. The thought of seeing not only VV but also Coroner(in the USA) is beyond comprehension. Be nice to meet some more VVF people as well.

Other bands I'm interested in:

Neurosis
COC
Aura Noir
Kylesa
Nails
Nuclear Assault
Hail of Bullets
Ghost

So if I could swing it I'd love to make Friday too.

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted March 28, 2011 19:38     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
2 months to go !! arrrrrgghh so long !

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 28, 2011 21:58     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
These guys will create one hell of a pit:
http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/view/6640/nails-conform--scum-will-rise-video-premiere

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted April 06, 2011 15:45     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Ghost

My new favorite band (well, at least, this week)!

Funny thing in the MDF line-up:

quote:
CORONER
NUCLEAR ASSAULT
DEATH BREATH
LOCK UP
ORANGE GOBLIN
GHOST
REPUGNANT

Same guys playing twice! I guess they'll have to change costumes pretty quick...

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted May 15, 2011 21:41     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Less than 2 weeks to go till the party starts !! So, who here is going to be at this VVF meet up for sure ? I should be arriving in Baltimore urly friday morning....looking forward to meeting a whole lot of you !

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 16, 2011 11:27     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be there with my pink jumper and Hello Kitty flip-flops wearing my glitter lip balm.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 16, 2011 13:34     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
I'll be there with my pink jumper and Hello Kitty flip-flops wearing my glitter lip balm.

Dammit, you nearly destroyed my keyboard...bursting out in laughter while trying to gulp down a mouthful of coffee....

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 16, 2011 13:39     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
Dammit, you nearly destroyed my keyboard...bursting out in laughter while trying to gulp down a mouthful of coffee....

I'll only be there Sat. and Sun. for you all to bask in my Hello Kitty glory.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 17, 2011 23:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was going to go but just changed my... Luna's wearing the same thing I had picked out for the show, so now I'll just sit at home and sulk and mope. I know I won't be able to rock that outfit like she can. have fun

--------------------

yawn

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted May 18, 2011 04:51     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Schroeder, have you considered this?

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 18, 2011 11:00     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, my eyes! My eyes! Now that is hideously hilarious.

schroeder: How far away are you from Baltimore? I can change my outfit to a tight fitting sports bra, bike shorts and knee high socks with birkenstocks.

--------------------

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted May 19, 2011 09:49     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like the (almost former) fat kid from jersey is going.
Mezcalla
VoivodFan
Member # 1295

posted May 19, 2011 10:42     Profile for Mezcalla   Email Mezcalla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ahhh, you finally committed when you read about the sports bra eh???
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 19, 2011 11:41     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was the addition of bike shorts. I'm almost positive.

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 19, 2011 19:00     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dammit, we better bring pink weapons then

--------------------

String em up

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted May 20, 2011 09:47     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Starting to get very excited about going to this thing. Looking forward to seeing some great friends, buy a Nothingface shirt, the Warriors of Ice cd, beer,bike shorts, lots of laughs, and seeing them.....again.

yes, the sports bra was the clincher.

Thrashing Rager
VoivodFan
Member # 1288

posted May 20, 2011 21:40     Profile for Thrashing Rager   Email Thrashing Rager     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'll be there mid day saturday. Should be a fun time. They are definitely clicking on all cylinders. So good in Tilburg. Best band of Roadburn!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 21, 2011 11:49     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sweet, Thrashing Rager. See you there!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 21, 2011 21:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm about 3 hours away from my old home town of Baltimore, but with my work schedule it just can't happen.

--------------------

yawn

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 21, 2011 22:20     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looks like there's gonna be no way I can make it either. Real bummer. I've been binging on Coroner all week and rediscovering what a crushing metal band they were. Sunday is gonna be one hell of a night. I think if I was in the crowd and they played 'Internal Conflicts' from Grin I would end up in the hospital. That pit is gonna be unreal. I expect Baltimore is gonna go apeshit when they hit the stage.

Then there'll be that other band Saturday night who might be worth the time to check out...I don't know.

Mezcalla
VoivodFan
Member # 1295

posted May 23, 2011 15:53     Profile for Mezcalla   Email Mezcalla     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, hope this volcanic ash doesn't screw things up for bands and fans traveling from Europe this week! That would be quite ugly.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/europe/05/23/iceland.volcano/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 27, 2011 12:05     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I'm about 3 hours away from my old home town of Baltimore, but with my work schedule it just can't happen.

Someday I will pay you a surprise visit schroeder. I wish I had more time to spend out there, but I just flew back into Albuquerque from Houston yesterday so was unable to make the 4 days of MDF.

(Off topic) Speaking of Baltimore...I just started reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks some of which is based in rugged east Baltimore. Good book, but very disturbing. Check it out if you have time folks.

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 27, 2011 22:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the book tip. I've got it written and will check it out to see if it peaks my interest.

BTW: The surprise visit would be cool.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan