my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Maryland Death Fest (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Maryland Death Fest
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 08, 2010 17:57     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah it's the same weekend as Bloodstock too... damn!
But at least I have some bragging rights now hahah.

--------------------

String em up

|  IP: Logged
iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted June 08, 2010 19:53     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

...ok, ok, you totally deserve those rights ... it's not like Autopsy went to play at your front door ...

but still .... YOU LUCKY BZTRD!!!!!!!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 08, 2010 20:18     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hole in the Sky festival is the other one they are playing, apparantly...

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 22, 2010 15:18     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
CORONER, Death Breath and Aura Noir next year!! Ah hahahahahahaa!!!!! I will see you there!!!!

--------------------

String em up

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted October 23, 2010 09:15     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I cant believe were gonna see the almighty CORONER !!!!!!!!!!! man...this will be a long fuckin winter, I dont know how im gonna be able to wait until next may..I want to be reborn through hate NOW !!!

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted October 25, 2010 09:23     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this news is totally insane. me and my boyfriend are already daydreaming about making the journey there!
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 25, 2010 11:50     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and Inquisition...

--------------------

String em up

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted October 27, 2010 05:33     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and Hail of Bullets

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 27, 2010 16:34     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehe gonna be awesome

--------------------

String em up

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted October 30, 2010 13:06     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOÏVOD CONFIRMED FOR MDF TOOOOOOOOOOOO ARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHH

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 30, 2010 15:53     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VoiVod AND Coroner!!! Holy hell I may have to make a roadtrip for this mamajama.
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 30, 2010 15:58     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
AND Nuclear Assault AND COC AND Kylesa!!! Wow!! Finally the US has a festival to rival the European jizzfests!
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 31, 2010 08:27     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahahah yeah!!! Nice one!!!

--------------------

String em up

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted November 01, 2010 22:30     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Can not wait for this... also Metal Cruise www.70000tons.com

in January....maybe

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 02, 2010 17:24     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod is playing the best festivals of the year!!!!!! nice

--------------------

String em up

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted November 03, 2010 05:28     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mat - what would you say the total cost of going to this was last year, if you don't mind me asking? Might have to follow in your footsteps!
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 03, 2010 14:37     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it worked out over £900 but that was because I booked it far too late to get a cheap flight, or even a flight straight there, or any choice of hotels. Ended up paying around £600 for the flight (to Washington Dulles, then got a shuttle which I think was over £50), also the hotel was miles away so had to get cabs. It will be cheaper this time!!!

Cheapest return flight we managed to find this time to Baltimore is £366 (www.wefly.co.uk), cheapest hotel near the venue is around £60 a night.

Hotel - http://inventory.cheaphotels.co.uk/hotel/propertydetails/326318/ROOMS_RATES?cid=174416

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 03, 2010 14:38     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
although if you find a cheaper one then let me know, heh

--------------------

String em up

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted November 03, 2010 14:51     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
anyone could fly into NJ or Philly can get a lift from me. Not sure if I will be going to the whole thing though. Hotel prices will be high due to this being on Memorial Day weekend.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 03, 2010 15:40     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah the prices are higher over the weekend, cheaper during the week. We're going there for the Tuesday, leaving Monday, so hopefully get to see some of the sights this time and have a proper holiday.
Wonder if John Connelly will be sober enough to do the gig standing up this time..

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 10, 2010 12:39     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
There is a hostel doing cheap deals just for the festival-goers, it's just round the corner by the looks of it...
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Maryland-Deathfest/113388912032955

It says $28 a night, I'm guessing that will be sharing a room with at least 5 other people though!

--------------------

String em up

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 10, 2010 18:46     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Yeah the prices are higher over the weekend, cheaper during the week. We're going there for the Tuesday, leaving Monday, so hopefully get to see some of the sights this time and have a proper holiday.
Wonder if John Connelly will be sober enough to do the gig standing up this time..

As for sights I'd like to see the new Frank Zappa bust at the local library.......
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/09/20/frank-zappa-bust-unveiled-in-baltimore/

As Frank said..."if you want to get laid go to college. If you want an education go to a library."

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted November 11, 2010 04:54     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got this piece of news from Blabbermouth:

quote:
The festival billing is shaping up as follows:

AURA NOIR (Norway)
CATHEDRAL (UK)
CORONER (Switzerland)
CORROSION OF CONFORMITY
CRIPPLE BASTARDS (Italy)
DEATH BREATH (Sweden)
DOOM (UK)
EXHORDER (USA)
HAIL OF BULLETS (Netherlands)
IMPALED NAZARENE (Finland)
LOCK UP (UK)
NEUROSIS (USA)
NUCLEAR ASSAULT (USA)
VOIVOD (Canada)

Only transcribed the bands of interest. But Voivod and Doom would be already worth the effort.

You lucky bastards...

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 11, 2010 10:13     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You forgot INQUISITION!!!! They are amazing.
Nice one, we will have a look for Frank.
Any other places of interest we should check out?

--------------------

String em up

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted November 12, 2010 15:35     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.missshirleys.com/

mmmmm overpriced breakfast.

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan