my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Maryland Death Fest (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Maryland Death Fest
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 22, 2010 06:10     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
OK flight and tickets booked!!!!! I will seeyas there!!!!!
Getting to Washington IAD around 2pm Saturday. I was too slow booking the earlier flight and they've all gone by the looks of it.
Better look for B&B now...

--------------------

String em up

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 22, 2010 07:45     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, the mighty Villainess coming to our shores??? What am I doing that weekend? Wonder if the wife would let me go.......
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 22, 2010 08:42     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehehe go on Mez, think there's still tickets

--------------------

String em up

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted May 22, 2010 09:16     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hahaha...im happy to know that the rehersal video I sent ya was one of the tipping points ! they look preety tight on there...and chris vocals still sound as if something crawled down his throat and died there !! looking forward to hitting beer cans with ya Matty :-)

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 22, 2010 09:55     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn right they sound really tight on it, can't wait!!!
Drrrrriiinnkkkk!!!!!! Feckkk!!!! Autopsssssy!!!!!

--------------------

String em up

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted May 24, 2010 09:22     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Wow, the mighty Villainess coming to our shores??? What am I doing that weekend? Wonder if the wife would let me go.......

Damn, now this is VVF meet up I would like to be at And yes, you must be there Mez!!!!

Now I must say to HV: Welcome ashore!!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 24, 2010 12:55     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's provided I don't get held up at customs all day!!!! apparantly they hold you up for hours if it's your first visit..

--------------------

String em up

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted May 24, 2010 19:22     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
^^ seriously?!

i hope its not too horrible for you. have fun on your journey!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 24, 2010 19:54     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I doubt the journey will be much fun, hope I don't get a bumsearch. Eh well as long as I don't miss Autopsy I'm happy!
I was hoping to get there in time for Melechesh but it's looking like I'll probably miss them.

--------------------

String em up

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted May 31, 2010 21:19     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope you had a stellar time in the States, HV!!! How did Autopsy shape-up? I hope you got to see Eyehategod also!

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 01, 2010 20:12     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Autopsy were amazing! Tight as fuck and had a great sound. Got right down the front...piccies to follow.
I managed to miss Eyehategod, still don't think I've ever listened to them.

This is the best festival I've ever been to, everyone was friendly, excellent line up and beautiful weather.

--------------------

String em up

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted June 01, 2010 20:43     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
excellent HV.

how was the "metal-market"? did you get any goodies? a friend of mine who went lastyear said i would die if i ever saw how much cool stuff people bring there to sell. i dont know how nutso you are about collecting though...

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted June 01, 2010 20:53     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looking forward to those pics of the always photogenic Villainess.............
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 01, 2010 22:34     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Didn't get anything from the market!! I wanted girly tops but cos I got there late there wasn't that much left.

Ran into the guys from Sinister at the airport...

Some dude from Melechesh

and another

Some weirdos

A cool tattoo I spotted

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 01, 2010 22:41     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Some other weirdo

Me and Nic with Slim from Mausoleum

Me with Eric from Autopsy

and this lot

Pestilence with Fat Pat the Twat

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 01, 2010 22:52     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Martin Van Drunen

Me with Ross from Immolation and his missus

Pentagram.. my poor eyes

Obituary

Gorod

Me with Alex from Sinister, watching Obituary \m/ \m/

--------------------

String em up

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted June 02, 2010 02:10     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great pics!! I like the one with "some other weirdo" haha. Cool meeting you there. Too bad that didn't run into you more but see that you were way busy anyway hobnobbing with the stars and taking cool pics. Didn't even get your welcome to the US of A beer. ha.

Killer fest. Saw these bands play and all were great: Entombed, Autopsy, Asphyx (van Drunen is godly!), Melechesh, Possessed, Sadistic Intent, Pentagram (was bummed that had to leave their set with a few tunes left to get good Entombed standing spot... was nice to see Victor Griffin temporarily on guitar again), Obituary, Gorod, Watain, Tombs, Deceased, Necrophobic (watched with Madam Head Villain), Crucifist (Dan Lilker w/ corpsepaint, too funny), Pestilence, + a few Gorguts songs. Prob saw bits + pieces of others but those are ones remember for now. Missed a few that wanted to catch part of too... Nirvana 2002, Sinister, + Repulsion.

Anyway... look forward to seeing what line-up they come up with for next time. Seems to improve every year.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted June 02, 2010 23:31     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and now when is the next big DOOM fest coming ?

Sorry you had to experience Maryland on you first visit to the states, the joint is rather grisly. you would have loved Virginia btw...

(ya know where you got off the plane at) lol.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 03, 2010 17:11     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahaha yeah Tim you kept disappearing that's what, haha!
I wouldn't have minded seeing Possessed and Coffins, but I got to see most of the bands I wanted to see.
Everyone I met was so cool and friendly, it was just the total opposite to London. I want to move!!!!

--------------------

String em up

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted June 04, 2010 18:14     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Everyone I met was so cool and friendly, it was just the total opposite to London. I want to move!!!!

By all means Mat, come spend some time with us crazy Americans! Someone will put you up....or should I say - put up with you! But not Texas okay?

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted June 05, 2010 14:59     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:

As ive said before at the fest Matty, If you ever want to come visit Montreal...my couch is yours !(its fuckin comfy too!)

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted June 05, 2010 15:29     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Autopsy were amazing! Tight as fuck and had a great sound. Got right down the front...piccies to follow.
I managed to miss Eyehategod, still don't think I've ever listened to them.

This is the best festival I've ever been to, everyone was friendly, excellent line up and beautiful weather.

Fantastic! Now if Autopsy could just make a new album and tour, maybe Abscess opening up haha??

Wow haven't heard Eyehategod before? Well they are an acquired taste, that's for sure. I'll try and find a 'good' youtube clip of them for ya!

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 08, 2010 15:30     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SpeeDDemoN:
As ive said before at the fest Matty, If you ever want to come visit Montreal...my couch is yours !(its fuckin comfy too!)

and likewise!!!!!

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 08, 2010 15:32     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh and....

MORE AUTOPSY!!!!!!

Yeeeeeeehahhh!!!! \m/

--------------------

String em up

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted June 08, 2010 16:50     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's FUCKIN AWESOME!
Autopsy has to be my favorite death metal band ever ... I hope them to play somewhere in Europe by the time I'm wandering over there... PartySan is the same weekend as BrutalAssault, so I'll be missing that for sure. That sucks!

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan