my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Maryland Death Fest (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Author Topic: Maryland Death Fest
SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted April 30, 2010 12:59     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
anyone here going ?

only 1 month to go !! it will be my first time out of Cana-DUH in 5 years !! cant wait....

I hope to see some of you down there !

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

|  IP: Logged
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 01, 2010 05:48     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
would like to but it'll be a bit of a trek for me!!

--------------------

String em up

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted May 01, 2010 07:14     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
would like to but it'll be a bit of a trek for me!!

I know ! theres a stupid pond in the way

I'll enjoy the mighty Autopsy for the both of us then

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 01, 2010 11:04     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh my god Autopsy are playing????
when and where is it?

--------------------

String em up

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted May 01, 2010 11:42     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yup ! Autopsy is the main headliner...but there is also gorguts, DRI, Possessed, Sodom, Asphyx, Pestilence, Obituary, Entombed, Sinister, N2002, Pentagram, Incantation, Necrophobic and many more !

May 28-30 in Baltimore !

BE THERE

--------------------

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted May 02, 2010 02:29     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is fairly local for me so am hitting the 3 days. A killer time. Great line-up again this year too!!
pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 02, 2010 16:15     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by consumer:
This is fairly local for me so am hitting the 3 days. A killer time. Great line-up again this year too!!

Yo, hear Count down from ten is in the works.
When will it appear?? Can't wait. it has been a long time...

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted May 02, 2010 19:18     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Paul... the P:FF is going to mastering early this month. We'll prob press up some promo copies on our own while we figure out label situation (last one closed, out of money, cool guys though). So though have no idea when official release will be out we'll be sending some of those copies to friends,etc too in the next month or two. Will certainly mail one your way! Once we have them I'll post something here so if anyone from VVF wants one can just email me their mail info I'll shoot them one.

Please excuse the swerve on thread subject matter

MDFest will kill!!

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 03, 2010 11:14     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by consumer:
Paul... the P:FF is going to mastering early this month. We'll prob press up some promo copies on our own while we figure out label situation (last one closed, out of money, cool guys though). So though have no idea when official release will be out we'll be sending some of those copies to friends,etc too in the next month or two. Will certainly mail one your way! Once we have them I'll post something here so if anyone from VVF wants one can just email me their mail info I'll shoot them one.

Please excuse the swerve on thread subject matter

MDFest will kill!!

That would be extremely cool :-)
thanks in advance!! first day buyer here !!

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 03, 2010 13:16     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have never been to the States before and don't have a clue!!!! so here are stupid questions.

Are there still tickets for Deathfest??

What is the nearest airport/ B&Bs/ floor to crash on etc (no fucking way will I sleep in a tent again even for Autopsy).

and more importantly will mah boss let me have the time off work...

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 03, 2010 13:19     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fucking bollocks no way can I have 28th off work. This is going to be one absolute cunt of a journey.
What day are Autopsy playing, I take it it's the 30th?

--------------------

String em up

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted May 03, 2010 14:52     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Autopsy are headlining on Saturday (the 29th). MDF has a site where you can see the line-ups for each day and get other info. Check out http://www.marylanddeathfest.com

Am pretty sure there are still tix left. They give you option of buying one for all 3 days or just single days.

Hotels near the fest are also listed on that site and on the message board sometimes there are threads about hostels, cheaper places to crash, etc. There's not really any camping allowed anyway. Unless maybe you were to sleep in a vehicle in parking lot... though I doubt the cops allow that. It's nothing like the huge fests over in Europe. It takes place in a few rooms of a club with the main bands playing on an outside stage in an area adjacent to the building. A few thousand people at most. But it's cool.. not too overcrowded but still big enough for fest vibe.

Oh yeah.. the closest airport is BWI/Baltimore Washington International.

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted May 03, 2010 15:21     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I may make the not so long trek down. Speed demon in the USA? Besides seeing Jeff doing Possesed live again and haging out with the "magic hat" guy again?!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 03, 2010 19:53     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I would have loved to have gone last year. Fortunately a dvd is coming out soon with those performances on it. Believe I'll get that and save the plane ticket. Would've given anything to see Bolt Thrower live.
SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted May 03, 2010 21:39     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsawyerfam:
I may make the not so long trek down. Speed demon in the USA? Besides seeing Jeff doing Possesed live again and haging out with the "magic hat" guy again?!

fuck yea !!! hope to see you there buddy ! I will only bring 1 t-shirt on the trip(ill buy the rest over there) and it will be on of my Voivod shirts of corpse ! so I will be easy to spot.

--------------------

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted May 04, 2010 03:08     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, Bolt Thrower were amazing last year. They ended up playing 2 nights in a row! Unfortunately I don't think they are in the movie/DVD. Didn't sign release to be included thought I heard.

Tsawyerfan.. will shoot you a private mail soon. Hope you can make it!!

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 04, 2010 08:45     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Really?? No way! That was the whole reason to buy the damn thing!!
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 04, 2010 09:43     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bolt Thrower were awesome on Saturday! One guy was stagediving with his umbrella up, it was so funny.

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 21, 2010 21:16     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sorry more stupid questions... the only flight I can find that will get me there in reasonable time is to Washinton IAD, wherever the hell that is, about 50 miles from Baltimore apparantly.
Anyone know what's the best way to get to Maryland from here???? trains etc? can't find the info on the MDF site and my eyes are hurting anyways now, from staring at the stupid fucking screen for the last 5 hours.

--------------------

String em up

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 21, 2010 21:36     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Bolt Thrower were awesome on Saturday! One guy was stagediving with his umbrella up, it was so funny.

i wonder if he knew this guy?

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 21, 2010 21:45     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hahahahah I don't remember seeing him there, no

... anyway, help pleeeease...

--------------------

String em up

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted May 21, 2010 23:17     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
IAD is Dulles Airport here in Virginia. It's approx an hour Southwest of Baltimore City/MDFest. I cut and paste some info from the Dulles website that may have some of the info you are asking about(see below). Go to the actual website and read the same info though (about halfway down the page)... it includes links in it for the possible public transportation methods that can get you up to Baltimore.
http://www.metwashairports.com/dulles/799.htm

BALTIMORE CITY VIA PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION:
You could use the Washington Flyer Coach for transportation from Dulles to the West Falls Church Metrorail station. From there, you could take the Metrorail to Union Station, where you can board a northbound MARC Commuter Rail train or Amtrak Train to Baltimore.

Once you got to train station in Balt I suppose you could taxi it to the actual club/fest site. Probably is not too far.

Head Villian, are you trying to make the whole fest or just the Autopsy day? Will send you a message thru your Facebook in case can help with any other info.

PS- Sodom has cancelled for Saturday night. Some crap about VISA issues.

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted May 22, 2010 00:00     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh man - the only reason i was considering going to MDF was for sodom. although i pretty much assumed i couldnt because of money issues - this pretty much confirms that i wont. thanks for the bummer info to help me decide.
consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted May 22, 2010 00:25     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I know... it fucking sucks they cancelled. Have never got to see them. Word is that Autopsy and Asphyx will be doing longer sets now though. \m/
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 22, 2010 05:05     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, more Autopsy!!!!!!
That's what gave me the final kick up the arse, well, that and SpeedDemon taunting me with their rehearsal videos. I was trying to convince myself it wouldn't be worth going to see them as they'd probably sound really ropey having not played for so long... damn!!

Still can't have friday off work so I'm just aiming for saturday and sunday.

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan