my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » TENANT

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TENANT
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 28, 2010 07:37     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny how you can listen to a piece of music several times and then suddenly something clicks like a lightbulb and you go....wow, this is brilliant. I had this experience recently with Ludicra's latest. First time hearing it....I said, this is pretty average...Enslaved copycats. But something in this thing kept drawing me back. By the third time I listened to it it had sucked me in completely. To start, the artwork is quite unique and is what first caught my eye in the store. Then I was further intrigued by reading this article:
http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2010/04/ludicra-the-tenant/

Beautifully written article that goes into depth on the messages behind their art. And art this album truly is from beginning to end. How many metal albums can you say that about? Especially these days. This album even surpasses Baroness by MILES in that realm. Something we all thought would be quite impossible to top. Go out immediately and buy this album...support this band on tour...and send money to the drummer(perhaps the secret behind compositional strength of these songs)who just underwent very serious surgery.
http://www.metalsucks.net/2010/04/06/help-john-cobbett-from-ludicra-and-hammers-of-misfortune/

http://www.amazon.com/Tenant-Ludicra/dp/B00337KLX8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=mus ic&qid=1272454583&sr=8-1

Get to know this band. I promise you will not regret it.

|  IP: Logged
Cthon
Member # 156

posted April 28, 2010 20:47     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i havent heard the new one yet, i should hunt down a digital copy. i agree that they are a great band. my friend Rich from SF got me into them a few years back.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 29, 2010 10:19     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
my friend Rich from SF got me into them a few years back.

mmmm, Rich....haha.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted April 30, 2010 07:17     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds interesting... might have to pick this up.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted April 30, 2010 07:57     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
mmmm, Rich....haha.

sorry, i meant to say "LUNA'S friend, Rich".

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 30, 2010 14:22     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha, you know cthon now that I'm single again maybe it's time to make a visit to his myspazzy page...haven't been there in awhile.

I'll see if I can find that Ludicra over the weekend.

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted April 30, 2010 14:30     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
aww being single is good. I suppose.
We should go blonde and hit some dodgy wine bars haha.

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 30, 2010 16:57     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:

Haha, let's do it! I'll fly right on over...haha.

--------------------

Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 01, 2010 08:43     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Ha, you know cthon now that I'm single again maybe it's time to make a visit to his myspazzy page...haven't been there in awhile.

I'll see if I can find that Ludicra over the weekend.

he's my facebook buddy. i can suggest that he add you, haha. i think you two would be a perfect couple if you could handle his obsession with SF sports...

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 01, 2010 09:55     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Crazy how we can go from black metal to dodgy wine bars in the course of one thread. If we can break one sec from Luna's love life here is another article on TENANT:
http://www.sfbg.com/noise/2010/03/16/bay-area-black-metal-ludicras-gripping-new-tenant

I'm telling you guys...this thing might just be album of the year. Trust your Mez on this one. You know my politics may be a bit spotty but my ears are not. The only folks who might not enjoy this are our elder gentlemen here like the Schromonster who will probably find the vocals a bit caustic. But they do a nice job of not 'overdoing' it if you know what I mean. There are also beautiful chants throughout that complement the main vox very well. But again I'm telling you...this is a piece of music where every song stands on its own.....BUY IT.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 01, 2010 11:06     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just cos you're smug and married, waah

--------------------

String em up

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 01, 2010 16:28     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
.............don't get me wrong....those dodgy wine bars sound like serious fun. I'd go with you guys..........
Cthon
Member # 156

posted May 01, 2010 17:32     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
youre NEVER too married for a dodgy wine bar, whatever that is.

--------------------

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted May 02, 2010 06:00     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:

Haha, I would looove to see you Blondes!!
Now that'd look nice!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted May 02, 2010 08:23     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BEING SINGLE SUCKS!!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 03, 2010 05:50     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
there are nothing but dodgy wine bars where I now live, and... Luna's love life is kinda more interesting than TENANT

thank you very much

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 03, 2010 16:09     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
BEING SINGLE SUCKS!!!!!

You're not single are you? What the hell happened? And haha, I go away for the weekend and this turns into my love life thread....ooops. Sorry Mez!

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 03, 2010 16:25     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
BEING SINGLE SUCKS!!!!!

I'll second that!
Although it's nice to go to death metal gigs without a whining boyfriend in tow actually. Why can't I find one with decent tastes in music?????

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 03, 2010 16:27     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
Haha, I would looove to see you Blondes!!
Now that'd look nice!!

Actually as you can see here it does not look at all nice!!!

--------------------

String em up

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted May 03, 2010 20:11     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ah you guys got it all wrong being single is the shiznit, good for the libido !
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 04, 2010 09:46     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nah, it sucks.

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 04, 2010 16:48     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:

Trust your Mez on this one.

I trust you Mez: Tenant has just been ordered from amazon.com. Now I can't wait to hear it.

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan