my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Dan talks Guitars

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dan talks Guitars
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 31, 2010 22:02     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Surprised nobody else posted this yet:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=137773

|  IP: Logged
Greg Gloomp
VoivodFan
Member # 29

posted March 31, 2010 23:26     Profile for Greg Gloomp   Email Greg Gloomp     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the linkage, Lee.
When we saw them it was like Dan fell into place as I never thought another could in terms of feel and just the overall incredible feel on the rhythm parts that Piggy had.

--------------------

"If thine enemy wrong thee, buy each of his children a drum."

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted April 01, 2010 20:16     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hahahahaha!!! at 0:52 in the first video we see Blacky, exactly when Dan says he met him in 2002, priceless

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted April 01, 2010 20:35     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The part on effects IMO reveals how much Dan is fit for a future for Voivod.

You are go Dan !

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted April 01, 2010 20:40     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
and I really wrote "a future for Voivod" not in, it's not a typo or a misuse of the english language...

--------------------

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted April 01, 2010 21:09     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dan is so Modern Love , LOL !!!!

p.s:When Dan says ''I played diiferent kinds of music'' in video 7, you can hear Modern love from Bowie in the back ground, and me being such a Bowie freak, it cracks me up.

That was really cool to watch Dan, thanks a lot !!

Dan for guitar duty !

ps II: ``stay this time
I really meant to so bad this time
'Cause you can never really tell
When somebody wants something you want too``

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 02, 2010 16:20     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dan, come off it, are you JF??
Chewy
VoivodFan
Member # 602

posted April 03, 2010 09:36     Profile for Chewy   Email Chewy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey,

Dan Here,I'm not JF hehe.

Thanx to you all.I just want to say,Right now,we all have a blast playing,I and enjoy every single minute of it.And I have no expectation but I hope to do this for a long time,as long as the guys wants to do it,playing with Voivod,Snake,Away and Blacky is an amazing experience,good times!These guys are so great musicians and so nice!

Haha I Noticed that afterward,during the interview,Blacky appeared in the back while I was talking about him...woah!!

Cheers!

--------------------

choke cold

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted April 03, 2010 13:21     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm surely not Dan, if I had his amazing talent , I coul'nt get my head to pass the door, yet Dan is very humble abouthis skills, great guy (he even beat me at cranium )

I really hope we get to hear many more Voivod records !

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan