my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Simon6 look out....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Simon6 look out....
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 25, 2010 21:40     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This new guy might actually be able to smoke Holdsworth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFlnG3AKOW8

|  IP: Logged
Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted April 12, 2010 15:43     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Mez thanks for this. Very interesting prog really, gonna check 'em out. Alex Machacek is a tough mofo indeed - but I don't know if Holdsworth's got rivals at all. He's too elegant in his playing. PS Have you seen this one? (watch for the facial expressions): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLkOYHYQ2tc&feature=fvste2

Cheers

--------------------

What the...?

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted April 12, 2010 15:44     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

What the...?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted April 12, 2010 23:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The UKZ is a pretty cool ep of music. Very Crimson like in sound... of course with Trey Gunn in the band that could explain it, but the guitarist sounds a lot like Fripp in places, and Holdsworth in other places. It's been far too many years since Jobson's created cool music. I still spin The Green Album every now and then, which was suppose to be the beginning of a series of albums based on colors but that was 1983 and it was followed by his new age sounding album in '85 A Theme Of Secrets. Other than that I don't think he's really released anything except for some thing he did with a Bolivian Woman's Choir a few years ago.
This could be the start of something good... hopefully.

--------------------

yawn

Chewy
VoivodFan
Member # 602

posted April 16, 2010 08:42     Profile for Chewy   Email Chewy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Smoking Holdsworth???...

Copying Holdsworth 30 years later....???

He's good at it though

--------------------

choke cold

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted April 16, 2010 19:44     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, I was a little excited when I ran across this guy.....smoking Holdsworth is of course impossible. Just to be able to copy him is an achievement in itself....not to mention improvise over the changes.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan