my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » new recordings: Blacky / jason (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: new recordings: Blacky / jason
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 25, 2010 18:40     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...your Roland Emmerich films...haha

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 25, 2010 18:52     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Isn't Smed the same guy that launched into us for collecting vinyl too?
x-ray mirror
VoivodFan
Member # 1087

posted March 25, 2010 19:04     Profile for x-ray mirror   Email x-ray mirror     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yup, that was richly ignorant.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 25, 2010 20:00     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think he's one of the guys in the band having a wind-up.

--------------------

String em up

Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 26, 2010 01:40     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
I think he's one of the guys in the band having a wind-up.

that would be fucking awesome, haha.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted March 26, 2010 08:39     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ha!

So if I follow your line of thought; me buying tickets for the Mahler cycle next season at the OSM makes me an astro-zombie from hell ?

mmm, brains...

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

SmedHed
VoivodFan
Member # 1041

posted March 26, 2010 14:41     Profile for SmedHed   Email SmedHed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by X-D:
Haha, what a totally lame statement. I could go on and on as to why you don't have a clue as to what you are talking about, but since we can all see you are trolling... I won't bother tearing into you.

Enjoy your Shadows Fall CDs, your Roland Emmerich films, and your scratch'N'sniff wall art.

Honestly.

If you were a band and your fans disliked the new record wouldn't you want to know?

Now, I said nothing before but "Infini" while some good ideas and creative writing is a bad record. Snake's vocals are too annoying. Its like he's angry. Where is the great melody from Angel Rat?

I've bought each Voivod LP at least twice, I'm the die-hard thrash fan who listened to Testament since their first demo w/ Zetro.

I listened to the new Testament and Megadeth and whoa, it was bad.The new Voivod setlist w/ Blacky makes me cringe. The new Exodus singer sounds like he's gargling razor blades.

Today, I'm gonna get out the Cirith Ungol albums. Still great. 'War Eternal' awesome.

As for Ozzfest, puhleeze. I saw the tour in '92 supposed to be the farewell. He was old then.

SmedHed
VoivodFan
Member # 1041

posted March 26, 2010 18:55     Profile for SmedHed   Email SmedHed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hexonut:

Strangely enough, I seem to agree with some of his points. Latest albums by thrash heroes are lame. And I didn't like Infini. I must be getting old if I'm agreeing with Gorf of all people. Makes me wonder what am I doing posting here at all.

But I'd still be eager to hear the new Voivod material regardless of who is responsible for writing it. I'm not sure why Away has so many second thoughts about offending Jason, because he said in multiple interviews throughout his involvement with Voivod that he'd love to see Blacky back, so I'm sure he's gonna be perfectly cool about Dan/Blacky stuff being released.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

I'm a HUGE metal fan, ESP. Voivod. This is just a comment about musical direction. I prefer the well-produced side of bands. I don't think metal is a contest to see who can compress the loudest riff sound.
(i.e.-Death Magnetic)

Likewise, I prefer the cleaner sounding Testament of "Practice" than "the Gathering"
also, "the Legacy" song is on my playlist lately. Even Yuri had a thread at God.com about the "Infini" production, very valid, so we aren't trolls.

No one is a bigger Destruction fan than me, but Schmier, come on, the new album is crap. Destructions setlist hasn't changed hardly since I saw them in '03. Gotta work on that.

So I don't understand why Testament is doing the entire "Legacy" LP on the latest tour. I'm just saying guys, work on some good new stuff and keep the live sets recent. We want to build metal DVD collections!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 26, 2010 20:31     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The last Testament album was fucking incredible, the last Megadeth album did not suck.

They make me feel good listening to them, better in fact - since the production quality is so much better - than the 80's stuff I grew up on.

Thats just my opinion, not FACT.

No, actually, fuck each and every one of you! My opinion regarding music is FACT and anyone who doesn't immediatly nod and exhale slightly harder than normal at the sheer wisdom of what I just said is a heretic cunt.

I know this. I KNOW.

Anyway, um... God bless Jasonic but I'm fucking stoked at the idea of a new album from my all-time favourite band with Blacky and especially Dan on it.

For the record I'd also be stoked if Jasonic got back with Metallica. There's way too much safe backslapping going on in that camp right now.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted March 27, 2010 00:44     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Back on topic.

Blacky > All

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted March 27, 2010 01:28     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:
Blacky > All

Yes, thank you! This is my feeling as well.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 27, 2010 02:05     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Back on topic.

Blacky > All

Yup!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

x-ray mirror
VoivodFan
Member # 1087

posted March 27, 2010 15:37     Profile for x-ray mirror   Email x-ray mirror     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hmmmm... interesting turn in conversation, but I gotta say that I really like Infini, especially Snake's vocals & sci fi lyrics. There are a couple tracks that aren't as strong, but overall I really dig it. That being said, Blacky is still badass.
SmedHed
VoivodFan
Member # 1041

posted March 27, 2010 16:24     Profile for SmedHed   Email SmedHed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Isn't Smed the same guy that launched into us for collecting vinyl too?

I was just being sarcastic and making fun of you for being vinyl purists, bragging about your purchases.

I thought you guys would get it since we go way back, always flaming one another.

Anyone buy that Crumbsuckers re-union DVD?
Great live band.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 28, 2010 11:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ya gotta admit, Smed's made for some interesting conversations here and you're probably as tired of seeing him post Goth links as you are me posting I bought another Thrice item
I usually disagree with what Smed posts, but thats the fun of a an open forum... it keeps it going.

There's only one BLACKY. Without Blacky in Voivod it's like a sugar substitute, it's might taste alright but you can't replace the real thing and get the same flavor.
that was a weird analogy, but it worked.

--------------------

yawn

SmedHed
VoivodFan
Member # 1041

posted March 31, 2010 17:17     Profile for SmedHed   Email SmedHed     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
You have to admit, the last youtube link I posted of Gothic Metal was killer.

BTW - who was the dork here who said he liked Andrew W.K. ?

He's worse than Dave Mathews!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 31, 2010 19:09     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm sick to death of hearing bands that sound like theatre of tragedy to be honest. They make me want to stab people's eyes out with a fork.

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan