my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » SXSW review

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SXSW review
tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted March 21, 2010 17:36     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.examiner.com/x-10303-Austin-Metal-Music-Examiner~y2010m3d18-SXSW-Metal-report-for-Wednesday-part-2--Voivod-dominates-the-Relapse-showcase

wish I was there.

|  IP: Logged
x-ray mirror
VoivodFan
Member # 1087

posted March 21, 2010 20:39     Profile for x-ray mirror   Email x-ray mirror     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
great review!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted March 21, 2010 21:00     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, that was fantastic. I loved how the author was so critical of that hipster mess known as 'sludge'.(let it be known I am a huge fan of Kylesa though....the only band I'd put in that category).

Here's a really interesting link from that same article to an interview with Away. He talks about music Blacky & Dan have been writing:
http://www.examiner.com/x-10303-Austin-Metal-Music-Examiner~y2010m3d20-Metal-Thought-An-interview-with-Away-Langevin-of-Voivod

Cthon
Member # 156

posted March 21, 2010 22:46     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
werent they supposed to play with Motorhead, too? id like to hear some opinions on that show, too...

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

BirthAD
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 1090

posted March 23, 2010 23:46     Profile for BirthAD   Email BirthAD     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey guys-
I'm the one who did the SXSW coverage of Voivod. The Motorhead/Voivod show was billed as an industry showcase (special passes get priority, blah blah), so all the serious fans stayed behind to catch Voivod at their second show of the night (which was general admission). According to Blacky, the earlier set sucked because nobody was there! Everyone forgets that at SXSW only the fans care about metal shows - industry people only want to see whatever's hip. Oh well - their other shows were well attended and man were they ever good.

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 24, 2010 13:20     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's rad...thanks BirthADDICT. I've seen some pics on the "facebollocks" from those shows. I'm happy Voivod were able to play at SXSW. I'd like to hear what they thought of the insanity that is SXSW.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan