my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » in praise of Dan Mongrain

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: in praise of Dan Mongrain
x-ray mirror
VoivodFan
Member # 1087

posted March 20, 2010 12:25     Profile for x-ray mirror   Email x-ray mirror     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
woah. still reeling a week after seeing the mighty Voivod. I was thinking... Dan Mongrain really kicked out the jams. His playing really jived well with the band and his background vocals (especially tribal convictions) were stellar.
I am really really really looking forward to some new music by this lineup. Anyways... Dan, here's to you.

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 20, 2010 16:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I missed out on the tour, but I'm really looking forward to what the new lineup creates in the future. VOIVOD LIVES

--------------------

yawn

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted March 20, 2010 22:08     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Excellent post. I thought he was great when the came through town with Down. Piggy is somewhere out there in the multiverse and he is pleased.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 21, 2010 00:03     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Danomannnnnnnn!

--------------------

String em up

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted March 22, 2010 05:15     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I couldn't agree more, as I stated in the Voivod/ Kreator tour thread.

Outstanding job, dude.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted March 22, 2010 07:14     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
who is this man you guys speak of, this man covering our beloved Piggy tunes ?

soon we may get to find out if that vodik blood running in those veins is pure...

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted March 22, 2010 17:04     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Worthy.

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 22, 2010 17:25     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We are not worthy!

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 22, 2010 18:52     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cheers to Dan Mongrain! And that hair of yours.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted March 22, 2010 22:41     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Dan fucking rocks!!! I saw VV 4 times in the last 2 years since he joined and was simply blown away every single time...

He captures Piggy's style and sound so perfectly, I swear I closed my eyes a few times and it's as if Piggy was right there on stage. It feels truly natural, he plays IMO 95% of the songs note for note. It has to be seen to be believed...

I admit that I've come to term with the idea of new Voivod material with Dan. He's been so respectful with Piggy's legacy, that going forward with this lineup would definitely NOT be a sacrilege.

My 2¢

BirthAD
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 1090

posted March 24, 2010 02:59     Profile for BirthAD   Email BirthAD     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I wholeheartedly agree that Dan M. couldn't be more perfect for Voivod. I would be very interested in anything future releases with his involvement. In the meantime, I would like to unofficially christen him with a proper "Voivod name" - henceforth, he shall be known as Migraine!
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 24, 2010 05:15     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod hit the Jackpot for sure with Dan

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted March 24, 2010 07:51     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What everyone above said

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 24, 2010 19:23     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Migraine hahahaa

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan