my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Trocadero - Philadelphia PA

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trocadero - Philadelphia PA
tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted March 05, 2010 13:56     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well my day started early, I went and picked up Luna from the airport at 2:15pm. We hooked up without any issue and headed straight to Geno's for a cheese steak.

Then on to an Irish pub for some soothing refreshments. We met up with Consumer and eventually headed for the venue.

Bumping into Snake after parking the car we collected our tickets and headed for a Japanese restaurant. (they had a bar) It was the closest one to the venue. In walks Blacky , Dan, Away, and Snake to eat dinner before the show. They stopped by to say hello where were enjoying some more beverages. By that time Imran had come in.

We left after the band did and headed for the venue. The opening act Nachtmystium were a very good show. Their set was tight and I really enjoyed it.

Well then it was time I had been waiting for months to see. The mighty Voivod, they were in great form.

Highlights were Ripping headaches, Nuclear War, Tornado and Overreaction. They were great, again.

After the show we watched Kreator upstairs for a while. They opened with the Pestilence which shocked me. They played about 16 more songs, Flag of hate, coma of souls, Tormentor , enemy of God, ect ect. They were good just didn't seem like it was a good night for them.

I am not the best person to ask about Kreator because during most of their set I was by the merch table talking to and hanging with VV. After the show we all were treated to go backstage and hang with them some more. It was great, everyone one was really cool and had a great time.

If you are reading this and are anywhere near NYC you need to head there for Saturday. As I am writing this I am still conflicted with going to MA tonight. But the 7 hours of driving my just be too much.

I need a coffee or maybe a beer....good times, good times.

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 05, 2010 18:14     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for filling me in on what i missed out. wished i could have been there to finally meet some of the other VVF and finally get to see VV play live.

Mother Nature has fucked up my concert schedule big time.

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 08, 2010 18:44     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey schroeder! So sad you couldn't make it. It was terribly boring and not worth the time or money spent and the voice I lost, but hey...it's just some band called Voivod after all.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted March 08, 2010 19:43     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Meanie.

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 09, 2010 00:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, reading that was like rubbing salt in a wound. wish i coulda been there with you all and enjoyed the show.

--------------------

yawn

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted March 09, 2010 00:44     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Really sorry you couldn't make it. You were missed, it would have been great to finally meet.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 09, 2010 11:41     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, so sensitive. Trust me schroeder, part of the reason I went to the PA show was because of the possibility of meeting you. I'll hunt you down somewhere, someday yet!

And by the way, tsawyer is effing hilarious!

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 09, 2010 16:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I told my girlfriend about all the cool shit you did and she told me how stupid I was for not going. Having my work days get fucked up because of the blizzards messed up all my plans.
Still looking forward to meeting you Luna, and some of you other freaks in person one day.

--------------------

yawn

consumer
VoivodFan
Member # 421

posted March 09, 2010 21:38     Profile for consumer   Email consumer     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm still pissed about missing out on cheesesteaks!! Luna + Tsawyerfam both rule to hang with though. Show we hit in NYC a couple nights later was killer as well. Worth it just to see the huge Nokia Theatre sign in crowded Times Square flashing the Voivod, Kreator, etc. logos for all to see. Ran into all the guys from band once again inside the venue. All super cool. The set, of course, was awesome as usual. Unknown Knows was great to hear. And Snake coming on for opening of the show (Voivod!) with the gasmask will never get old. Kreator + Nachtmystium were both way good as well. After Kreator Tsfam + I had parted with Luna as she had to catch a ride with Imran. But we ran into old friend King and ended up in dressing room again that night for a short while hearing some funny stories. Ended up at three shows at beginning of this tour and each night was a blast. Can't wait for them to come back within decent driving distance!!
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 10, 2010 02:55     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great reading

Schroeder, sorry to hear that, but your time will come. I'm sure

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 10, 2010 18:17     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I sure hope VOIVOD doesn't go down as one of my most loved bands that I'll never see. Fate seems to keep fuckin shit up when I have opportunities to see them, starting way back on the RRROOOAAARRR tour when the venue's PA got stolen the night before the show and we only got to chat with guy band in the parking lot for a while before they headed to the next city. Then for some stupid fuckin reason i didn't go to the Voivod / Soundgarden / Faith No More tour... which I should have been brutally beaten for missing.

--------------------

yawn

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 20, 2010 17:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well, I missed out on this tour, but I got a surprise package at work today from a friend that went to see them. A VOIVOD grey Tshirt with the sparkle black logo and

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted March 22, 2010 18:58     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Cool schroeder! Now, why didn't I think of doing that for you...lame.

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted March 23, 2010 02:54     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Well, I missed out on this tour, but I got a surprise package at work today from a friend that went to see them. A VOIVOD grey Tshirt with the sparkle black logo and

Nice, everybody should have a piece of the Voivodcake

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 23, 2010 10:21     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Funny thing is, I already have about 13 or more VOIVOD shirts including one with this design but different color shirt, but I didn't have any grey VV T's, so it's all good.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan