my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » What not to get your Father for his 60th birthday

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What not to get your Father for his 60th birthday
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 01, 2010 18:26     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, the big six-o is a big deal but I really wanted to give my Dad the lasting gift of introducing him to Porcupine Tree. I know he'll love them as much as I do and get years of pleasure out of it. After all, it worked with Dream Theater.

'Fear of a Blank Planet' is still my current favourite so, as my wife has an Amazon account already set up, I asked her to order it in time for his birthday party this weekend. She said it was a lame and bizarre thing to get my own father on his 60th birthday but I put that transgressive backchat down to the fact that she's 7 months pregnant.

So anyway, she got him the NWA album.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 01, 2010 19:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LMFAO

I'm curious to hear what he thinks of NWA!!!

She could have at least come close by getting Public Enemy's Fear Of A BLACK Planet... where Steve Wilson hijacked his title from.

I think it's cool your dad would get into DT and PT, I know my dad and step mom enjoyed them and probably passed out more sample cds than I did when the band was doing the grassroots promoting during the In Absentia years.

--------------------

yawn

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted March 02, 2010 12:37     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
oh, I meant Public Enemy. East Coast/West Coast mixup there.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted March 02, 2010 13:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
at least PE isn't as vulgar as NWA, but still nowhere near as cool as PT.
Chuck D from PE does have one of the coolest voices in rap. He's heavy and brutal.

--------------------

yawn

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted March 03, 2010 22:42     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
A few years ago, my mother told my 20yr old sister that a nice XMAS gift idea would be the new "Il Divo" cd.

She wound up getting "Devo: Greatest Misses"
instead.

And so I laughed and I laughed and I.....laughed some more.

Maybe next year, Voivod instead of Vangelis or King Diamond instead of Neil Diamond!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan