my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Holy Smokes!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Holy Smokes!!
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted February 24, 2010 18:27     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Inspired by bands such as Primus, Mr.bungle, King crimson and on the heavier side of things bands like Meshuggah, Pysopus and Sikth to name a few:

http://www.myspace.com/drslaggleberry

All I can say is WOW....reminds me of Happy Family who I loved. I think many of you will dig this. Perhaps even the Schroedman.....

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 25, 2010 07:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
playing the video to Gone Devil now, since the music player is acting weird, and you can definitely hear those influences (especially Primus). No singing yet, so when I find something to listen to that has vocals, that will either ruin it for me, it make it that much better.
"Tails of the Blind Donkey" sounds like King Crimson meets Meshuggah (from what I remember about their music). Looks like there's no vocals which could be good or bad. I don't know if I could last through an entire album of all instrumentals in this vein, which is why I love Crimson so much... a few instrumentals but lots of great complex music that's held together with great lyrics and cool understandable vocals.

Thanks for another great link Mez.

--------------------

yawn

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted February 25, 2010 08:18     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nearly played a gig with this lot last year, a fine band from my neck of the woods.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Cthon
Member # 156

posted February 26, 2010 19:18     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
whats up with that band name, haha?

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan