my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Jr is back in Megadeth

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jr is back in Megadeth
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 11, 2010 19:25     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just read on a Facebook message from Dave Ellefson that he's back in the band for the Rust In Peace, Here's his message (I'm assuming it's just for the RIP tour, but who knows. Whatever the case may be, I'm glad the Daves cleared up their problems to make this possible)
Greetings Droogies, Rattleheads and Everyone Around the World! It is great to be back in MEGADETH! As you can imagine, it's been quite a week getting back in the saddle with a gazillion things to get a handle on before we hit the road. We are rehearsing for the upcoming "Rust In Peace" 20th Anniversary tour this week at Vic's Garage, and I must say, the songs are ripping! Dave and I sound like we haven't missed a beat. We have a special style we've created together over the years and it just fell right back into place instantly. I've definitely missed his ferocious guitar playing....no one does it quite like him. I want to thank you all for your overwhelming support, congratulations and excitement on my return back with the band and I look forward to seeing you all at the upcoming shows. Be ready for "The Punishment Due"! - David Ellefson

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted February 12, 2010 01:14     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuckin outstanding!

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted February 12, 2010 02:01     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think it's great news, but don't understand what the fuck the latest bashing was all about.....

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted February 12, 2010 08:58     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The last I heard about the Feuding Dave (which was years ago) is Jr was suing Mustaine for royalties on songs he said he was owed. I'm thinking Jr need some $$$ because Megadeth was in hiatus during Mustaine's recovery or whatever the reason was for the band not being together.

Now if Friedman and Menza were back for the RIP tour, that would be interesting, although that would also cause problems with the current members similar to what happened with Anthrax when they did the reunion with Belladonna.

--------------------

yawn

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted February 16, 2010 11:41     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
*thud*

That's how the news of JR back in the band felt like.

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted February 17, 2010 17:20     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fantastic!
Heard this here first, of course.
Thanks.

--------------------

What the...?

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan