my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod plays Wacken!! (Page 4)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Voivod plays Wacken!!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 14, 2010 16:16     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
hope there are no cock-ups

I don't know...I kinda hope there are cock-ups somewhere!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

|  IP: Logged
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 14, 2010 21:25     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehe, I'll stop sweating when I have the tickets in mah grubby hands

--------------------

String em up

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 15, 2010 07:11     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice work HV! It's gonna be awesome!
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 15, 2010 07:20     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn right, I didn't really look at the line up until after I got me ticket haha, looking forward to it!!!

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 15, 2010 07:23     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey H you goin to be at Esoteric later??
Kind of umming and ahhing over goin to that one too

--------------------

String em up

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 15, 2010 08:06     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anybody have a video camera? They're are gonna be a hell of a lot of VVF'ers here together for the first time. I mean somebody should really tape this thing. Pictures are nice but a video would really be something. Like I wonder, what would a conversation between H and Vroom be like? Especially under the influence of extreme amounts of alcohol. One can only imagine.
h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted May 15, 2010 10:00     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Not doing Esoteric. Don't have the funds!

I'll get some video footage at Wacken alright. Otherwise I won't remember a damn thing. Conversations between me & vroom usually end up with him trying to get me into meshuggah!

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted May 15, 2010 10:50     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha! That's what I was thinking - start with Voivod discussions and end with Meshuggah, with a Guinness or two and maybe some skateboarding talk somewhere in between.

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted May 15, 2010 12:58     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, a camera would be nice ... there's so many times I wish there was one ... or maybe not

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 16, 2010 03:38     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh oh, the "Plebejer" is growing and growing

Footage would be nice, but I guess we'll end up in some collection with global catastrophes...

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 17, 2010 17:33     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got mah confirmation, yay, happy now

--------------------

String em up

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted May 17, 2010 19:32     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Lucky bastards... be sure to document as much as possible!

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 17, 2010 23:18     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm bringin' my camera and 12 gigs worth of SD cards to capture the madness.

Gonna need lots of fucking batteries.

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted May 31, 2010 14:16     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Preliminary running times are up. Looks like Voivod aren't up against anyone I give a damn about (I've never even heard of Endstille, sorry). Early enough that we shouldn't be too ridiculously drunk yet, but late enough that it doesn't feel insulting to the band. (Now, Amorphis at frickin' NOON on the other hand....)

Ghost Brigade overlaps with Motley Crue and Gojira overlaps with Iron Maiden, but I'm actually ok with that as I had no intention of trying to see Maiden anyway. Hopefully that means fewer people cramming into the Headbangers Ballroom tent.
Running Order with Times

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted May 31, 2010 15:54     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yeah, fortunately Voivod doesn't overlap with anyone I give a damn about either (but considering it's Voivod I can't see myself giving a damn about anyone in the world). One hour seem to be a fair time considering it's a festival (and i'm sure they'll still feel like 10 minutes)

Maiden V/S Gojira looks bad to me ... I really, really want to see Gojira, but long time ago I made a promise myself to see Maiden every time they were near me. (In Chile we have an old story of censorship with Maiden in 92, so it kinda has a special meaning for us chileans)

Maybe I'll see the first part of Maiden, assuming they'll be ending with Hallowed... Iron Maiden and all the classics I've witnessed more than enough times.

Crüe V/S Ghost Brigade ... sorry but the shallow, party animal, dumb part of me prefers to see Motley Crue drunk as fuck :-)

What definitely sucks is Candlemass overlapping with Immortal ... I'll choose Candlemass, but Immortal are awesome live as far as I can remember.

Tiamat v/s Fear Factory also sucks .. I guess I'll go with FF this time, considering I saw Tiamat not long ago.

Amorphis that early ... whatever ... I guess it will be a good way to start the most important day of the festival. What scares me is the big gap between them and Voivod with no bands I actually want to see ... that means too much free time to get drunk ...aarrgghhh ... gotta... resist ...temptation

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted May 31, 2010 17:15     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, you guys have serious problems......

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted May 31, 2010 17:31     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha ... well ... actually my biggest problem is how bored I'm at work (slooow monday)... so writing plenty of crap was a natural thing to do ...

I could go on for hours philosophizing about which bands to see/miss, you know: ethical, alcoholic and metaphysical reasons etc, etc.

wow ... actually I'm MUCHO bored here.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted May 31, 2010 19:49     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just me but I think I'd opt for the Gojira over Maiden any day.

And I'm greatly GREATLY looking forward to any video from the VVF convention...........NucVamp, I shall be living vicariously through you sir.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted June 01, 2010 05:06     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Iron Maiden in a field full of drunken Germans? I ain't missing that!!
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted June 01, 2010 12:10     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggööörrr:

I could go on for hours philosophizing about which bands to see/miss, you know: ethical, alcoholic and metaphysical reasons etc, etc.

wow ... actually I'm MUCHO bored here.

haha! Dude, you are cracking me up this AM...I'm at work now after a 3-day weekend of nothing but WORK (not work-work, but house-work/hiking-work/miscellaneous family-work) and so far I'm not bored after reading these posts! "ethicial, alcoholic, metaphysical reasons"...too funny!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted June 01, 2010 12:47     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well Amy, I kinda feel your pain ... I've been working a lot at home on non-profitable and basically useless crap besides my "real" job.

First, I finally finished a pedalboard I ventured to make with no electronics knowledge at all ... I clearly didn't know what I was going into. This "experiment" could give failblog.org months worth of material.

I also killed many brain cells and lost many sleep hours working on the mix of some friends album (a band called Mar de Grises). Fortunately that came out quite good considering the little time we had.

So by monday I was already exhausted, sleepy and grumpy.

Back on topic: If everything goes well I'll be booking my flight today!!! (crossing fingers)

--------------------

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted June 01, 2010 16:11     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by h:
Iron Maiden in a field full of drunken Germans? I ain't missing that!!

That's what I was thinking. AYWON MAAAAYDIN !!!

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted June 03, 2010 17:26     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Got my flight booked today ...so it seems like...
THIS IS NOT AN EXERCISE!!!!!!

--------------------

dotrot_thrash
VoivodFan
Member # 1094

posted June 03, 2010 18:45     Profile for dotrot_thrash   Email dotrot_thrash     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
lucky bastard!

we're all hoping for some photos or vids if possible. have fun! (like theres any chance that you WONT!)

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted June 03, 2010 19:54     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awww can't wait for this, I'm having some serious guilt trip laid on me at work for going to Wacken, and I'm now in the shit also for going to MDF, as I returned on Tuesday "unfit for work" apparantly. However it is fine for me to be "unfit for work" following night shifts... bleh.
Hope I don't get sacked for going to this!!!!!

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan