my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Voivod plays Wacken!! (Page 3)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Author Topic: Voivod plays Wacken!!
iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 05, 2010 16:36     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ok, yesterday they published a preliminary running order.... thw mighty VOIVOD goes on friday at the party stage. How big is that stage? ... I'd prefer to see them on a not-so-huge stage, you know.

--------------------

...I wish I knew the one who knows..

|  IP: Logged
Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted April 06, 2010 11:44     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's one of the side stages, not the big main stage. Still an outdoor stage though - only the WET Stage is in a tent. Obituary and Cynic both played on the Party Stage when we went a couple years ago.

I'm kind of surprised by the preliminary running order. There are a LOT of good bands in the tent (WET Stage) - Gojira, Ghost Brigade, Rotting Christ. I have a feeling that tent is gonna be packed. I thought they learned their lesson on that when they put Finntroll and Turisas in there a few years back and had people climbing up trees outside trying to see inside...

--------------------

ummm.....I got nothin' today :-(

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 07, 2010 18:23     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was at Wacken when Cynic played

I spent €300 on vinyl at that festival!!!

Actually Wacken looks quite good this year, but I'm doing hellfest as its only a 200 mile drive. Carcass are playing the whole of Necroticism...ooooohhhh can't wait!!!

Saw Voivod at Hellfest last year. Was a bit gutted they didn't play anything from RRROOOAAARRR

--------------------

Hail Santa...

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 08, 2010 10:30     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn it, I've just looked at the Hellfest Line-Up and it's near perfect for me, actually far better than Wacken; though Voivod easily makes up for all the hellfest bands I'll be missing.

Living this far away from everything definitely sucks.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 08, 2010 10:54     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iiigggööörrr:
Damn it, I've just looked at the Hellfest Line-Up and it's near perfect for me, actually far better than Wacken; though Voivod easily makes up for all the hellfest bands I'll be missing.

Living this far away from everything definitely sucks.

No shit Igor...you are very far away which makes your trip to Deutschland cool as hell. That's the prob with these summer metal fests...there are always so many to choose from.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 08, 2010 14:03     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnickerZohnonnof:

Saw Voivod at Hellfest last year. Was a bit gutted they didn't play anything from RRROOOAAARRR

Dude, you saw Voivod with Snake + Eric at the same time ... I wouldn't be complaining

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 08, 2010 15:41     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
No shit Igor...you are very far away which makes your trip to Deutschland cool as hell. That's the prob with these summer metal fests...there are always so many to choose from.

Yeah, well ... let's hope everything goes fine ... There are three things I've always wanted to do and I haven't done so far:

Being outside Southamerica
Going to Wacken
Be at a Voivod gig

So, when the news popped up in here it was quite obvious for me, like "now, this is it". I was a few bucks away from going to Montreal for the Heavy MTL gig, but at the last minute I had to drop the plan because that would have been immediate bankrupcy. Now I just don't give a shit about bankrupcy...hahaha. Certainly VISA will own my ass at the end of August.

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 08, 2010 15:56     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Certainly VISA will own my ass at the end of August.

Mine too!

--------------------

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted April 08, 2010 17:26     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Dude, you saw Voivod with Snake + Eric at the same time ... I wouldn't be complaining

I did, which was cool but it would have been the icing on the cake to hear Thrashing Rage or To The Death....Or Korgull The Exterminator....Or Fuck Off And Die...Or Ripping Headaches....LOL!!!!

--------------------

Hail Santa...

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted April 09, 2010 01:54     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Certainly VISA will own my ass at the end of August. [/QB]

quote:
Originally posted by Luna:
Mine too!

Ohoh...., we have to put an extra Pledgie button on the site ?

I guess we're very lucky here, because there are several weekends we have a choice out of more festivals. Big and small ones.

We are thinking for some time nog to move to Latin Amerika, but that is one of the reasons not to be to pushy..

Great you all come over to Wacken. It will be fun with a bunch of vv nutcases!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 09, 2010 09:38     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KnickerZohnonnof:
I did, which was cool but it would have been the icing on the cake to hear Thrashing Rage or To The Death....Or Korgull The Exterminator....Or Fuck Off And Die...Or Ripping Headaches....LOL!!!!

Going off-topic here ... call me crazy, but regardless of how much a love those songs, and now that I've come to think of it, my favourite one from RRRÖÖÖAAARRR has always been "Build Your Weapons"... Does anyone else think that it rules-so-much-that-it-hurts or am I alone here?

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted April 09, 2010 09:44     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBC:
Ohoh...., we have to put an extra Pledgie button on the site ?

I guess we're very lucky here, because there are several weekends we have a choice out of more festivals. Big and small ones.

We are thinking for some time nog to move to Latin Amerika, but that is one of the reasons not to be to pushy..

Great you all come over to Wacken. It will be fun with a bunch of vv nutcases!

Yeah, the extra pledgie button would be cool ... something like: "donate here for the thirsty (very thirsty) kids from north and south america"

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted April 09, 2010 10:46     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
"donate here for the thirsty (very thirsty) kids from north and south america"

hehe...indeed! Cheers to that.

--------------------

Nuclear Vampire
VoivodFan
Member # 20

posted May 08, 2010 01:15     Profile for Nuclear Vampire   Email Nuclear Vampire     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So I figured I'd fire up a Facebook group for us to have a central place to discuss Wacken and the Voivodfan party of the mellinium! I figured Facebook was the easiest route since most cell phones have a Facebook app.

We could use this group to plan the camping, BBQing, travel, party plans, etc. Anything and everything the Voivodfan needs to make this Wacken experience the best it can be. :-)

Here's a link to the group
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=105708789474318

By the way, I'm Glen McPhail, in case anyone was wondering who the hell this guy is from VVF who invited me to this group.

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted May 10, 2010 16:01     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great initiative, Glen ... I'll surely need some directions to get to the VVF camp, as I probably won't bring my cellphone (I believe my phone company doesn't have roaming coverage over there ... but what do I know). Maybe once the first Voivodians have set up the camping place they could post on FB the directions to get there (then when arriving to wacken it would be just a matter of finding some sort of internet connection).

Counting the days for Wacken down here!!

--------------------

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted May 11, 2010 01:22     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Igor, if you're taking the Metal Travel bus from Berlin to Wacken just let us know which bus you'll be on and we can meet you at the stop. Ulf and I will be there at 8a.m. on the Wednesday.

--------------------

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted May 11, 2010 11:24     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That would be cool ... I assume you guys are also taking the MT Bus .... sounds like helluva trip. If so, are you taking the bus at the Tegel Airport (TXL) or at the bus station (ZOB/ICC)? ... anyway I was planning to book the 14:00/14/30 one ... just in case ... you know ..I'm arriving to Berlin the day before and haven't seen my Berlinese friend for a long time, so big party/hangover is to be expected :-)

--------------------

Megz
VoivodFan
Member # 367

posted May 11, 2010 13:34     Profile for Megz   Email Megz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
We're taking Festivalbussen from Malmö, Sweden. We leave Malmö in the middle of the night, which sucks, but it's the simplest way for us to go. As a nice bonus, we can buy semi-cheap booze on the ferry over to Germany.

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 11, 2010 15:18     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They're not on at 10 in the morning or something daft like that are they??????
I recall most of the folks in the hotels missing Cryptopsy a few years back..

and I'm still umming and ahhing over going at all (sorry, fucking lightweight I am)

--------------------

String em up

Mächina
VoivodFan
Member # 1095

posted May 11, 2010 15:40     Profile for Mächina   Email Mächina     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn! I've dreamed to go to WOA some day, and now seems like this year's festival is going to be the best so far... and it keeps being only that... a dream

--------------------

Turn on the machine!!!

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted May 11, 2010 16:18     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Megz:
We're taking Festivalbussen from Malmö, Sweden. We leave Malmö in the middle of the night, which sucks, but it's the simplest way for us to go. As a nice bonus, we can buy semi-cheap booze on the ferry over to Germany.

Haha .. okok, I got it all wrong .. somehow my crappy brain thought you were having a stop in Berlin, now I see ... uuhhh.. huh-huh ...the idea is to meet at the WACKEN stop itself ...do'h!!! stoopid me. As soon as I have some clarity on the bus issue, I'll let you know. Thanks for taking care of this little, poor, lost and thirsty kid from the ass of the world

--------------------

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted May 11, 2010 18:37     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Thanks for taking care of this little, poor, lost and thirsty kid from the ass of the world

Haha!

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 14, 2010 13:10     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I just booked mah ticket, seeya there!!!!

--------------------

String em up

iiigggïïïrrr
VoivodFan
Member # 176

posted May 14, 2010 13:25     Profile for iiigggïïïrrr   Email iiigggïïïrrr     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great News!

Now, man up and join the Morgoth Camp

Now that I think of it (hotel v/s camping it is), it would've been great if we had rented our own W.C. (unfortunately those are sold out already) ...with the voivod bar light sign inside and all. I'm sure we'd had come with some cool name for it.

I know, I know ... enthusiasm makes me speak nonsense

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted May 14, 2010 13:31     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hehehe that would be awesome, I'm still waiting for the confirmation email to come back, booked through Argon, hope there are no cock-ups, I'll be nervous until it comes through now!

No way am I camping (fucking lightweight pansy) but will come and find you lot for sure!!!!

--------------------

String em up

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan