my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » SOUNDGARDEN!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SOUNDGARDEN!!!
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 02, 2010 23:01     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Chris Cornell has confirmed a Soundgarden tour for this year!
 |  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 03, 2010 00:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I hope this doesn't mean Matt is leaving Pearl Jam. I'm sure they would work around Soundgarden's schedule to keep him in the band. A Pearl Jam / Soundgarden double headliner tour would fuckin' ROCK... hell, have Temple of the Dog open!!! Matt would be wiped out!!!

--------------------

yawn

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted January 03, 2010 00:44     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Best news of 2010!
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted January 03, 2010 03:18     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This year starts great!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted January 03, 2010 05:29     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I only have Bad motor finger (what is that exactly?) That album is really good. Especially the opening riff.

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted January 03, 2010 08:08     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BMF is a genius record. Heard Cornell do Jesus Christ Pose live last year.... it wasn't great. Kinda sounded like he was holding back, not wanting to damage his voice. Maybe it was a one off, maybe he can still scream like... well, like Chris Cornell! I'll be there to find out either way.
tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted January 03, 2010 08:42     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Well we have Voivod touring with Kreator early this year.

How about later on, they tour with FNM & Soundgarden?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted January 03, 2010 10:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I have never heard Cornell sound good live compared to how he sounds on studio recordings. All the live footage I have of Soundgarden, Audioslave, the bootleg cds, TV appearances... his voice has never sounded that great, which is real disappointing because I love the studio material (except for that piece of shit album SCREAM).

I'd really like to hear new a Soundgarden album.

--------------------

yawn

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted January 03, 2010 11:19     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/soundgarden_inadvertently_reunites
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 03, 2010 12:16     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I read that piece in The Onion last year. Pretty funny.

In the release I read yesterday, it said that Soundgarden will work around Pearl Jam's tour schedule.

Initially, this announcement was made through Cornell's Twitter page, of all places. Chris, Matt, Kim, and Ben are on board. no word on if Hiro will be a roadie.

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted January 03, 2010 12:20     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulussie:
I only have Bad motor finger (what is that exactly?) That album is really good. Especially the opening riff.

There's a spark plug in the cover art, so I've always thought a bad motor finger was a fouled spark plug.

It is their best record, but I do strongly suggest "Louder Than Love", if nothing else.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted January 03, 2010 12:21     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That last studio album was not that special and I didn't like anything Cornell did after the break-up, still I'm curious to hear what they will come up with.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted January 04, 2010 14:42     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Agreed "Louder Than Love" is a classic and a must have, but I disagree that Soundgarden should tour with PJ or TOFD.....I would have to skip the show (or at least parts of it). In my opinion, Pearl Jam is the worst band EVER! And I don't think I've ever heard Temple of the Dog.

We were lucky enough to see them on the "Louder Than Love" tour alone, and with Voivod and would love to see them again, although I don't actually like anything they did after "Louder Than Love".....go figure!

X-D
VoivodFan
Member # 3

posted January 04, 2010 22:50     Profile for X-D   Email X-D     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hypergrrl:
In my opinion, Pearl Jam is the worst band EVER! And I don't think I've ever heard Temple of the Dog.

Haha, I love this statement. I'm w/you on Pearl Jam hypergrrl. It was not easy having to hear them everywhere I went from 1991-1995.

I was also fortunate to catch the Voivod/Soundgarden tour in '89 and it is a fond memory indeed. <whisper>Voivod was better live though</whisper> Sadly, they will probably package a tour with Soundgarden and Lincoln Park or some shit.

I did hear there's plans for a Soundgarden box set through, and I am drooling over that. Soundgarden might rival Iron Maiden for the most b-sides in history and it would be great to have all those tracks in one place.

--------------------

I am a robot... bleep blop bloop

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted January 04, 2010 23:46     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This makes me think of a couple of unrelated things...

1. Chris said a couple of years ago, after Audioslave, that he didn't want to do Soundgarden again...it was such a cool experience the first time around that he didn't want to fuck up all his good memories with a crappy reunion (I can't remember where I read this).

2. If you never heard Louder Than Love, you never heard Soundgarden.

3. The only time I saw them was at Bumbershoot in Seattle, 1988. Chris was flailing around onstage, singing "Head Injuries" (get it on iTunes - it's from their first EP). My friends and I just stood there going "whoa...who the fuck is this?", and then "they sound like shit", and finally "hey, these guys RAWK!!". I was hooked from that point on.

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted January 04, 2010 23:50     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
now if I could just find that article in guitar player magazine where Chris rants on about how he has the greatest metal vocals ever in the history of the genre...

sucked really cause I like soundgarden but he and Phil seem to be brothers !

been limp ever since...

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted January 05, 2010 00:40     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShredTilDead:

1. Chris said a couple of years ago, after Audioslave, that he didn't want to do Soundgarden again...it was such a cool experience the first time around that he didn't want to fuck up all his good memories with a crappy reunion...

YEAH, the crap part being HIM HAHAHAHA! (speaking of course in THAT tense, not the SG tense)

...And Hyper, you HAVE heard TotD, I am sure

--------------------

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted January 07, 2010 15:13     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I saw Faith No More and Soundgarden opening up for Voivod back in January of 91 at the Paradise in Boston. Soundgarden was much better than I thought they'd be. It was pre-Badmotorfinger (which I thought was just a safe way of saying Badmotherfucker). Yeah, them's good times.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan