my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Speculation on Voivod's future... (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Speculation on Voivod's future...
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted December 18, 2009 11:23     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
At last saturday's show, Marc Vaillancourt (singer for Les Ékorchés, Away's other band) announced that Away would be playing his last show with the band in Febuary. Reason given was that Away would now be concentrating full-time on Voivod.

That's very good news to me. So what's coming up in Voivod's future that we don't already know about (Kreator tour)?

What have they decided? Tour with Jason to play stuff from VV/14/Infini? Try to write new material with Danorama and Blacky? Write and perform a metal musical with Robert Lepage? Go to Vegas and recreate the Voivod universe with Le Cirque du Soleil?

Whatever it is, I sense a very positive vibe in the VV camp and can't wait to see what's next...

Jean-Yves, spill the beans already! Inquiring minds want to know

|  IP: Logged
tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted December 18, 2009 11:46     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just a guess,

I think they are going to record an album in French.

Which would be really cool.

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted December 18, 2009 13:30     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
new stuff with Blacky and Danoman please!!

--------------------

String em up

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted December 18, 2009 15:20     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Personally I would not care about a new cd at all. But the DVOD 2 and 3 and of course another European tour would be

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeaaaaat !!!

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 18, 2009 15:56     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
New CD with Dan & Blacky!!! Would be fantaz'teque!!

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted December 18, 2009 16:44     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yaaaah!
and a UK tour would be nice

--------------------

String em up

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted December 18, 2009 17:25     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Bring it up!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted December 18, 2009 19:44     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
new stuff with Blacky and Danoman please!!

shit you know they been jamming with all that touring and Skul is most likely holding out on any rough boombox sessions from the tour bus/train...

hook a brother up !

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted December 18, 2009 19:53     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
let's have it!!

--------------------

String em up

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 18, 2009 20:27     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
...and Skul is most likely holding out on any rough boombox sessions from the tour bus/train...hook a brother up !

I'm not holding out on anything. Sorry.

RIFLEFIST
VoivodFan
Member # 180

posted December 18, 2009 21:57     Profile for RIFLEFIST   Email RIFLEFIST     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
NEW ALBUM EN FRANCAIS COLISS! Sounds like a plan! Ok, well at least a chorus in french!!or quebequois!TABARN........
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted December 19, 2009 12:23     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I don't think Voivod are going away anytime soon. I didn't think that they would continue without Piggy, but then again, I didn't think they'd find someone with the chemistry that it appears that Dan has.

I'm looking forward to many more years of Voivod. The spirit of Piggy surrounds this band and I feel he is willing it to move forward.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 19, 2009 20:16     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
1)A new album with Blacky and Dan-o would kick ass!!!

2)A massive world tour with Celine Dion & Bryan Adams called The Gods of Canada...

ok just #1 would interest me. Actually anything Voivod plans on doing to continue the legacy is cool in my book

--------------------

yawn

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted December 19, 2009 23:22     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
I'm not holding out on anything. Sorry.

He might not be holding out on anything, but I was told skul once held in a huge fart for almost 2 days... incredible!

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted December 20, 2009 02:33     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:
He might not be holding out on anything, but I was told skul once held in a huge fart for almost 2 days... incredible!

That fart must have been like a nuclear war...

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted December 20, 2009 10:32     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
did he let it out in the bath?

--------------------

String em up

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted December 20, 2009 12:10     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Chemical Warfare!!!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted December 20, 2009 16:23     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Indeed, I can be quite fragrant.
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted December 20, 2009 20:12     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I held in farts for 6 months for the sake of my pompous ex. God it gave me bellyache.

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted December 21, 2009 11:10     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Haha! Thanks for the laughs this Monday Morning. What about sharts?

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted December 21, 2009 13:28     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
... or fanny farts? girls?
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted December 21, 2009 14:45     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

teehee

--------------------

String em up

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted December 22, 2009 02:20     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
I held in farts for 6 months for the sake of my pompous ex. God it gave me bellyache.

Luckily for your belly the current Mr Villain strikes me as the sort of chap who would engage in a spectacular fart-off on the first date. Is this so?

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 22, 2009 08:18     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this thread certainly took a turn off topic

from Voivod's future to farts... interesting very interesting

--------------------

yawn

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted December 22, 2009 09:46     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It's like Blacky took over this thread and goofed it off into oblivion...

But farts apart, I'm so curious to know what's next in the VV saga. To be honest, even considering I'm still extatic that Blacky is back, I'd like to see Jasonic live with the band at least once, playing songs off VV/14/Infini. And while being at it, why not play some tunes off the great Forrest-era albums?

I'm all for the super exciting nostalgic trip we're having right now with Blacky back in the fold, but how long can they ignore all of the other amazing stuff that's been done with Forrest and Newsted? I wanna see that live too! I'd like for Snake to swallow his pride and sing his ass off on Insect or Mercury!!! What about The Lost Machine?

Man, the possibilities are endless. I don't know if egos sometimes get in the way of who plays what, but I think at this point it's mostly about honouring Piggy's musical legacy...

That being said, back to fanny farts. Teehee

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan