my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Here's hoping he kills this dragon...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Here's hoping he kills this dragon...
ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted November 25, 2009 17:34     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
RONNIE JAMES DIO Diagnosed With Stomach Cancer - Nov. 25, 2009
Wendy Dio, the wife and manager of legendary heavy metal vocalist Ronnie James Dio (DIO, HEAVEN & HELL, BLACK SABBATH, RAINBOW), has released the following statement to BLABBERMOUTH.NET:

"Ronnie has been diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer. We are starting treatment immediately at the Mayo Clinic. After he kills this dragon, Ronnie will be back on stage, where he belongs, doing what he loves best, performing for his fans.

"Long live rock and roll, long live Ronnie James Dio.

"Thanks to all the friends and fans from all over the world that have sent well wishes. This has really helped to keep his spirit up."

Ronnie James Dio, 67, has performed with ELF, RAINBOW, BLACK SABBATH, and his own band DIO. Other musical projects include the collective fundraiser "Hear 'n Aid". He is widely hailed as one of the most powerful singers in heavy metal, renowned for his consistently powerful voice and for popularizing the "devil's horns" hand gesture in metal culture. He is currently involved with HEAVEN & HELL, a project which also includes former BLACK SABBATH bandmates Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice. Their first studio album, "The Devil You Know", was released on April 28, 2009.

DIO cancelled its European tour last week after Ronnie was taken ill. The band's lineup for the trek was supposed to include WHITESNAKE/ex-DIO axeman Doug Aldrich due to the fact that the group's regular guitarist, Craig Goldy, had prior touring commitments with BUDGIE in Australia.

DIO's last release was the "Holy Diver Live" CD, featuring a performance of the classic "Holy Diver" album in its entirety, from start to finish, recorded live for the very first time in 2005 in front of a sold-out London crowd.

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

|  IP: Logged
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 25, 2009 17:44     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, hope he pulls through! Saw him a couple of years back and he was on excellent form.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 26, 2009 05:34     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShredTilDead:
The band's lineup for the trek was supposed to include WHITESNAKE/ex-DIO axeman Doug Aldrich due to the fact that the group's regular guitarist, Craig Goldy, had prior touring commitments with BUDGIE in Australia.

So he only had a guitarist? What kinda fucking tour would that be? Fucking Woodstock

Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure Rudy Sarzo is his bass player, and Simon Wright of AC/DC fame is the drummer.

Anyways, I hope he has a speedy recovery.

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 26, 2009 15:47     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What shitty news, hope he pulls through ok.

Was quite recently he gave this interview saying how he never eats vegetables..

--------------------

String em up

Simon6
VoivodFan
Member # 187

posted November 26, 2009 17:36     Profile for Simon6   Email Simon6     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This sucks.

--------------------

What the...?

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted November 26, 2009 17:47     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Head Villain:
Was quite recently he gave this interview saying how he never eats vegetables..

And George Burns chain-smoked (and inhaled I'm sure) cigars up until the day he died at the age of 100.

--------------------

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted November 26, 2009 18:25     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Did he donate his lungs to medical science??

--------------------

String em up

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 26, 2009 22:07     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DAMN... I thought Gods never got sick. Here's hoping the living legend pulls through and is back on stage belting out tunes as only he can and flashing the devil horns again.

--------------------

yawn

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted November 28, 2009 03:48     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Maybe he was 'LOOKing OUT!' the other way

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted November 30, 2009 16:14     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Shitty news. 'Holy Diver' was one of my first ever metal records. Still love it. Hope he does well...

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 01, 2009 10:07     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
DIO was my first 'real' concert. Might as well start with a living legend.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan