my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Infini In Exclaim!'s Top 5 Metal Albums of 2009!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Infini In Exclaim!'s Top 5 Metal Albums of 2009!
Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted November 25, 2009 09:32     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Canada's EXCLAIM! Magazine has just released their 2009 Year In Review issue today and "Infini" was voted the #5 Best Metal Album of 2009 by its writers (except me, I wasn't allowed to vote for them for obvious reasons!)

http://www.exclaim.ca/articles/multiarticlesub.aspx?csid1=139&csid2=864&fid1=42687

5. Voivod - Infini (Sonic Unyon)
Infini ― like every album from Quebec metal legends Voivod ― rocked hard, classy and skilful, but after the last headbang, those heads remained lowered out of respect for the late Piggy, whose last recorded axe work graced this disc. While metalheads await word on the band's future, they can pass the time with this album, which nailed down the straight-ahead punked-up metal that defined the band's Newsted era, while also having enough moments of 'vod dissonance and quirkiness for the old-schoolers.
-Greg Pratt

|  IP: Logged

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan