my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » The Proof

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Proof
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 22, 2009 10:15     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think the main reason why I find BARONESS so freaking exciting now is they are in that moment, standing on the precipice....you know, the moment when a great band is still young, hungry....has just made its breakthrough(not in the commercial sense...but the creation of songs that finally set them apart-they've discovered their sound) album....and is still underground. For guitarfreaks...check out their equipment...Sean and I were amazed by their amps...called Badcats...you can see the logo lit up....fucking incredible tube tone....and check the instruments...I absolutely love the guitar John(the singer) is playing in 'Jake Leg' & 'The Sweetest Curse'. Have no idea what the hell it is. Probably some custom job. Also the playlist order here is well done....'Sweet & Halo' is the more mellow material...emotions build song by song to the amazing climax of 'The Sweetest Curse'(the heaviest/headiest)...those vocal harmonies just slay me every time...........damnation. Probably my favorite song on the album.

BARONESSKILLS

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 22, 2009 13:44     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
so they're in the same situation as when
Voivod created "Dimension Hatross"
Mastodon unleashed " Blood Mountain"
Porcupine Tree unveiled "Signify"

I can see why you'd be going apeshit over them.

--------------------

yawn

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted November 22, 2009 17:32     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Picked this up today, it will now take over my brain.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan