my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » SLAYER - WORLD PAINTED BLOOD (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Author Topic: SLAYER - WORLD PAINTED BLOOD
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 06, 2009 08:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
BLACK BLADE along with the entire Cultosaurus Erectus album has always been hands down my fav BOC masterpiece. I still play the hell out of this album.
I think Birch had a lot to do with the peak of pretty much every band he worked with. He certainly helped create most bands best albums. The list is mind blowing.

--------------------

yawn

|  IP: Logged
anthony
VoivodFan
Member # 292

posted December 06, 2009 12:20     Profile for anthony   Email anthony     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This is the first Slayer I've liked in a long time. I think they really nailed the production and Araya finally got back to his old, non-screaming vocal style.

Yes the solos are terrible, but they always were. Someone should do a remix of all the classic Slayer albums and pull the solos out of them! Sure the songs would be 30 seconds long, but what a glorious 30 seconds.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted December 06, 2009 21:00     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I've never considered Hanneman, King, or Araya great musicians (Lombardo on the other hand is a God) but what they create together is usually unique, and this new one is pure Slayer. I've never considered any of their solos or lead breaks amazing, their lack of style is their style and give them that punk attitude. .
I always thought it was odd Mustaine invited King to play with Megadeth because I don't King could hold a candle to any of the talented axemen who have passed through Megadeth... he certainly doesn't come anywhere close to playing as well and MegaDave, Poland, Freidman, or anyone else .

I just love Slayer when they're SLAYER.
heavy violent obnoxious brutal disgusting revolting pissed-off... METAL

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan