my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » VOIVOD DVD coming November 17th - DETAILS HERE (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: VOIVOD DVD coming November 17th - DETAILS HERE
Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted October 04, 2009 23:11     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
11/17/09

VOIVOD: Tatsumaki Voivod In Japan 2008

List price $14.95 US
------------------------
The first show that the band has ever played in Japan! Killer three-camera shoot originally recorded in 2008 for TV broadcast.

Description:

This is the first show that the band has ever played in Japan! It's a three-camera shoot originally recorded in 2008 for TV broadcast. It features the lineup of Away, Snake, new guitarist Dan Mongrain, and the original bass player Blacky. The setlist consists of material from the first 10 years of the band, some of which has not been played live in 17 years or more!

Track Listing/Features:
VOIVOD
THE PROW
THE UNKNOWN KNOWS
RAVENOUS MEDICINE
OVERREACTION
TRIBAL CONVICTIONS
TORNADO
PANORAMA
NUCLEAR WAR
NOTHINGFACE
BRAIN SCAN
ASTRONOMY DOMINE
Bonus Materials:
-Panorama: Seeking Voivod
-Interview with Dave Grohl
-Live in Quebec City (July 2009)performing: Panorama, Treasure Chase and Tornado
-Tour Slideshow

Other Info:
Label: MVD VISUAL
Genre: Metal
Run Time: 63 mins
Region Code: 0
# of Discs: 1
Audio: 5.1 SURROUND
Producers: JAMES MCLEAN/ED SEAMAN
-----------------------

Clip previously posted in this thread:
http://www.voivodfan.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=004903

All the best,
PAULIE

(And if anyone cares (*ahem*), The Residents are releasing a DVD on the same label the same day. )

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

|  IP: Logged
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted October 05, 2009 03:55     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Pre-order anywhere?
Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted October 05, 2009 04:27     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Here

quote:
Distributed exclusively by MVD

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 05, 2009 04:30     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
YOW!

Gotta link for this stuff?

So what manner of diabolical video madness are The Rezzies secreting this time around?

Bunny Boy live, perhaps?

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted October 05, 2009 04:36     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, Heino.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

Heino
VoivodFan
Member # 160

posted October 05, 2009 04:52     Profile for Heino   Email Heino     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanx to Paul for providing the infos

What a great start in this new week

--------------------

...To The Death
Heino

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted October 05, 2009 10:23     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tangento:
So what manner of diabolical video madness are The Rezzies secreting this time around? Bunny Boy live, perhaps?

There's likely a Bunny Boy Live DVD in the works, but not just yet - This one coming 11/17 is called "Is Anybody Out There?" which will be a compilation of the 60+ episodes of The Bunny Boy, made into a movie of sorts... Some stuff has been edited out, some other stuff will be edited in, to make it flow better as one continuous piece - For the uninitiated, The Bunny Boy internet series was a serial, released three times a week in short episodes, usually a little over 2 minutes each. It's about this crazy-ish guy "Bunny" who's looking for his brother Harvey, and putting together clues he finds here and there, which was done in real-time with assistance from internet viewers who would write him (and he'd write back).

Here's my favorite episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPY7NqBEs-U

Ok, asked and answered, back to VOIVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

-----------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted October 05, 2009 11:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I am all over this!!!!
The extras look cool also, and 5.1 !!!!
HELL YEAH!!!!

--------------------

yawn

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted October 05, 2009 17:42     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does this come with a knitted poncho?

(nice quote Schroe!...now where did I put The Incident?)

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 05, 2009 17:46     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I too shall be buying this like a sad fan.
But only if I get a free hat with it.

--------------------

String em up

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted October 05, 2009 20:25     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, did I call this or what???
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted October 05, 2009 20:33     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Wow, did I call this or what???

Please start calling some more stuff!

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted October 06, 2009 03:03     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Am I excited...? Yes I am!

VOIVOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted October 06, 2009 04:29     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW!!

this will probably feature zinc plated buckets?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted October 06, 2009 10:08     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
great set list!
I only have to skip past 3 songs.

I am going to be looking at Dan to see how accurate he is on the KT tracks.

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted October 06, 2009 16:28     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd be surprised if you found a single slip...Snake wasn't kidding when he said Dan replaced the irreplaceable!

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted October 06, 2009 17:21     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All hail Danoman!

--------------------

String em up

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted October 06, 2009 19:38     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
yeah well I wanna hear him writing material with the guy's first...

cummon Dan throw us a bone ! I know you been twisting up some riffs with Blacky during all this touring

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted October 06, 2009 19:39     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'd just like to point out that I broke this two days before Blabbermouth, thank you. hahaha

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

-----------------

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted October 06, 2009 20:42     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, looking forward to this. Great setlist.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted November 08, 2009 12:44     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got this yesterday at my record store in NJ! What a spectacular DVD! GREAT SHIT! ANOTHER MUST HAVE!

TATSUMAKI? TATSUMAKI!!!!

I am going to watch it again while cleaning the house this afternoon.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 08, 2009 13:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks for the heads up man! I completely forgot about this......now where do I order???
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted November 08, 2009 17:33     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Preordered my copy from Amazon along with the new Company Band cd to qualify for free shipping... hot damn, can't wait to get 'em

--------------------

yawn

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted November 10, 2009 17:16     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Brain Scan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEwTxJobwD8

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

-----------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted November 10, 2009 23:46     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Skimming through the MVD catalog I decided instead of ordering the new Voivod I'd purchase a movie with much greater artistic value: http://mvdb2b.com/b2b/s/HotDogsOnIbizaHotDogsAufIbiza/SM13003

Great soundtrack too...featuring all the hot German singers of the era....

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan