my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » ALLAN HOLDSWORTH In TOWN!!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ALLAN HOLDSWORTH In TOWN!!!
Chewy
VoivodFan
Member # 602

posted September 20, 2009 21:16     Profile for Chewy   Email Chewy     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The LEgendary,
Allan Holdsworth(Gong,Tempest,UK,Solo Artist)

Is Playing in joliette September 24th!!!
Venue:Salle Roland Brunelle(Cegep De joliette)
30$

Its a Must!!!

Be there !!

--------------------

choke cold

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 21, 2009 21:15     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I envy you. I'm sure it will be a jaw dropping experience. ENJOY

--------------------

yawn

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted September 21, 2009 23:20     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
....or you can go see Alan Parsons at the Gulp & Blow just down the street for $5.00

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted September 22, 2009 07:51     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That guy is totally insane. The song Galaxy is nuts. I can barely understand his music to be honest. I think that is his genius, however I could be wrong.
MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted September 23, 2009 01:49     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
He might have the widest wingspan I've ever seen. The guy can cover about 10 frets from pinky to pointer finger. At least that's what it looked like. Amazing talent.

Speaking for amazing guitarists. Just wanted to share with my friends here that I am the proud opening act for the Adrian Belew power trio for the LA performance. Death & Taxes will be opening for them on Oct. 20th. I'm stoked. www.cdbaby.com/deathtaxes2 or check through iTunes (album title is The Alaska 12 Expeditions)

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted September 23, 2009 05:15     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Awesome news Mr Mustard! Wish I could be there for that show.
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 23, 2009 12:31     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow, that is great!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 23, 2009 17:48     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice one, hope it goes well!

--------------------

String em up

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 23, 2009 18:10     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tsawyerfam:
I can barely understand his music to be honest.

Me neither, I haven't been to guitar school.

--------------------

String em up

MeanMrMustard
VoivodFan
Member # 57

posted September 23, 2009 23:45     Profile for MeanMrMustard   Email MeanMrMustard     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for the love guys. wish you guys could make it too! wish me luck! when i dream about the night, it ends with Adrian Belew asking me to be the 3rd guitarist on the next Crimson tour. But I'll let you know if it turns out differently.
AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted September 24, 2009 16:06     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Death & Taxes opening for Mr. Belew! How cool is that. How I wish to be there. A 3-guitar line-up of the mighty Crim would be interesting indeed.

And I need to check some more of that Holdsworth guy also. So far I only know his work on the first UK album and some Soft Machine stuff.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan