my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » DAMN........ (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: DAMN........
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 29, 2009 08:17     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I absolutely love this band:
http://www.myspace.com/yourbaroness

I CANNOT WAIT for the new album...............

|  IP: Logged
Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 09, 2009 14:48     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
new Baroness > new Mastodon

(even im amazed at this math fact)

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 09, 2009 21:05     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wow......really?....I expected it to be good but surpassing that band is pretty wild.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 11, 2009 00:25     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Reducer, buddy.

--------------------

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 11, 2009 14:51     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/09/11/baroness-tour-is-sure-to-be-one-of-the-best-metal-tours-this-fall/

I will be here:
December 11 BARONESS Atlanta,GA The Masquerade (w/ TORCHE, PIG DESTROYER, IRON AGE)
UGH....I used to love the Masquerade. Now that I don't smoke anymore its gonna be an endurance test in that place. Like walking into a huge nicotine cloud.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 11, 2009 17:33     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
no canaduh dates. (don't think they surpass mastadon though...)
Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 11, 2009 18:18     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
i will be working the night of that Atlanta show...

--------------------

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 11, 2009 20:55     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
no canaduh dates. (don't think they surpass mastadon though...)

If Baroness goes to Canada can Voivod come to the states? Someplace close to me preferably.

--------------------

yawn

tsawyerfam
VoivodFan
Member # 992

posted September 13, 2009 11:55     Profile for tsawyerfam   Email tsawyerfam     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
If Baroness goes to Canada can Voivod come to the states? Someplace close to me preferably.

I will head to MD/VA!

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted September 13, 2009 21:37     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So i played the Blue Record. It's good, quite good, but not "Crack The Skye" good.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 14, 2009 18:24     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:
So i played the Blue Record. It's good, quite good, but not "Crack The Skye" good.

What is that good? My album of the year... Porcupine Tree's The Incident didn't even knock it from the #1 spot!!!

--------------------

yawn

warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted September 15, 2009 14:38     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
this sounds like the amboy dukes.
you are all on crack.
Ulcerate has the best cd this year.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted September 15, 2009 18:21     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ahhhh, warcorpse.
Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 15, 2009 20:55     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
didnt warcorpse think Mastodon was stoner rock?

new Baroness reminds me of Torche and the Fucking Champs thrown into a Metallica "...And Justice For All"-era blender.

--------------------

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 15, 2009 22:56     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by warcorpse:

Ulcerate has the best cd this year.

We'll see. The new Porcupine Tree came out today!

warcorpse
VoivodFan
Member # 1

posted September 16, 2009 08:56     Profile for warcorpse   Email warcorpse     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:

Is the Porcupine Tree a childrens book?

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 16, 2009 11:35     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nothingface:

Fuckin' hell yes it did and I lub it!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted September 17, 2009 07:09     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Its good but not that Mastodon(latest)good.
And Mez? where do you discover all this bands? Ok this guys are from your zone, but sometimes you came up with things from the 4th and 5th dimension wtf ... keep them coming.

Ulcerate?checking now

Sean
VoivodFan
Member # 24

posted September 17, 2009 17:00     Profile for Sean   Email Sean     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Baroness is great. Mastodon is great. There are better young bands out there (Revocation is one to watch) but these guys are solid.

Everyone should look out for the new SACRIFICE album "The Ones I Condemn". It's only out on a Brazilian label called Marquee right now, but this and the new Voivod make me proud to be Canadian.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted September 17, 2009 21:26     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hey Nuno buddy! I miss our chats on VVF. I have no time for fun stuff anymore. Just dribble from time to time on the forum here. Funny how everything changes once you get married. And I mean EVERYTHING! Why am I rambling...I have no clue. Maybe because I've had too much wine tonight.
Anyway to your question....I'm always searching for good stuff. Reading a lot of reviews basically from Metalsucks, BBM, Terrorizer, etc....and then trying to turn Schroeder on to it. Now that is the hard part. Hard cause you can't get that bastard to cut off the fucking Porcupine Tree!! Anyway I thought you would want to hear my latest find. I think you can even sing along. Very metal Portugese band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERYKzez97lA&NR=1

I've only heard one Baroness track so far. I'm sure it will be a great album. Also I've experienced them live. GO SEE THEM WHEN THEY COME TO YOUR TOWN.

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted September 18, 2009 03:26     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wtf ! where are all the chicks in this band ???

thanx for the heads-up Mez \m/ though some of the vox reminds me of the Offspring...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Psc7eimMtv0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7-E1qTVJgE

is that a bad thing

nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted September 20, 2009 15:55     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Hey Nuno buddy! I miss our chats on VVF. I have no time for fun stuff anymore. Just dribble from time to time on the forum here. Funny how everything changes once you get married. And I mean EVERYTHING! Why am I rambling...I have no clue. Maybe because I've had too much wine tonight.
Anyway to your question....I'm always searching for good stuff. Reading a lot of reviews basically from Metalsucks, BBM, Terrorizer, etc....and then trying to turn Schroeder on to it. Now that is the hard part. Hard cause you can't get that bastard to cut off the fucking Porcupine Tree!! Anyway I thought you would want to hear my latest find. I think you can even sing along. Very metal Portugese band:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERYKzez97lA&NR=1

I've only heard one Baroness track so far. I'm sure it will be a great album. Also I've experienced them live. GO SEE THEM WHEN THEY COME TO YOUR TOWN.

lol

try this instead PT metal for real:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGwWH7eqpwA&feature=fvst

copy+paste

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted September 20, 2009 18:48     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nunoPT:
lol

try this instead PT metal for real: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGwWH7eqpwA&feature=fvst

Can't get that link to work.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted September 20, 2009 20:02     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mez, you've turned me on to a few bands that made me empty out my wallet to buy their releases. Mastodon and Giraffes being the most recent I think, and after giving the new Porcupine Tree enough plays where I now love the album, it still doesn't knock Mastodon's CTS from the #1 postition for album of the year. Right now I'd probably give the #2 spot to the new THRICE "Beggars" album. PT holds the #3 slot but I'm also totally digging the new Pearl Jam "Backspacer" although I'm sure nobody here gives a fuck about them and think I'm a wuss for still loving them... not that I care what you think about my personal musical tastes.

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted September 21, 2009 19:42     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
hey, Mez...

oct. 17: Baroness and Kylesa at the Jinx, Savannah.

im probably going to this one with Tim. care for a rerun of our last show, haha?

--------------------

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan