my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Jalometalli (Updated again with the Voivod pics) (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Author Topic: Jalometalli (Updated again with the Voivod pics)
vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 17, 2009 05:00     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Blacky helped me out with a press pass for the festival. Thanks man. It was a blast to have the camera in there.
Voivod played at 11pm and it was really difficult conditions for a concert photo noob like myself. Lot's of strong colors and smoke all over the place. So Voivod and Death Angel was the most difficult bands to get good pictures of i'm afraid :-(

Here are the finished Voivod pictures:Voivod at Jalometalli 2009

And the other bands has links under their pictures below.

They gave us a fantastic show. Thank you!

---------------------------------------

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!
- Excellent, then we can attack in any direction!"

|  IP: Logged
DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted August 17, 2009 05:33     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great pics! Thanx for sharing and yes, please come with more like this.

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted August 17, 2009 06:39     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Wish I could have made it. Glad you all had a good time. And bring on the pictures!

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 17, 2009 07:53     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those are amazing shots Uffe.. Wow!
Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 17, 2009 09:16     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ya lucky bastid.

--------------------

String em up

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 17, 2009 09:33     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks doods!

We met Dan in the beer/drink area, where he stayed with us for a while to chat. as others already said, he's a great guy to be around. Luna took a few pics of us with him that i'm sure she will post when she's back home again.

During Voivods meet & greet i asked Blacky if he heard anything about the photo/press pass for me we've been discussing the last weeks. And he said that it should be sorted. I promptly ran out to the press cabin, and yep. There it was . So Vman and me took a cab back to our cabin to pick the gear up. Took over 2000 pics. About half is deleted already. It's a crapshoot in those conditions.

I also had a talk with Chris Baker of Atheist and he asked me if i could send him pics of their set as well. So i have a huge bunch of their gig too. I wish Voivod played at 9pm too because it was so much easier to shoot when there still was some daylight.

The Nifelheim gig was a blast too. They were the most photo friendly damn band ever with their insane spikes and poses haha. Really well played set, and they really impressed us all.

A shame that the VV boys had to head out for Germany straight after the show because it would have been a blast to meet up with them. And then i could also given Blacky that kick in the ass Dan asked us about

A band with great guys giving us a fantastic performance. See you again out there later on.

Oops. vroom in messing with V's account...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 17, 2009 11:10     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those are great pictures Vroom!! So glad to hear you all had a great time. Can't wait to see more.
Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 17, 2009 14:36     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
[QB]Thanks doods!

Luna took a few pics of us with him that i'm sure she will post when she's back home again.

awww. i miss my lunasister! is she safe from all you vikings? come home safe sister! we all miss you! momvod is freakin out! haha just kiddin.
great fotos btw! damn wish i was there!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 17, 2009 14:55     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great snaps mate! Really gutted I couldn't join you now. Sounds like you had a blast. Nice one!
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 17, 2009 18:44     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VOIVOD & DEATH ANGEL!!!

Why can't they tour together close to me?

Awesome photos. Looking forward to seeing more.

--------------------

yawn

Mind Running Slow
VoivodFan
Member # 331

posted August 17, 2009 22:55     Profile for Mind Running Slow   Email Mind Running Slow     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Those photos are fucking beautiful!!!

They all look so sincere, so intese, so dominating! And hav'in a right jolly ol time at that!

I Just watched "Flight 666" The Iron Maidnen film last night, and the whole time I was imagining Voivod!!!!!

And I love how Blacky has been growing his hair back out over the last few years. Takes a lot of bravery to do that!! I wish I could, but I would wind up looking like a guy from Petra or Loverboy in the process!

How cool?, right!! I hope Voivod Mach IV keep it up!!!!!

Oh, and smoke some more pot too.

Juan87
VoivodFan
Member # 87

posted August 18, 2009 00:19     Profile for Juan87   Email Juan87     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
So humble, 'tough shots blah blah blah'...You fuckin nailed it, man!! Thanks for the introspection

--------------------

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 18, 2009 05:14     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
More Pics:

Whiplash

Whiplash pictures link

Atheist

Atheist Pictures link

Nifelheim

Nifelheim Pictures link

More pics of Voivod will be added when i'm back home. Leeching on the Airport connection right now

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 18, 2009 06:17     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Mr. Fondler did a fantastic job with his camera...those pics are so good I'm hesitant to post anything I took with my puny little camera while standing in the audience. I lost my voice and my cheeks hurt after the Voivod set
because I had a big smile on my face through the whole thing The gig was nothing short of amazing!

Here's the photographer extraordinaire in his Voivod tee waiting for the moment superextraordinaire

Snake: "I'm a sick boy!" (Ravenous Medicine)

Snake with a smile on his face

Blacky taking a stroll by the front row

Where's the stage again?

I didn't get any good pics of Dan and Away, they're all a blur of colours because my camera couldn't handle the bright stage lights and because of slight moisture on the camera lens (possibly coming from a bottle of water a certain French-Canadian artist sent flying into my general direction during the set) Vroom's got tons though so nothing was lost.

Death Angel were also very good and the new guys did a great job...seeing Atheist and Agent Steel made my day also. Paradox and Rage were both pretty much unknown to me but they made an impression, tight sets and good songs. Nifelheim had me smiling too, not entirely because of their music...

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted August 18, 2009 06:53     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
I'm hesitant to post anything I took with my puny little camera

Don't worry, because it isn't the size of the tool you use, but how you use it....

Those pics are fine to me!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 18, 2009 08:27     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
those pics are truly badass.

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 18, 2009 08:35     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Ah and i'm glad you guys managed to have fun without me. hehe!

These are such great pictures!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 18, 2009 11:03     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBC:
Don't worry, because it isn't the size of the tool you use, but how you use it....

Those pics are fine to me!

Haha! Thanks everybody, glad you like them. It was a bit tight spot to take pics from with people being pushed, flying and running into all directions around me...and the air was full of hands too

Here's three more leetel pics...salut Dan! \m/

Vroom, Dan & me

me (yes I love seeing my own face on the net), Dan & Luna

The voivodettes - U, Luna and Meg

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

hypergrrl
VoivodFan
Member # 16

posted August 18, 2009 16:51     Profile for hypergrrl   Email hypergrrl     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's a long way from Seattle! Good to see Luna and Meg together again. And U is your wife? Excuse my ignorance, please!

All the same, thanks for sharing the pictures!!

Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 18, 2009 17:53     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep, she's my better half. She doesn't have am account here though so it's no wonder you didn't know her

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 18, 2009 19:56     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Damn, Agent Steel & Rage also played!!!!???

That's what a metal festival is all about. Nothing this cool comes through the states. Are metal fests are filled with nu-metal twats, hasbeens and wannabes.

Aside from the Priest - Heaven & Hell & Testament tour... which I fuckin missed because I'm a looser. But still that's only 3 bands and doesn't qualify as a festival.

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 18, 2009 20:20     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Väinämöinen:
those pics are so good I'm hesitant to post anything I took with my puny little camera.

quote:
Originally posted by DBC:
Don't worry, it isn't the size of the tool you use, but how you use it.

bullshit ! it is how long you take to develop it... (hang time)

thanks for the cool pics, excellent quality.

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted August 18, 2009 22:44     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi everybody, we're back to Montreal till the next trip, this one was pretty nuts, we took 12 flights in 12 days, playing with Down and Danava was a challenge and lots of fun. Seeing Luna, Meg and Ulf in Oulu was way too short but still sweet, I wish we could have spend more time there but we had to be at the airport around 5am the next morning, so you can imagine how freakin tied we were for the Summer Breeze. Still I enjoy every moment.

Thank you all for your support.

vroomfondel
VoivodFan
Member # 139

posted August 19, 2009 07:03     Profile for vroomfondel   Email vroomfondel     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Final Voivod pictures from Jalometalli

--------------------

"Sir, we are surrounded!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 19, 2009 22:42     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Amazing set of photos Vroom. Thanks for posting them for all of us... especially for those like myself who didn't get to witness the phenomena in person.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET
This topic is comprised of pages: 1 2

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan