my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Bloodstock

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bloodstock
Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 13, 2009 08:13     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm getting married in a couple of weeks and as a stag do my band are taking me here this evening!

My first bone fide metal festival, and I'm looking forward to seeing Carcass for the first time ever.

Also Saxon, Sodom, Kreator, ~Candlemass and of course the Sunday night WTF 'who booked this?' headliner Europe!!!

par-par-par parrrr ... par-par-par-par-parrrr (if they don't open with that one let there be a rain of piss-cups and poo-socks)

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 13, 2009 13:12     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Sounds like a huge amount of fun.....going to a European metal festival has always been a dream of mine.

And congrats on getting married(again)! Here's my wedding gift to you:

James Murphy covering Al Dimeola's famous tune:
http://invisibleoranges.com/audio/RACEWITHDEVIL_JAMESMURPHY.mp3

shargraves
VoivodFan
Member # 575

posted August 13, 2009 15:02     Profile for shargraves   Email shargraves     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
carcass are good live - been on their guesty a fewtimes

congrats!!

but beware farking europe - I went with a mate for his birthday - tedious as anything - I don't like them on the best of ays - but 2 hours into the show and they play it as the last sodding tune.

It was horrible - truly truly horrible!! LOL!!

enjoy ironically!

--------------------

Steven Hargraves
Rhythm Guitar in Monstrance
https://www.facebook.com/monstranceofficial

Slugaloo
VoivodFan
Member # 344

posted August 13, 2009 19:30     Profile for Slugaloo   Email Slugaloo     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
well well, congrats then! and my condolences for having Europe headline what looks like a great festival! bummer man!

--------------------

theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 13, 2009 21:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congrats on the future vow exchanges. May you spend an eternity in marital bliss.

DAMN!!!! there's a shit load of bands playing. I still don't know if I could or would want to last through any festival of this magnitude... but it does sound like fun. Hope you have a great time at Bloodstok and even a better time being married.

Europe... I can't believe they get headline status, I did think they even had any fans left.

--------------------

yawn

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 17, 2009 10:04     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Without a hint of a lie nor irony, Europe played the best gig I've ever seen in my life! (and I was sober...)

Cradle of Filth (saturdays headliners) were bottled off stage the night before - actually, the set featured many piss-iles but it was a giant gobstopper sweetie that downed the guitarist that made them leave. No other band had things thrown at them at Bloodstock, far as I know.

So Sunday night had thousands of people waiting to see a trainwreak but Europe just came on and did they're straightforward UFO-alike rock for three tense, subdued and seemingly out of place songs. Five songs in and that luminous teeth'd swedish fucker had us all eating out of his hand and screaming for songs we didn't know.

Of course, the encore - the front rows shouting 'play the one we know! play the one we know!' and then THOSE notes kicked in all of a sudden there appeared before me, as if to a grand plan, a crush of people going OUTWARDS to form a giant empty circle (about Ø10 meters) and the crowd held its breath and didnt move. then! in comes the rest of the band playing The Final Countdown and there came to pass the most absurdly happy double-decker circle pit/mass crowd surf that has ever happened at a UK metal festival.

Fuck me, what a world class act.

Carcass were sublime, also. And Arch Enemy were pretty good even though I'm no fan. Everyone else was just alright - theres only so many double kick drum'd songs with singers shouting the F word you can take before it becomes extremely dull.

--------------------

KnickerZohnonnof
VoivodFan
Member # 272

posted August 17, 2009 11:10     Profile for KnickerZohnonnof   Email KnickerZohnonnof     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Why were CoF bottled off the stage? Saw them at Hellfest just 2 months back and they really kicked serious ass. In fact its the best I've seen CoF play for many years. Very strange, I know they attract morons who heckle Dani at every opportunity but that's pretty savage.

Carcass...oh yeah, they are brutal live and their moshpits are of equal measure

Europe played at Hellfest too, but I found it far too cheesy and tedious.

I was thinking about going to Bloodstock but funds became an issue so had to give it a miss.

--------------------

Hail Santa...

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 17, 2009 13:54     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I think CoF are just a band that have always attracted idiot hecklers. It was either 17 year old hardcore-chavs or old crusty punks with pissy trousers.

It was pretty serious actually, the gobstopper was about the size and weight of a cricket ball (for the yanks here - just imagine a red tennis ball made of cement) and it got him on the temple. Not right!

I wouldn't say Carcass were brutal - too many bands there just did 'brutal' and that was tedious. Carcass were something else, very clear and precise but with way more feeling than... well... Kreator.

Maybe Europe were so good because literally everyone watching them thought they'd fall on their ass, or worse get bottled of the stage and into waiting ambulances like the previous headliners. But those plucky millionaires pulled it off and everyone went home happy.

--------------------

Tangento
VoivodFan
Member # 117

posted August 17, 2009 17:12     Profile for Tangento   Email Tangento     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LMFAO at "old crusty punks with pissy trousers".

Seriously.

My gut hurts from that.

I'm shocked and saddened to hear your report that Kreator was somehow torn to shreds by ::gulp:: Europe, but it's nice to hear you enjoyed the pre-nup festivities. Congrats on tying the noos... I mean KNOT there, Emlyn. My best to you both.

--------------------

"You have the option to drill additional holes in the label,
causing the record to rotate off the side of the turntable"

-Tom Ellard - Severed Heads

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 17, 2009 18:39     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
WOW!!!! That was shocking to read. The band everyone thought shouldn't be there, schooled them all!!!

Revenge of the hair bands!!!

I can see where watching so many bands doing the same style, same genre of music could get very monotonous. Only those that are very unique and different would stand out.

--------------------

yawn

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted September 01, 2009 15:53     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Congratulations ya old git!
Here he is with the blushing bride.

--------------------

String em up

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted September 03, 2009 17:04     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
haha!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted September 06, 2009 04:29     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I guess this is just after we all did a round of poppers, which drew dodgy looks from the establishment harharhar!

All the old ladies loved his hair.

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan