my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » For US Fans..........

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For US Fans..........
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 12, 2009 07:57     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Of course we're all hoping that the VV guys will realize that they do have a ton of fans here in the states who'd love to see them....So my question is who would you like to see them play with should the opportunity arise???

Here's my pick: MEGADETH/SLAYER/VOIVOD

Unfortunately it sounds like there's little chance of even a Megadeth/Slayer tour happening here: http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/08/11/megaslayer-tour-coming-to-america-after-all/#more-18979

(Note to H....this link is totally wigger-free)

|  IP: Logged
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 12, 2009 08:49     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Better than Megadeth/Slayer...........instead of touring with dinosaurs wouldn't it make more sense to go out with some of the young guns???

Like this band for instance who's new record drops October 3rd:
http://www.myspace.com/yourbaroness

Schroeder, do you know these guys??? Thought you might have seen them on the last Clutch tour. I can't say enough good things about'em.

Course we'd still need a really big name on the ticket to draw the kids....who..who...who.....???

[I'm still fucking butthurt I wasn't able to make the Finland trip.....so that's why I'm so obsessed by this topic].

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 12, 2009 19:31     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I honestly hate when classic trash bands from back in the day hook up with 4 - 6 new bands from today. Give me a tour with the guys who invented the genre and let these young fuckers watch and learn from the pit. I backed out on the 6 hours of driving to see Death Angel primarily because there were 4 opening bands who I had no fuckin interest in seeing and who all sounded the same (shit) from the stuff I subjected my ears to on MySpace.

I'd rather see Voivod hook up with Megadeth / Slayer or any other great band from the 80's early 90's that's still around. How about Testament / Death Angel / Voivod all bands getting equal playing time of course. Overkill & Voivod would be cool. There's still plenty of bands from the day that annihilate these young bands that would make an excellent package event.

KING CRIMSON & VOIVOD!!!!

Baroness didn't play with Clutch when I saw them, unfortunatley. Listening to them now... and they would have been better than the 2 local bands I was subjected to.

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 12, 2009 20:32     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
VoiVod eats kids !

ALICE IN CHAINS/FAITH NO MORE/VOIVOD

(concentrate)... Aum...

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted August 13, 2009 02:36     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
VoiVod eats kids !

A lot of people can't handle the mighty Voivod

My pick would be Megadeth/Death Angel/Voivod when it should be a big venue. Testament/DBC/Nuclear Assault/Crumbsuckers etcetera instead of Megadeth would do it for me too..

edit: only US?? wtf? It's still early in Europe.....

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted August 13, 2009 12:07     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
> KING CRIMSON & VOIVOD!!!!

Now THAT would be incredible. Too bad it probably won't ever happen.

One thing that DID happen, a few years ago, was King Crimson opening for Tool. I still wish I could've seen that.

Which leads me to...

TOOL & VOIVOD!

...which I'd attend in a heartbeat, even if their only show was in, say, Mozambique.

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

Maldororz
VoivodFan
Member # 186

posted August 13, 2009 13:05     Profile for Maldororz   Email Maldororz     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
MOZAMBIQUE ROCKS!!!!111
K
VoivodFan
Member # 6

posted August 13, 2009 18:39     Profile for K   Email K     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod / E-Force / EOLB

That would be great.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 13, 2009 20:51     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Oh hell man....I think you just nailed it!! There was movement in my pants when I read that.
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 13, 2009 21:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
VoiVod eats kids !

ALICE IN CHAINS/FAITH NO MORE/VOIVOD

(concentrate)... Aum...

That'll work also!! Just like the Soundgarden / FNM / Voivod tour from years ago that I'm still kicking myself for missing.

There's so many great possible combinations that could be huge with bands that have been together for 15+ years. Toss EOLB into any of those equations and I'd be happy as hell.

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted August 14, 2009 00:18     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod / Motorhead / The Sword
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted August 14, 2009 02:56     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod - Project:Failing Flesh -EOLB

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted August 14, 2009 05:03     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mezcalhead:
Oh hell man....I think you just nailed it!! There was movement in my pants when I read that.

Well I hope you wiped and washed yer hands.

--------------------

String em up

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted August 14, 2009 05:58     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Toss EOLB into any of those equations and I'd be happy as hell.

We're always happy to get tossed anywhere!

I'd be chuffed to see a Voivod headline show. These little 30-40 min sets ain't enough! I want MORE!! And EOLB to open.

Paulie 88
VoivodFan
Member # 775

posted August 16, 2009 01:34     Profile for Paulie 88   Email Paulie 88     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Voivod and The Residents!

All the best,
PAULIE

--------------------

Voivoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood!
-----------------
DIMESLAND http://youtu.be/2LtFOX6JdVo

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 18, 2009 08:09     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
w/ Mastodon/ Clutch/ Slough Feg.

i just made myself sad because it wont happen, ha~

--------------------

www.myspace.com/mastersofpunkrock

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted August 19, 2009 22:53     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cthon:
w/ Mastodon/ Clutch/ Slough Feg.

i just made myself sad because it wont happen, ha~

you can't get in trouble for dreaming though.
Looks like I need to hear what Slough Feg sounds like.

--------------------

yawn

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 20, 2009 09:25     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
you can't get in trouble for dreaming though.
Looks like I need to hear what Slough Feg sounds like.

http://www.myspace.com/sloughfeg

so good.

--------------------

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted August 20, 2009 12:43     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

jf
VoivodFan
Member # 645

posted August 20, 2009 23:53     Profile for jf   Email jf     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote

No one, really? it'd be a great gig.

--------------------

(11) Le texte original dit quatorze, mais maintes raisons invitent à supposer que, dans la bouche d'Astérion, ce nombre représente l'infini.

Cthon
Member # 156

posted August 21, 2009 08:16     Profile for Cthon   Email Cthon     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jf:

No one, really? it'd be a great gig.

i'd be there.

--------------------

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan