my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Wishful thinking?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Wishful thinking?
ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted August 07, 2009 20:32     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was looking at voivod.com recently, and something caught my eye:

"Mach 5, Piggy willing, will be with Jason banging out the songs they have never played live from Katorz and Infini as well as some gems from 2003’s Voivod record they did play on Ozzfests, an Ozzy tour and a Sepultura tour. Newsted the crazy metal loving hyper active bass monster played 4 hours a night during Ozzfest a fact that should be contemplated more, he was playing bass for Ozzy too and Ozzy was hell bent on playing the longest sets of his career, Jason raced from an intense Voivod set every night to get ready for the headline set with Ozzy, could you have done that? Only a man with his experience, super human strength and passion could have. Mach 5 could happen anytime and why not?"

First off, it's "Mark", not "Mach".

But more importantly, the band as it is currently touring right now is apparently better than ever. So why mess with success?

I dig Jason, and thank him for all his efforts, but this quote (and indeed the entire voivod.com site) is just weird. As in, "not facing reality".

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

|  IP: Logged
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted August 08, 2009 12:58     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShredTilDead:
...Jason raced from an intense Voivod set every night to get ready for the headline set with Ozzy, could you have done that? Only a man with his experience, super human strength and passion could have.

So the voivod.com board is still over-run with displaced Metallica fans?

To answer his question, YES, I could do that, and still have enough energy to tackle a busload of groupies... every night.
Leave it to this guy and folklore will have it that Jason changed clothes in a phone booth between sets.

Jason is the Magnus Ver Magnusson of the the bass world!

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted August 09, 2009 20:31     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Is voivod.com run by that Yuri guy - the same one that runs voivod.net? That may explain all the breathless adoration then. That'll teach me to stray too far from voivodfan.com.

<vomit />

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan