my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Hatröss DEMOS master tape

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hatröss DEMOS master tape
saegeas
VoivodFan
Member # 1071

posted August 06, 2009 19:35     Profile for saegeas   Email saegeas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi VVois/VVians,

I'm wondering if the band have possession of the Hatröss Demos? I was thrilled to find these here, but they're only 128 kbps MP3s, and it might also be possible to get better transfers from the tape. Found some 192 kbps (except for Cosmic Drama), but I'm not sure they're really any better.

Anyone know if better digital versions exist? Anyone know where the originals are? Anyone know anything more about these? I think I prefer the demos to the release, which makes these probably my favorite album of alltime. Searched the forum for demo, démo and their plurals but couldn't find more info. (voivod.net is down last time I thought to search there...).

|  IP: Logged
saegeas
VoivodFan
Member # 1071

posted August 06, 2009 19:54     Profile for saegeas   Email saegeas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Just donated $25 ... well worth it, even just considering these demos!
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 06, 2009 23:36     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
unfortunately lawyers or a large sum of money (most likely both) will be needed in obtaining the masters to D.H.

I was ready to picket outside their offices long ago... anyone still with me ?

saegeas
VoivodFan
Member # 1071

posted August 06, 2009 23:42     Profile for saegeas   Email saegeas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm talking just the demos however ... are those also the property of, erm, Noise I guess it is? I would picket for those, since the original tapes must be of higher sound quality than the versions currently circulating!

P.S. Is this animated avatar going to be too annoying?

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted August 07, 2009 14:46     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
unfortunately lawyers or a large sum of money (most likely both) will be needed in obtaining the masters to D.H.

I was ready to picket outside their offices long ago... anyone still with me ?

I believe he means better masters of the demos at a higher quality.

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted August 07, 2009 20:44     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I dont remember who submitted them, so whoever did it could perhaps provide a higher bitrate rip or something. That'd be nice.
saegeas
VoivodFan
Member # 1071

posted August 07, 2009 22:11     Profile for saegeas   Email saegeas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They were posted by "VOIVOD MANIAC", I've had no luck finding a post by this person (so I could PM). And given the scarcity of their posts, they would not likely notice a PM.

I've read that the A Flawless Structure? live recording from the Hatröss era is very good, maybe I should focus on finding that. If anyone has it, drop me a PM and maybe we can work something out!

Voivod Maniac
VoivodFan
Member # 337

posted August 08, 2009 02:23     Profile for Voivod Maniac   Email Voivod Maniac     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I'm here. I changed my name for Duc. A long time ago. I still have the tape somewhere. But I doubt that the quality would be better even at 192kbps. It's a third generation copy of which dates of 1986-87!

Duc

--------------------

To The Death!

saegeas
VoivodFan
Member # 1071

posted August 08, 2009 02:57     Profile for saegeas   Email saegeas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi Duc! As you may have gathered, I really appreciate your having posted that, and I'm glad of the chance to tell you!!

I imagine the original tape is in much better shape. I wonder if the rights to the demos belong to Noise? I suspect they do, or we would likely have seen some on the D-V-O-D-1. Here's hoping that they're released soon....

saegeas
VoivodFan
Member # 1071

posted August 08, 2009 04:38     Profile for saegeas   Email saegeas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
And actually I think a higher bitrate would be worth it; with 128 kbps you do introduce MP3-type artifacts in addition to the tape distortion.

I'm puzzled about the other set of 192 kbps out there, which sound really similar to these. In fact, I took a look at the leader at the start of the two versions of Psychic Vacuum out there (your 128 kbps "08-PSYCHIC.mp3" and the 192 kbps "07 Psychic Vaccum.mp3", note the spelling hee hee!) and the waveforms look really close:

http://imagemoo.com/images/tapeleaderidentpngzz19.png

But the amount of leader isn't the same between the two versions! I guess all that noise was present in one your common sources? Nifty.

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted August 08, 2009 08:58     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Does anyone have the Spectrum demo with the lost track Anomalies by Piggy & Blacky?

JUDGE FARGO
VoivodFan
Member # 250

posted August 08, 2009 09:01     Profile for JUDGE FARGO   Email JUDGE FARGO     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Don't worry I found the Spectrum demo here:

SPECTRUM

saegeas
VoivodFan
Member # 1071

posted August 08, 2009 11:53     Profile for saegeas   Email saegeas     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Thanks, but ... only song on there later than KT is Tribal Convictions. Well, no counting Batman anyway.
Psychic / Vacuum
Junior VoivodFan
Member # 1111

posted June 08, 2010 08:13     Profile for Psychic / Vacuum   Email Psychic / Vacuum     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Hi there, does anyone own the physical version of the "Spectrum" tape? I was looking for more pictures!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan