my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Metalsucks Reviews INFINI

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Metalsucks Reviews INFINI
Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 29, 2009 10:52     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/07/29/voivod-go-out-in-reliable-fashion-on-infini/#more-18384

I thought they pretty much nailed it on the head....except that IMO the first couple of songs are the best. "GodPhones" rules!

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 29, 2009 11:36     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Nice, here's my fave line:
In a genre as rigid as prog rock, it’s interesting to see a guitarist like D’Amour prove that he has a pelvis.

That and the ..."of Echobrain bassist/general noboby"...haha! There's your new tag line vman.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

ShredTilDead
VoivodFan
Member # 392

posted July 30, 2009 01:32     Profile for ShredTilDead   Email ShredTilDead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
This one is better - from the comments section after the review:

"...and then having Blackie pass me by and head straight over to the big haired women near their bus. i should have kicked his little ass!"

--------------------

My head explodes, my ears ring, I can't remember just where I've been.

blacky
VoivodFan
Member # 2

posted August 03, 2009 12:34     Profile for blacky   Email blacky     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ShredTilDead:
This one is better - from the comments section after the review:

"...and then having Blackie pass me by and head straight over to the big haired women near their bus. i should have kicked his little ass!"

Anger still, that's good. Sorry dude, I should have notice you with your half-head shaved

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 03, 2009 14:34     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It wasn't me what posted that. But if Blacky walked right past me after a VV gig back in the day when I had my half-head-shave in favour of meeting a big-haired woman standing by his tour bus, I would just assume he didn't see me because I am exactly half Blacky's height.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Emlyn K Helicopter
VoivodFan
Member # 44

posted August 03, 2009 14:38     Profile for Emlyn K Helicopter   Email Emlyn K Helicopter     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Regarding these comments after the reviews - why the hell does anyone bother posting such things as 'I've heard of them but, like, (shrug) I don't think I've ever heard them.'

What an utterly redundant thing to type, to put your name to (albeit behind a nickname), what a useless pointless self-defeating negative effort to share with the world!

I say, I appear to have gone all Robert Fripp about this.

--------------------

Der der der-der DER! Der der der-der DER! DER!

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted August 03, 2009 19:03     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I blame the parents
nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted August 05, 2009 02:28     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
I blame the parents

Great answer!

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan