my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Could...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Could...
Väinämöinen
VoivodFan
Member # 27

posted July 18, 2009 20:19     Profile for Väinämöinen   Email Väinämöinen     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
...someone please kill everyone who still uses the long obsolete suffix "of Metallica" when mentioning Jasonic's name (check the Relapse banner on the VVF front page). Aargh. Thank you.

--------------------

Tomorrow is the fear
Tomorrow disappears
Tomorrow is the fear
We are connected...

|  IP: Logged
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 18, 2009 21:45     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
LMAO!!!! I think Newsted will alway have that tag... for better or worse, it's part of who he is.

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted July 19, 2009 21:23     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I agree that its part of who he is, but I too am tired of having to read it in reference to Voivod all the time now.

In addition, I don't think anyone needs to be told where Jason came from. If they are reading something that contains his name, I'm sure they are already familiar with Metallica.

At what point in his solo career did the media stop printing the "of the Jackson Five" reminder?

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 20, 2009 10:34     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
the media doesn't give it's audience enough credit to know what they are reading about, when actually they are the stupid ones.

it would be nice to hear Jason "of the world famous metal pioneering band Voivod" instead, since I think being a member of Voivod allowed him the freedom to be more of a musician and not a puppet with Jamez and Larz pulling his strings.

As long as those Metalli-royalties keep coming in it'll be worth the moniker.

--------------------

yawn

pppaaaüüülll
VoivodFan
Member # 13

posted July 20, 2009 13:01     Profile for pppaaaüüülll   Email pppaaaüüülll     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
On the other hand,.....

it gives the Metalli-camp the Voivod word everytime Metallica is mentioned. --> $ ?

--------------------

trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr
trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr ta trrrrr

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 20, 2009 18:49     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
I think being a member of Voivod allowed him the freedom to be more of a musician and not a puppet with Jamez and Larz pulling his strings.

well you know what they say about abuse... which always had me wondering/suspicious if Jasonic himself would in turn try to string up the guys, considering the change in direction with the release of the self-titled.

DO UNTO OTHERS AS THEY'VE DONE TO YOU !!!

it's not over yet

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan