my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » Québec city show

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Québec city show
SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted July 17, 2009 10:36     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Looking forward to seeing some of you guys tonight...im so fucking pumped !!

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

|  IP: Logged
Syl Disjonk
VoivodFan
Member # 148

posted July 17, 2009 13:29     Profile for Syl Disjonk   Email Syl Disjonk     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
SEE YA THERE !!!!

--------------------

Remembered in space....
to the DEATH...... et à l'INFINI
www.disjonk.com
Ethereal Chrysalis

VOIVOD tribute video We Are Connected

VOIVOD: Kluskap O' Kom music video

ETHEREAL CHRYSALIS - Lovecraftian fantastic short film directed by Syl Disjonk

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 17, 2009 13:57     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Yep - see ya there!!
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted July 17, 2009 21:18     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I checked into the same hotel as Blacky earlier this afternoon. I was at the front desk and there he was with nia checking in. What a weird coincidence!

See you all l8er

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 19, 2009 20:36     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that was a weird hotel. very....modular.

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted July 19, 2009 22:35     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
but did you like the "blacky" bathroom?

funny thing again is that i checked out at the same time as the whole band. the night before i saw the band onstage, the next morning i'm waiting outside for my car exactly 2 feet away from the guys (and a few voivodettes!) if i hadn't been already busy with my 3 kids, i might have said hi or something... but i'm so not a groupie, i prefered to leave 'em alone...

blah blah blah (is that all you say?), the show was great, the crowd was insane and 100% into it. tons of sing alongs, cheering and sweating...

and it's almost official, blacky called dan MONGOon stage. when is the official announcement?

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 20, 2009 06:46     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
you should have said hi, we could have met your kids!!

i took my sister in law to the show, her first metal show ever (she's a country music kind of gal who grew up very Christian) and she "didn't hate it as much as she thought she would."

Head Villain
VoivodFan
Member # 524

posted July 20, 2009 07:24     Profile for Head Villain   Email Head Villain     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Aww. I dragged my sister off to see Voivod on the Outer Limits tour, she enjoyed it too.
I think we were the only birds there though!

--------------------

String em up

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 20, 2009 14:44     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
It was incredible. Like i've said numerous times afterwards, this was quite possibly (!) the best Voivod gig i've ever seen. I mean the band is always great, but for instance at Woodstock en Beauce there was a lot of people but that crowd wasn't nearly as fucking psycho as in Québec! The moshpit during Ravenous Medicine had to be seen to be believed!

SpeedDemon and I saw a guy faint twice. Heh.

So a packed house, a young and crazy audience, and a band that's having a blast = EPIC WIN!

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted July 20, 2009 15:06     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great to read! Do you guys have some pics?

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 20, 2009 18:15     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Skulhed:

SpeedDemon and I saw a guy faint twice. Heh.

Fainted out of excitement? Damn, that is crazy and sounds like a blast!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 20, 2009 18:26     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Luna:
Fainted out of excitement?

possibly from exhaustion due to a lively pit...

Skul, any chance of some audio from the show ?

SpeeDDemoN
VoivodFan
Member # 669

posted July 20, 2009 19:25     Profile for SpeeDDemoN   Email SpeeDDemoN     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that was a amazing show indeed ! up there with the Heavy mtl fest ! and I dont remember seeing a guy faint twice in a minute before...it was great !

--------------------

only flowers remain...flowers to step on...flowers to burn...

Skul
VoivodFan
Member # 19

posted July 20, 2009 20:00     Profile for Skul   Email Skul     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hatross:
Skul, any chance of some audio from the show ?

No.

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 20, 2009 22:19     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DBC:
Great to read! Do you guys have some pics?

fred laroche's photos are on the capitale du metal site: http://www.capitaledumetal.com/cdm/site//accueil/gallery_voivod_17072009

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted July 21, 2009 02:27     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nia:
fred laroche's photos are on the capitale du metal site: http://www.capitaledumetal.com/cdm/site//accueil/gallery_voivod_17072009

Thanx!

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

nia
VoivodFan
Member # 9

posted July 21, 2009 05:40     Profile for nia   Email nia     Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
more photos
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 21, 2009 06:14     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
great pics, thanks.
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted July 21, 2009 08:48     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
What else does a fan need? 'nuff said...

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan