my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » FNM @ Download 2009

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FNM @ Download 2009
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted July 16, 2009 09:37     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Fuck yeah! So glad to see them back in action, next to this is one of my favorite bands...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6ArofGsUNk

So far only touring Europe this summer. Fingers crossed for a North American fall tour

|  IP: Logged
Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 16, 2009 11:26     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I missed the Faith No More boat back in the day, but jeebus do I love Mike Patton...Good lord, he is soo fuckin' amazing.

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

h
VoivodFan
Member # 8

posted July 16, 2009 13:41     Profile for h   Email h     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
They were f'kin excellent that night.

Kinda like Alice in Chains, I prefer their later, less pop work. The last FNM & AIC records seem waaaaay darker to me. Probably why they were less popular!

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 16, 2009 17:57     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Album of the Year & King for a Day... are hands down brilliant masterpieces. I hope to hell they record a new album and release a dvd from this tour.

--------------------

yawn

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 16, 2009 18:56     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
wicked...

I think the guitarist is from 'Within Temptation'

DBC
VoivodFan
Member # 350

posted July 17, 2009 02:38     Profile for DBC   Email DBC     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Great! Thanx for the link.

Reminds me, from the stageenergy kanda way, at the old days, when they were playing in small venues, before they scored their first hit.

Pre last gig they gave before the collapse was very shitty, because of the tensions on stage.....

Great to see them like this again and I hope they will go on for some time.

MP says some funny things

--------------------

Travel now, journey infinitely

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted July 17, 2009 10:12     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by schroeder:
Album of the Year & King for a Day... are hands down brilliant masterpieces.

QFT!!!

Mike Patton is a fucking mad scientist musical genius. If you search for "Faith No More Download 2009" on Youtube, there are numerous other clips from that show. Awesome!

Luna
VoivodFan
Member # 389

posted July 17, 2009 11:07     Profile for Luna   Email Luna     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ynys Trebes:

Mike Patton is a fucking mad scientist musical genius.

Indeed!

--------------------

What the fuck is wrong with drinking tea?

Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey
VoivodFan
Member # 65

posted July 17, 2009 15:08     Profile for Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey   Email Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I got to see FNM open for Voivod back in '90 on the Real Thing tour. Pretty damn cool. Even cooler was that Voivod was touring for Nothingface.

Oh yeah, and Soundgarden opened for both of them. HAHA *Nelson from the Simpsons*

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 17, 2009 18:35     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delightful Little Capuchin Monkey:
I got to see FNM open for Voivod back in '90 on the Real Thing tour. Pretty damn cool. Even cooler was that Voivod was touring for Nothingface.

Oh yeah, and Soundgarden opened for both of them. HAHA *Nelson from the Simpsons*

I'm still kicking myself for missing that tour!!!
FNM did a cool cover of Nestle's White Chocolate jingle when I saw them on the Real Thing tour... fuckin brilliant

--------------------

yawn

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted July 17, 2009 21:38     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I was at the Montréal show of this tour in 89 (or was it 90?). We were in the line-up outside the Spectrum, leaning against one of the 3 tourbuses, when suddenly the door of the bus swings out madly and hits me right behind the head. Out comes a very sorry Mike Patton asking me if I'm ok! Funny thing is at the time I had no clue who Patton was...
schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 18, 2009 18:28     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
That's a funny story... to think if you knew it was Mike you probably could have worked something out, like backstage passes to make up for him assaulting you!!!

--------------------

yawn

Slaytanic
VoivodFan
Member # 28

posted July 20, 2009 20:58     Profile for Slaytanic   Email Slaytanic     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
Good quality.

Great show, wish I'd been there!

--------------------

"Forty-five moments of perfection translated through a cautionary escape into the perils of the mundane, the inherent entropy in ultimate order, and the potential threats of eternal, unchecked apathy in civilization; all cloaked in musical expression so thoughtful, creative and forward thinking that almost a quarter-century later, few can even comprehend it, much less match it." (autothrall)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 21, 2009 10:01     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
thanks for the link Slay... i've got it burned onto cdr and dying to listen to it. terrific choice of cover songs REUNITED to open the show with... a perfect FNM rendition.

--------------------

yawn

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan