my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
»  VoivodFan   » Cosmic Drama   » New Alice in Chains track...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Alice in Chains track...
Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted July 14, 2009 16:19     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
First single from upcoming new album due in September.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w98ht7j4i4Q

Still sounds like Alice in Chains, new singer sounds good although I'm not sure if he's trying to sound like Staley or that's his real voice. But it works for me, looking forward to hear the whole album...

|  IP: Logged
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 14, 2009 19:25     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
that'll work... sounds to me like the new singer is trying to sound similar to Lane, I have had no problems with him though. If you watch the Rock Am Ring show he is actually pretty excellent (covering all old songs in 2006) It will be good to hear this album with his own lyrical content.

similar ? i guess it's for us fans to decide.

this is pretty hard to beat

he must have been a big fan before joining...

rock am ring 2006

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 14, 2009 20:49     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I listened to this a week or so ago and was damn impressed. Sounds like AIC for sure. I wonder if they got the new singer from and AIC tribute band... just like how Judas Priest found Ripper Owens. However they got him, it works for me and I'm looking forward to a new album. I like it better than Jerry's solo material... not that it sucked, this just has more punch.

--------------------

yawn

nothingface
VoivodFan
Member # 58

posted July 14, 2009 20:52     Profile for nothingface   Email nothingface     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I put the track on and continued looking through the forums here. I very easily forgot that it wasn't Layne on the track. What a way to come back in top form. Great track.

It would be good to see a mainstream band from the past come back to punish the radio shit that's come since.

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted July 15, 2009 08:12     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I like it but the song goes on and on and on and on...................
nunoPT
VoivodFan
Member # 379

posted July 15, 2009 13:28     Profile for nunoPT   Email nunoPT     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
... and on and on but its sounds ok ok ok...
low expectations for this one, if its all as good as this track its good surprise.

AngelRat
VoivodFan
Member # 88

posted July 15, 2009 15:47     Profile for AngelRat   Email AngelRat     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
I never expected AIC to ever come back, but here they are again. Somehow I'm not surprised. Without Layne I didn't have any expectations but soon realised Jerry Cantrell wrote all the songs anyway. I liked his solo stuff.

After listening to this track I have to admit I really like it and I'm looking forward to the new album now. As long as it's typical AIC quality stuff without forcing to produce 'Dirt Part II', I'm happy.

--------------------

"Appearing like Ra"

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted July 16, 2009 09:22     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
The new singer, afaik, was not in an AIC tribute band. He's the original guitar player from Atlanta's 80's hardcore band Neon Christ. He became friends with Cantrell and toured with him for his solo stuff. He eventually got the gig full-time after doing a few selected shows with AIC before the band decided to reform...
Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 16, 2009 19:09     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
which other AIC tribute singer ya'll talking about ?

this ones pretty excellent...

its so strange how some music/artist can bridge the gap and spread to all genres.

gangster version (pretty damn good though)

schroeder
VoivodFan
Member # 5

posted July 16, 2009 23:10     Profile for schroeder   Email schroeder     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
both of those were very cool version. thanks for the links.

also thanks Ynys Trebes for the detail behind how they got the new singer

--------------------

yawn

Ynys Trebes
VoivodFan
Member # 55

posted July 17, 2009 10:15     Profile for Ynys Trebes   Email Ynys Trebes     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
All the details are right here bro
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_DuVall

St. Mike
VoivodFan
Member # 570

posted July 20, 2009 17:35     Profile for St. Mike   Email St. Mike     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
ThanX! I had no Idea he was the same age as me... Wish I was as cool as him.... Posted on my facebook: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7XLC0zoaCA

--------------------

ARE YOU MORBID?

Hatröss
VoivodFan
Member # 7

posted July 20, 2009 18:13     Profile for Hatröss   Email Hatröss     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by St. Mike:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7XLC0zoaCA

hotdamn is that Lenny Kravitz and Zakk Wylde

3/4 of these kids would'nt even realize there was an original vocalist,

they were'nt there man...

\m/ rock on \m/

Mezcalhead
VoivodFan
Member # 26

posted August 13, 2009 21:03     Profile for Mezcalhead   Email Mezcalhead     Send New Private Message   Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EQniTgo630&feature=player_embedded

I did not like that first track they released off the new one. Too long....but this one is really nice...you can hear that the vocalist is a distinct personality...not just a Layne clone. Killer doom vibe as well.............

All times are ET  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | VoivodFan